Opinion Soft Cap Tax

Should the club invest more and pay the soft cap tax?

• No - i don’t think it will add value

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the pies are onto something here. We have effectively a rebuild on the run occurring with a new coach, board change etc. With a young list (and it will be very shortly as players like Grimes/Prestia/Dusty etc retire) and a new coaching team, it would make sense to bite the bullet, pay the tax and “over invest” backstage and get the additional resources in to assist these guys and the players. It will fast track the club in many areas. Whether you think the soft tax cap if fair or unfair is irrelevant as it’s the system we have to work in. I think strength and fitness is obviously one area. And maybe another line coach or something in the vfl program. What are people’s thoughts around this? Would it be worthwhile for the club to take the hit and do it?

Absolutely. If it goes **** up just become a beggar club.
I think that’s the point though. They wanna penalize the big, successful clubs? We shouldn’t be shy and hide from it. Be a nice FU to pay the tax and be successful still.

Don’t mind it but difficult with us needing to get the punt road redevelopment sorted out first…

Wonder if we could be like the pies and get the government to pay for all of it by saying it’s for aflw and woman’s netball but cancel the programs once it’s finished and just keep the facilities for the men’s side

Before we all get carried away with this "soft cap tax" remember the RFC have the PRO Development to sort out and complete...as a Club we can't afford to pay big dollars out on both!
Then we still have both the Football and Medical/Physio Depts to restructure...more money paid out!
This PRO Development is a bit of a financial albatross currently around the Club's neck!
The perfect storm of Player Injuries/Cannibalization of Personnel/PRO/Umpire Bias/AFL Equalization has the Club currently dead in the water!

I believe we will see a dramatic change in our soft cap spending from next year. This year we had our hands tied a little bit because of existing contracts with assistants like Teague and Rutten plus other support staff like Meehan and co. With Yze on less money than Hardwick and contracts ending I can see the football department getting a boost in a lot of areas as we look to make wholesale changes to get things more in line with how Yze wants things to be set up. As such I don't believe there is a big need to pay over the cap just yet. Maybe in a few years if Yze is going well and close to achieving premiership success then we could possibly go over the cap to make that final push, but right now I wouldn't want to be incurring extra costs for no real benefit especially if we're going to be losing money from a drop in crowds and membership given the current on field results.

Absolute gangster move by the pies

We should have been doing that for years

What is the point of turning over $100m a year and being a financial force if you can’t flex it and have a comparative advantage ?

They will get better and better and we will get worse

Things need to change we are
Sleeping at the wheel .

Absolute gangster move by the pies

We should have been doing that for years

What is the point of turning over $100m a year and being a financial force if you can’t flex it and have a comparative advantage ?

They will get better and better and we will get worse

Things need to change we are
Sleeping at the wheel .
We still have a $100 Mill PRO re-development project to finalize!

Just borrow and borrow and get everything done

Blow a shed load of cash and go into debt

The AFL then gives us more money like it does with the Aints & Norf

simple
So just copy the Victorian government strategy? So angry what those incompetents have done since they’ve had the controls😡😡

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Soft Cap Tax

Back