Some questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think we could play two of lobb and neale so wouldn't bother.

Reckon Smith gets thrown around into positions that don't suit because Bevo.
Lobb suggestion was slightly tongue in cheek. Still, he's 31yo + has played since 2014, so a suggestion as he has more experience while Conway develops. If he's dissatisfied not playing games at Bulldogs, doubt he'd want to be a fill in Ruck at Geelong.

I think the Dee's would want our future fist in the deal and it's a brave line to cross
Very brave indeed, but if the Cats like player, and said player makes a commitment to the club, they'll do what's necessary to land the player.
Its more unlikely than likely, but we need this sort of player, LDU is also worth speaking with.

We shall see on CO. IF we could get him right I'm sure the Dees would be happy to unload him.

Smith - needs your guy to give him a hairy.
Doubt he'd come cheap. The new club would have to take over his long very healthy contract and there'd be picks methinks.

At our stage, I'd prefer keeping cap space and giving SW a chance at some early picks.

I'm sure there are machinations one way or another. IF we could get him right and IF he could give us 5 good years, gee he would make a difference.
Yeah but if it's 5 bad years or he goes off the rails with that contract at those dollars and having given up a potential early pick we're in a bit of strife.

Could have said that about Stngle etc. Always a gamble innit?
Stengle was a DFA who was on a base salary and didn't cost us anything picks wise.

If he went off the rails, we could have just cut him and had no aftershock whatsover. It would be like we didn't even recruit him in the first place.

Oliver's on 1m+, and will likely cost a first round pick or two. If that goes wrong, it can go wrong quickly and cost you big time.

Hopper & Taranto are a cautionary tale at Richmond, and they don't even have the off-field issues.

Comparing Stengle & Oliver is apples to intergalactic rockmelons.

Could have said that about Stngle etc. Always a gamble innit?
You can't actually. Stengle didn't have 6 years remaining on a contract at age 26 for a million a year, and stengle didn't cost us any picks at all let alone the 2x first rounders I assume we lose on the trade.

There is almost nothing about Oliver that you can say about stengle

Stengle was a DFA who was on a base salary and didn't cost us anything picks wise.

If he went off the rails, we could have just cut him and had no aftershock whatsover. It would be like we didn't even recruit him in the first place.

Oliver's on 1m+, and will likely cost a first round pick or two. If that goes wrong, it can go wrong quickly and cost you big time.

Hopper & Taranto are a cautionary tale at Richmond, and they don't even have the off-field issues.

Comparing Stengle & Oliver is apples to intergalactic rockmelons.
New band name acquired

You can't actually. Stengle didn't have 6 years remaining on a contract at age 26 for a million a year, and stengle didn't cost us any picks at all let alone the 2x first rounders I assume we lose on the trade.

There is almost nothing about Oliver that you can say about stengle
There are many similarities IMO other than the contractual piece, which can always be mitigated depending on the clauses around performance on and off field. But I am not privy to those clauses I am simply spectatingulating.

Sorry of my spelling is off I can hardly see the screen.

There are many similarities IMO other than the contractual piece, which can always be mitigated depending on the clauses around performance on and off field. But I am not privy to those clauses I am simply spectatingulating.

Sorry of my spelling is off I can hardly see the screen.
Yeah but the contractual piece is like 99% of the problem. The other similarities don't matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back