Autopsy Smashed in the middle no worries brutal 14pt win against the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

🦢🦢🦢NO LUCK CATCHING THEM SWANS THEN?🦢🦢🦢

Gallant effort from the dogs, considering their injuries.

Two weeks in a row though we've been challenged early but have ground the momentum back and run away with it.

Chad is a gun.
Heeney is a stud.
Gulden is a God.

Francis, sorry mate but I hope this was your last game for us.
I think Francis is in trouble, getting benched while we were defending an onslaught. Did he get injured or did Longmire pull him?

Congrats on the win Swannies. Genuine question, does Melican often trap leg and twist like he did with Naughton when tackling? Seemed very crude and dangerous.

Genuine answer , why are you here ?

Dale Thomas seems to not be a dickhead.

yeah, he always seemed like a good guy as a player ... i had a vague connection to him, well, my younger son did through his junior football years ago when thomas just arrived as a draftee to collingwood ...
he was just an anonymous kid in jeans, jacket and beanie and seemed good-natured even as the attention built around him in his early couple of years ... from what my son and plenty of others used to say

If Melican taught us anything its to have paitence.

Francis makes mistakes, but theres something there. Doesn't stay in for Mccartin , no way, but he is ok
Feel like people keep marking him like he's a best 22 player. Of course he has his flaws or he'd be playing every week. I think he's very serviceable as a back-up option.

Logan gets marked way too harshly.

Got around the ground, impacted the play, kicked a nice goal … and if Errol has produced the kick to Warner that Logan did - the board would have gone all “we’re not worthy!!!”.

Got swung back into defence late too.

He’s having a very nice year.

Yer maybe im expecting more output on the scoreboard from him he was supposed to be our focal forward this season.

Feel like people keep marking him like he's a best 22 player. Of course he has his flaws or he'd be playing every week. I think he's very serviceable as a back-up option.

Given time he could become best 22 imo, Rampe won't play forever

Horse looks as happy as the time I went to church with my in laws for a funeral of a person I never met.
Sorry for your loss mate

To ask a question to the people who watch him week in week out.

Well it read to me like you are accusing him of dangerous tackling , which is bs

Yer maybe im expecting more output on the scoreboard from him he was supposed to be our focal forward this season.

His second half presence was what we need imo, he was poor in the first half. Real maturity to work back into it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowbottom? Thought he was one of our worst. He needs the bye

but he's still part of our real core
heeney, warner, gulden, rowbottom ... he doesn't have the razzle dazzle of the other three but he's no less important, even if you think he wasn't at his best tonight

Really got outworked by the Dogs but just had enough class to get over the line.

Our clearance work has been really good but was very shaky tonight.

A win is a win and 10 -1 is brilliant.

Second that if the Dogs showed as much guts as tonight they would be in the 8.

Or does everyone bring their best against us haha

Congrats on the win Swannies. Genuine question, does Melican often trap leg and twist like he did with Naughton when tackling? Seemed very crude and dangerous.
Don't try to put it on the tackler. The issue is the umpires not blowing the whistle which will only invite incidents like this.

Does Easten Wood usually take out a player's legs rather than going for the ball? Or only in grand finals

And do umpires usually pay those as free kicks?

Just asking for a friend.

Does Easten Wood usually take out a player's legs rather than going for the ball? Or only in grand finals

And do umpires usually pay those as free kicks?

Just asking for a friend.

You didn't say genuine question :p

but he's still part of our real core
heeney, warner, gulden, rowbottom ... he doesn't have the razzle dazzle of the other three but he's no less important, even if you think he wasn't at his best tonight

Wouldn’t say he was good tonight though his opponent won that battle. Like a few they need the bye

Adams scraps so hard that it stifles oppo players in his vicinity to help our other mids outnumber. Watch him closely and you'll see how many oppo players he takes out of the contest without a stat to go with it. He is invaluable and I can see why he's playing ahead of Parker. Parker would be trying too hard to be the main guy despite not being as clean, and I rekn horse sees it too.

yep, no complaints about adams ... he's not there to rack up stats, but i think he's really important

Not enough love for Grundy IMO.

46 HO, 7 clearances (2nd most on the ground) and 7 tackles (= 2nd most for the game) and a significant physical presence around the ground throughout.
He makes a difference.

Admittedly not quite as much difference as when Warner goes full Chad.

And a call out to Will Hayward as well.
Last qtr an important mark on the wing, an important tackle on the wing, earlier in the game smother, chase down tackle leading to goals and kicked a couple of his own.
His workrate is superb.

Thought it was interesting that in the second half McDonald moved further up the ground and he just looks more comfortable and effective in that 'link' role.

The height of the Dog fwds troubled us, but when they have Darcy (208cm), JUH (197cm), Naughton (196cm) and can swing English (208cm) and Bontempelli (194) forward they are going to stretch every team to a degree.
Blakey was terrific spoiling the ball, but of all the players in the reserves it may even be Will Edwards (197cm and with good athleticism) who is the one we really need to develop into best 22.

I've said it before but can we please stop using Blakey for kick-ins.
He's much better as first receiver, where there is more potential for reward for the risks.

Subdued atmosphere, subdued game and as everyone has said take the 4 points, rest up and go again in a couple of weeks.
10-1, % of over 150%, I'm prepared to say we're travelling OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Smashed in the middle no worries brutal 14pt win against the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back