So who won trade week!?

Remove this Banner Ad

You lost one of the best 3 players in the afl and replaced him with players that can't make their own 22. For those that understand football well, this is not difficult to understand ;)
As a regular crows troll, I wouldn't expect you to understand our problem is our bottom talent or outside players.

B crouch <- Dangerfield
Seedsman <- Mackay
Hampton <- Van berlo
Menzel <- Wright

Stronger overall team, as we have replaced our weakest links.

Ps. Good to see port this year got the forward-ruckman you should have got last year instead of a ruckman-forward... So you have given up 4 decent picks & made your vice-captain superfluous to needs & he refused trade to the bulldogs.

As a regular crows troll, I wouldn't expect you to understand our problem is our bottom talent or outside players.

B crouch <- Dangerfield
Seedsman <- Mackay
Hampton <- Van berlo
Menzel <- Wright

Ps. Good to see port this year got the forward-ruckman you should have got last year instead of a ruckman-forward... So you have given up 4 decent picks & made your vice-captain superfluous to needs & he refused trade to the bulldogs.

Regular crows troll is not a fair comment. I more took issue with your condescending tone that anyone not agreeing that the crows did well doesn't understand the crows list.
FWIW, I think the crows may come out of this well, Menzel could be a really good pick up and will help Betts kick more goals. Seedsman is an upgrade on Mackay. Wright should be gone, and you have 2 decent picks to bring in young talent to replace some of your spuds. Kerridge would always be fringe 22.
Losing Danger will put more pressure for Thompson to maintain form (he superseded my expectations last year) and Sloane may cop the Danger attention. Sloane is an A grader so I expect he will handle this well and thrive.
But hey what do I know, I'm a regular crows troll that doesn't understand the crows list :)
And on your comments re Port, I'm happy with Ryder and Dixon. They are upgrades on Lobbe as a sole ruckman, we now have some real big man talent.

Regular crows troll is not a fair comment. I more took issue with your condescending tone that anyone not agreeing that the crows did well doesn't understand the crows list.
FWIW, I think the crows may come out of this well, Menzel could be a really good pick up and will help Betts kick more goals. Seedsman is an upgrade on Mackay. Wright should be gone, and you have 2 decent picks to bring in young talent to replace some of your spuds. Kerridge would always be fringe 22.
Losing Danger will put more pressure for Thompson to maintain form (he superseded my expectations last year) and Sloane may cop the Danger attention. Sloane is an A grader so I expect he will handle this well and thrive.
But hey what do I know, I'm a regular crows troll that doesn't understand the crows list :)
And on your comments re Port, I'm happy with Ryder and Dixon. They are upgrades on Lobbe as a sole ruckman, we now have some real big man talent.
Who was condescending saying that we replaced Dangerfield with 3 players who can't make their sides' 22. ;) Menzel clearly in the blues best 22. Seedsman was in the 1st half of the season when the pies were winning til he fell out of favour with Buckley. Hampton whilst not established at gws, puts pressure on the likes of Henderson, van berlo, etc... As we did not have much depth on the flanks. We have brought in pacier outside players we lacked, so our list is better balanced going forward.

No doubt losing Dangerfield is a big loss, but we didn't replace him with another inside player as we have oodles - Sloane, Douglas, b & m crouch, Thompson, Ellis-yolmen & Lyons. Also, with the recruitment of outside players, Smith & Laird May play more on ball.

No doubt you have brought in 2 quality talks for 4 decent draft picks. What does this do for team harmony, when you tried trade your vice-captain who will end up playing mostly sanfl unless Wada wack Ryder? Ideally you would have just traded for Dixon & instead of Ryder you got in another quality midfield &/or forward to replace Schultz.

I notice several Crows posters when assessing some of the Geelong acquisitions have referred to them as "average" because they played WAFL (Selwood) and NEAFL (Smith). That is fine.

But I'd just like to remind them that Seedsman (VFL) and Hampton (NEAFL) couldn't crack a regular spot for non-finalists. And their prized recruit, Menzel, got dumped several times to the VFL by the wooden-spooner. These guys are a long way off winning a club b & f at afl level id say. 3 x 2nd rounders + Kerridge isn't small change for guys who are playing reserves at age 23, 22 and 21 respectively either. It's a big risk for a club that's had major draft penalties recently.

Personally, I think Brisbane will get much more out of its recruits. I don't rate Jansen, but I reckon Bell, Bastinac and Walker will have very productive careers. Menzel is the only real value for the Crows IMO.

Taylor Walker got dropped back to the sanfl many times in his first few years by Neil Craig. As did many top players at various clubs. Maybe try to stop crying just because you don't like how some supporters didn't really rate your trading.

Contrary to most people's opinions, I don't think Essendon did that well in trade week. Players should be seen by recruiters as assets to win a premiership and I'm not sure when they are hoping to challenge for one. Obviously not next year or the year after. Maybe in 3-5 years they are hoping to go for that premiership, but if so, why only get guys who will be 29-31 in three years (Bird and Leuenberger) or 21 and under (their draft picks)? To me they should either be going into full rebuild mode (trade out players with currency, go to the draft) or stockpile some depth and players who will be in their prime when they hope to contend. Names like Bastinac, Tomlinson, Anderson, Seedsman or Townsend could have added depth and ended up as components of a winning team, without giving up all that much.

Its hard to know what Essendon can do and where theyre are at? I think the fans and even inside the club are unsure. Before this year we were finishing around that top 6 position the 2 years before.

I have no problem with having a ruckmen that old. Leuys body will settle down with age and ruckmen usually produce their best in this age category.

