Simmonds - So far off it

Remove this Banner Ad

astro_toby

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Think most people were pretty stunned when he got re-signed - but can you remember a bloke have a more ordinary 1st quarter to start the year, TWO years in a row?

miles off it, just like last year. Still too slow, still not skill full enough or fit enough.

On no less than 5 occasions we went into a ruck contest with no ruckman - as Simmonds was too slow to get to the contest in time.

The guy has given us some excellent service over the last 5 years - but his time was, and still is, up.

on an upside though - the young blokes look like they have something to offer:thumbsu:

Forget Simmonds, he's just a patch up job who'll be gone soon enough....I'm more worried about persisting with mediocre duds like Jackson & McGuane, that half this board jerk off over, yet again tonight we see these same idiots making the same dumb decisions and panicky mistakes.:thumbsdown:

Forget Simmonds, he's just a patch up job who'll be gone soon enough....I'm more worried about persisting with mediocre duds like Jackson & McGuane, that half this board jerk off over, yet again tonight we see these same idiots making the same dumb decisions and panicky mistakes.:thumbsdown:

I'm completely over Jackson by that far it doesn't matter unaccountable overrated numb nuts , coincidence we play well when he goes out of the centre square ??

Think most people were pretty stunned when he got re-signed - but can you remember a bloke have a more ordinary 1st quarter to start the year, TWO years in a row?

miles off it, just like last year. Still too slow, still not skill full enough or fit enough.

On no less than 5 occasions we went into a ruck contest with no ruckman - as Simmonds was too slow to get to the contest in time.

The guy has given us some excellent service over the last 5 years - but his time was, and still is, up.

on an upside though - the young blokes look like they have something to offer:thumbsu:
He's like me astro too old..:eek:

I'm completely over Jackson by that far it doesn't matter unaccountable overrated numb nuts , coincidence we play well when he goes out of the centre square ??

Bloke has busted his guts all night and is our highest disposal winner ( 17 ) with a few tackles to add- except for that shocking shot at goal ( where he definitely not alone) haven't really seen him shank much else.

Tambling has been dead quiet - doing some good work defenisvely with 8 tackles , but 3 touches in a half is not good enough. And to be honest, if you are going to lay 8 tackles - if you are laying them strong enough and hard enough, you would earn more than 1 "free for"

Think we are getting some good stuff out of most players - but no one is giving us a complete game. Players are either doing a good job offensively or a good job defensively - but no one giving us much more.

Been very happy with Nason, Roberts & Martin - as well as Connors. Hislop has worked hard also and hasn't done any of his "stupid" stuff to ruin it.

Why was Graham not selected over Simmonds? did i miss something?

Pressure is definitely on Polo, McMahon, White, Polak, Tuck - with other young players like Collins, Post and the higly rated Astbury and Dea not in the side tonight - those older blokes are really going to have to do something excellent at coburg to get a game

He's like me astro too old..:eek:

agree - trying my best to kept balanced with it - but 2 years in a row now this bloke has come out in the 1qtr of round 1 and looked like someone who hasn't trained in 6 years.

The young blokes are doing a good job tonight- we should give either Graham or Browne a crack next week

Bloke has busted his guts all night and is our highest disposal winner ( 17 ) with a few tackles to add- except for that shocking shot at goal ( where he definitely not alone) haven't really seen him shank much else.

Tambling has been dead quiet - doing some good work defenisvely with 8 tackles , but 3 touches in a half is not good enough. And to be honest, if you are going to lay 8 tackles - if you are laying them strong enough and hard enough, you would earn more than 1 "free for"

Think we are getting some good stuff out of most players - but no one is giving us a complete game. Players are either doing a good job offensively or a good job defensively - but no one giving us much more.

Been very happy with Nason, Roberts & Martin - as well as Connors. Hislop has worked hard also and hasn't done any of his "stupid" stuff to ruin it.

Why was Graham not selected over Simmonds? did i miss something?

Pressure is definitely on Polo, McMahon, White, Polak, Tuck - with other young players like Collins, Post and the higly rated Astbury and Dea not in the side tonight - those older blokes are really going to have to do something excellent at coburg to get a game
jacksons biggest issue is he when he coffs up the footy, or fails to place any defensive pressure, it costs goals , which incidentally is way to often !!!

At least their getting the pill unlike captain fantastic

What lazy prick who does stuff all in the first half and only has a crack in last halves !!

From a mod :eek: .

Lids is one of the only Richmond players I'd happily have at Collingwood. Martin looks like he will be the goods in years to come. I'd be worried about Cotchin if I were you. He is looking extremely slow and a shadow of what I remember of him .

From a mod :eek: .

Lids is one of the only Richmond players I'd happily have at Collingwood. Martin looks like he will be the goods in years to come. I'd be worried about Cotchin if I were you. He is looking extremely slow and a shadow of what I remember of him .

Mod doesn't prevent someone from being honest, oh and Cotchin I agree him
being nowhere near fit isn't doing anyone any good , in saying that I think he should be on ball or on the pine !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmonds to be retired. Trade McGuane to Gold Coast for anything. Give Jackson to anyone who will take him.....for free.

Vickery and his bit of agro is a positive for the future.

another year of Lids bashing. Surprise me.

How bout we discuss Mcguane, Moore, Newman, Tambling, Edwards, Thomson, Simmonds, Connors or Farmer? All have been alot worse than Lids, Cotch and Jackson.

Thompson has been so much better than Jackson it ain't funny, and lids' intensity has been nothing short of dismal !

For someone who is supposedly you best pplayer Lids has been ordiinary.

I dont understand the Jackson hate. Yes his disposal is lacking at times. But the guy busts his gut and outs his body on the line. If a few more talented Richmond on ballers gave the effort he does week in and week out, they would be dominating games as they should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simmonds - So far off it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back