SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Assume its a typo but it looks likes the reserves finals have changed days? Second Semi on the Sunday can’t be right.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Assume its a typo but it looks likes the reserves finals have changed days? Second Semi on the Sunday can’t be right.

Yes they have. So that it is chelt v cranny in both seniors and ressies on satday. Seems highly logical to do as the other games are 4 different clubs. Alot less pressure on club volunteers having to back up for 2 days

Yes they have. So that it is chelt v cranny in both seniors and ressies on satday. Seems highly logical to do as the other games are 4 different clubs. Alot less pressure on club volunteers having to back up for 2 days

Then swap the seniors to the Sunday(or do nothing which has always been the way). If Dingley who finished on top lose, they will have a days less break into the preliminary. Volunteers have always coped in the past. Its not right.

Last edited:
Then swap the seniors to the Sunday(or do nothing which has always been the way). If Dingley who finished on top lose, they will have a days less break into the preliminary. Volunteers have always coped in the past. Its not right.

Spare a thought for the Cranbourne volunteers and players who have to make the trip twice to Linton St. A same team double header also creates great atmosphere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spare a thought for the Cranbourne volunteers and players who have to make the trip twice to Linton St. A same team double header also creates great atmosphere

Then move the seniors to Sunday. Why should Dingley or Springvale be disadvantaged for Cranny’s volunteers.?

Then move the seniors to Sunday. Why should Dingley or Springvale be disadvantaged for Cranny’s volunteers.?

Because then the top 2 in Div 1 Seniors don’t get the reward of finishing 1st and 2nd and the loser faces a 6 day break before the Prelim Final so back to square one

Because then the top 2 in Div 1 Seniors don’t get the reward of finishing 1st and 2nd and the loser faces a 6 day break before the Prelim Final so back to square one

The same rules have always,and should still apply for the reserves., under 19’s and any other level. What bullshit that the volunteers cant back up two days in a row.

The same rules have always,and should still apply for the reserves., under 19’s and any other level. What bullshit that the volunteers cant back up two days in a row.

Mate that's a ridiculous thing to say, without volunteers local footy does not operate. It's 1 day.... it's not gonna kill them

Mate that's a ridiculous thing to say, without volunteers local footy does not operate. It's 1 day.... it's not gonna kill them

If its only one day and not gonna kill them, Cranny and Chelt can play Sunday. After all, its their volunteers getting the benefit.

If its only one day and not gonna kill them, Cranny and Chelt can play Sunday. After all, its their volunteers getting the benefit.

Why is your nose so bent out of shape over this?

How does this affect your life if a reserves side plays 1 day earlier?

So apparently its more important for dingleys reserves getting the extra day than it is for cheltenhams seniors? If dingley are good enough they get 2 weeks off.

Common sense not so common it would seem…

So apparently its more important for dingleys reserves getting the extra day than it is for cheltenhams seniors? If dingley are good enough they get 2 weeks off.

Common sense not so common it would seem…

No its not more important. Thats my point. They should both be playing Saturday . Ive yet to be given a compelling reason for the change if the reserves match. Play seniors and reserves when they were originally scheduled.

No its not more important. Thats my point. They should both be playing Saturday . Ive yet to be given a compelling reason for the change if the reserves match. Play seniors and reserves when they were originally scheduled.

Your entire argument comes across as incredibly naive.

I can tell that you've never been involved with the off field side of running a football club.

Probably one of those blokes that pays his subs late, doesn't stick around for a feed on a Thursday and bolts out the door after a game on Saturday and just thinks everything magically gets done.

Club volunteers put in a phenomenonal amount of effort every single day to make sure that clubs can continue to operate and if the league sees fit to schedule both sides on 1 day to take a small load off their shoulders, then kudos to them.

Your entire argument comes across as incredibly naive.

I can tell that you've never been involved with the off field side of running a football club.

Probably one of those blokes that pays his subs late, doesn't stick around for a feed on a Thursday and bolts out the door after a game on Saturday and just thinks everything magically gets done.

Club volunteers put in a phenomenonal amount of effort every single day to make sure that clubs can continue to operate and if the league sees fit to schedule both sides on 1 day to take a small load off their shoulders, then kudos to them.

Fine. Make that one day Sunday if that’s suddenly a priority after 30’years in the SFNL.

Fine. Make that one day Sunday if that’s suddenly a priority after 30’years in the SFNL.

Black Rock and Ashwood had a double header on the weekend and it was some of the best footy atmosphere I've seen for a while. Switching the games seems like a no brainer in my opinion. Doubt Dingley were too fussed, they have a double chance anyways.

Black Rock and Ashwood had a double header on the weekend and it was some of the best footy atmosphere I've seen for a while. Switching the games seems like a no brainer in my opinion. Doubt Dingley were too fussed, they have a double chance anyways.

Black Rock and Ashwood played both games where they were scheduled. There was no need to disadvantage 2 teams that qualified higher than them.

Remove this Banner Ad

SNFL Div 1 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back