Solomon incident (Video)

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't like much...
No I don't like Solomon, never have liked him and I have no time or tolerance for this kind of behaviour, so now I dislike him more. Selfish twat, but I'm counting on the fact someone out there will have some kind of justification for it.

And if disliking the fact my team (which by the way went into the season as a grand final favourite) has a losing record and has looked pathetic all season makes me a bad person - guess that's just what I am.

I don't agree with undisciplined acts but I give you the tip if someone whacked me in the chest like that I'd flatten them too

I'm sick of umpires paying free kicks for retaliation when clearly something had occurred beforehand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I don't like Solomon, never have liked him and I have no time or tolerance for this kind of behaviour, so now I dislike him more. Selfish twat, but I'm counting on the fact someone out there will have some kind of justification for it.

And if disliking the fact my team (which by the way went into the season as a grand final favourite) has a losing record and has looked pathetic all season makes me a bad person - guess that's just what I am.

so you want AFL to pretty much get softer? you have no tolerance for someone sticking up for themselves, have you considered the fact that that kind of behaviour actually intimidates other players expecially younger players like newman, for all you know that could have affected newmans game...

like it or not that works, so what if gave a 50m penalty away big deal, its good to watch and its behaviour like that that can really affect a player, expecially someone like newman who is young and provides great run for the tigs.

I couldn't give a crap if the AFL is hard, soft or whatever adjective you want to use. I give a crap about my team winning and don't appreciate players risking suspensions to be "tough". And personally I don't think picking on a guy while he's down is tough at all and I don't give a toss what he did previously. Show some balls and walk away - and do the damage where it counts - on the scoreboard.

And I like you assessment of that 50m penalty which cost us a crucial goal - "no big deal". If he's suspended I suppose that's no big deal either? What if we'd lost, still no big deal? I certainly hope our players don't share that attitude.

We were getting hammered....not switched on...if it took an undisciplined act for us to fire up...then so be it.

Solly rocks

Geez your username is appropriate aint it now :rolleyes:

I quite like it when we go the tough guy routine, Blacky especially. I reckon it fires everyone up and intimidates some of the opposition. Our young players don't have to worry about the opposition because Solly and Co has got their back. So often we play like we don't really care and if takes a bit of push and shove to get their competitive juices flowing so be it.

The only thing I don't like about it is that they are stupid enough to get reported or give away free kicks. They have been doing this wrestling business for so long I would've hoped they had learned where the line is. I guess the thing is its ok to get into the opposition when your goal is helping the team but its not OK when your goal changes from helping the team to wanting to win some ego grudge match.

I don't think Solly did anything any worse than half a dozen players do week in week out - he's been doing it his whole career and up until he put on a purple jumper, he's got away with it. Having said that, the media have certainly taking a liking to dobbing him in and with our MRP record this year, it wouldn't hurt if he could maybe control his temper and get the guy with a strong bump at a more appropriate time. He can still hurt them, just don't give the umpires/media/mrp the ammunition to hurt us back.

We were getting hammered....not switched on...if it took an undisciplined act for us to fire up...then so be it.

Solly rocks

Exactly,,, it was a Sacrifice 50 meter penalty.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't told to do it.. At that point, we were being pushed aside and manhandled.. Time to make a stand and take the 50.

Solly brings it right to the edge.....
Just like Farmer, Black,Carr, and Hedland..

It's an Art.... Solly is the Master ; along with Jeff.

I saw the incident that incurred the Soli swing, the ump was only metres away. Both players were pushing and shoving, one had a swing the other a swipe, both were to blame. The ump should have told both players to back off and just said "your both in it".

Look Soli is great at lifting the team when they are lethargic, but there is a fine line when they have to pull their head in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Solomon incident (Video)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back