Bird came on the cheap. Pick 44 i think he still has 5 years left in him.

But the bombers will be thinking they can do what the dogs and eagles have done and be right in the race in 2 years time. I think our success really depends on our forward line though. We need to find someone that can tandem Daniher and also some good quick scoreboard hitting small forwards.

We all of a sudden considering we lost 2 years of draft picks have a very good young crop coming through in

Z.Merrett
Gleeson
Heppell
Mckernan
Langford
Laverde
Fantasia
Daniher
Pick 4, 5, 24 and 25 this year

We need more from some of the Myers, Hurley, Zacka, Hooker, Baguley,Hibberd crop not old but not young in the next 2 years.

As much as we have promising youngsters coming through we also have some ageing stars however some of them wont be a huge loss and no disrespect to Stanton, Cooney. Watson and Goddard would be the big losses.

Itd be nice if we can find another couple who develop from Ashby, Kavanagh, Obrien, J.Long, J.Merrett but im a bit doubtful.

Last edited:
Nice numbers I wonder how those numbers went this year? when he couldn't be bothered putting in the effort for his side that is required to hold your spot , similar to yarran Henderson and to a lesser degree menzel it shows the character of a player that he can't be bothered to have a cracked unlike Tom bell and dangerfield that tried their guts out till the end knowing they were going at the same time . I'm not sure how a gutless midfielder such as aish can improve collingwood but hey each to their own were all entitled to our opinion I'd much rather Tom bell who yes does Butcher the ball on occasions but tries his guts out over softy aish good luck to him but might have been better staying put than languishing in the two's as I suspect he will .

But IF went to Blues you be Calling him Future SuperStar and last year he was Unsettled and be in a Better Place and Better Form in 2016 as he is away from Brisbane

Who said James Aish couldn't be bothered? He's 19 years of age. His unhappiness at being at Brisbane and the speculation over his contract does not mean a player is "soft" or "gutless." How on earth did you come to that conclusion? Do you have even one on-field incident to support this claim?

Brisbane didn't want to play him in the seniors this year because they knew he wanted to leave. This uncomfortable situation between club and player is not a good environment for any player to produce their best. It doesn't mean he's "soft" or "gutless" at all though.

Blues would no Super soft players With Yarran and Squibbs

B crouch <- Dangerfield
Seedsman <- Mackay
Hampton <- Van berlo
Menzel <- Wright

Hampton is a huge spud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least yarran has showed he has talent. Hampton has showed nothing and is just shit
Ok, you clearly have a screw loose if you think Hampton's main problem has been a lack of talent...

You picked up a melbourne spud, a unproven player in aish, and got treloar who is good, while also losing a top 10 pick and seedsman lol
hahah please just stop. I can taste the saltiness in your reply. Aish's second year was ruined by injuries, have a look at his first year stats. Treloar is not good, he is an elite talented player. Seedsman wasn't even in our best 22. Yea we lost a top 10 pick, but we are getting a proven young gun in Treloar in return. I would rather that than an unproven talent from a weak draft.

hahah please just stop. I can taste the saltiness in your reply. Aish's second year was ruined by injuries, have a look at his first year stats. Treloar is not good, he is an elite talented player. Seedsman wasn't even in our best 22. Yea we lost a top 10 pick, but we are getting a proven young gun in Treloar in return. I would rather that than an unproven talent from a weak draft.
Yet none of this seems to fix the issues of no goal kickers, a average backline and cant draft any good kpp in the next few years. Good mids only get you so far. Be lucky to make top 8

Yet none of this seems to fix the issues of no goal kickers, a average backline and cant draft any good kpp in the next few years. Good mids only get you so far. Be lucky to make top 8
are you dumb? our backline is incredibly young and will only get betterin years to come. We still are taking picks into the draft and there will be plenty of opportunities for us to draft project kpp for the future. Your mentally pathetic club will struggle to make it to the top 8 because all the sides around you have improved and you will struggle to compete with them. I feel sorry that your club has allready plateaued and will not show anymore improvement. We will finish higher than your mob next year

are you dumb? our backline is incredibly young and will only get betterin years to come. We still are taking picks into the draft and there will be plenty of opportunities for us to draft project kpp for the future. Your mentally pathetic club will struggle to make it to the top 8 because all the sides around you have improved and you will struggle to compete with them. I feel sorry that your club has allready plateaued and will not show anymore improvement. We will finish higher than your mob next year
Lol i would be willing to bet you dont finish higher then us

As an 18 year old in 2014, James Aish finished 4th in Rising Star, 9th in Best and Fairest, 6th in total disposals, 4th in marks, and 5th in tackles. He wanted to be at Collingwood in 2015 as part of the Dayne Beams trade though, and Brisbane knew it, but I expect him to become an even better player now that he's finally at his preferred destination.
In 19 of his 32 matches Aish has had a disposal efficiency of 80%-91%. In 8 matches, he has had a disposal efficiency of 70%-79%. That's very good for a 19 year old who should only get better, and doesn't sound much like a "butcher" to me. The butcher you go to must use a laser cutting machine and a scalpel.Aish was wearing number 4 for Brisbane. Maybe you were looking at the wrong player. Aish's first 32 games have been much, much better than Toumpas' first 27 games.
If you don't get it I won't bother good luck to aish and yarran I'm glad yarran isn't at carlton anymore and I suspect Brisbane fans would feel the same on aish .
Cheers ..
DON'T mess with our amazing Steph as she doe's her homework and knows her stuff and just owned you then #Side-by-sideAishO

All those flavours and he goes and picks that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

So who won trade week!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back