News Skilled Group relinquishes Kardinia Park naming rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: So, what's the 'big news'?

Blake has a 4 year extension

I can't remember exactly but last time there was "big news" coming out of Skilled Stadium and we all thought it was going to be Ablett re-signing it ended up being new layer of paint on the toilet walls of the Wade Stand or something similar.

Perhaps plans for SS have got the nod as have plans to move our training and admin to a state-of-the-art set-up at Armstrong Creek.
I've heard news about this and would be disappointed if it was true.

Cameron Mooney is retiring, effective immediately:(

Simpkin to be upgraded and make he's debut against the crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember exactly but last time there was "big news" coming out of Skilled Stadium and we all thought it was going to be Ablett re-signing it ended up being new layer of paint on the toilet walls of the Wade Stand or something similar.

maybe new lights in the toilets of the Wade Stand?:D

Selwood in line for shock selection after Brent Guerra admits claims he was struck are false, but the truth is rughead staged for a free kick and admits he took a dive after finding out Joel's hair was real ???:p

This...

EDIT: From Twitter
CatsInsider Geelong Cats:
Can say it's not the announcement of a player re-signing or retiring... However still big big news! #gocats

Pfft...
Surely they wouldn't go down this path if it was the debut of Mitch Brown knowing the ridiculous expectations that would be lumped on the poor kid's shoulders.

Has to be something about Skilled Stadium, i guess.

You would think it would be contracts but Cook said a couple of days ago all the contracts needed to be put on hold while the CBA was worked out (not that I agree that's necessary, but he did say that).

Maybe we got the funding we applied for from the federal govt infrastructure fund (11m for lights etc) and they're going to announce that?

Cameron Mooney is retiring, effective immediately:(

Simpkin to be upgraded and make he's debut against the crows.

To be honest this is the first thing I thought of, but Cam's only played two VFL games and he said he'd play 4 and then make a decision?

Besides which, Simpkin can be upgraded for Smedts who can be LTI so there's no relationship between that and Cam and any announcement.

I know everyone's saying Brown, but surely we wouldn't have a presser to announce a debutant? That's putting ridiculous pressure on. When did we ever actually parade a kid out in a presser to announce their first game? Honestly I can't think of one in recent years, can anyone else?

EDIT: Apparently not about contracts or retiring. My money is on this 11 mil, here's hoping we've got it and lights, would be great if true.

has the Doug Wade stand proposed redevelopment been given the official green light yet?? If not i'd say this

Otherwise the first thing i thought about was Shagga Byrnes' return to the seniors

I think i'm along the line's of Exhale You's thought re: Mitch Brown's debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back