Song Contest Part XXII, Host: JHF1870, Theme: Favourite Album Covers, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

5 - Paul Pena - Gonna Move - 2nd - Callums_Guns - Outstanding groove
4 - Beach House - New Romance - 4th - TubbsFarquhar
3 - Astronauts, etc - Place With You - 13th - por_please_ya
2 - Cleopatrick - Hometown - 1st - hotchilli - Great dynamics, worthy winner
1 - Hockey Dad - Still Have Room - 8th - Loonerty - Nice singalong melody - new music too

Billy - The Move - Flowers in the Rain - bit vanilla. Staring at flowers?

5 - Paul Pena - Gonna Move - 2nd - Callums_Guns - Outstanding groove
4 - Beach House - New Romance - 4th - TubbsFarquhar
3 - Astronauts, etc - Place With You - 13th - por_please_ya
2 - Cleopatrick - Hometown - 1st - hotchilli - Great dynamics, worthy winner
1 - Hockey Dad - Still Have Room - 8th - Loonerty - Nice singalong melody - new music too

Billy - The Move - Flowers in the Rain - bit vanilla. Staring at flowers?
Flowers In the Rain was supposed to be psychedelic and the lyrics not supposed to 'make sense' non psychedelically speaking. It was a massive worldwide hit [so a lot of people would disagree about it being vanilla] and I think all the other artists on the list would be pretty happy to make something so popular and well remembered and enjoyed after over 50 years :rainbow:

Have to say I really only voted for the sake of it. I didnt find any songs overly memorable.

Probably my lowest rated playlist.
Not my lowest rated as there were no songs apart from my billy that I really hated but they were all pretty meh.

Have a theme but don't know what to do 😂

I've hit up 1 other before passing onto next person

1) Say your theme and deadlines (typically it’ll be 9pm or 10pm tonight for nominations and 9pm or 10pm on Wednesday for results depending on when you’re free)
2) Collect the noms and publish them on the thread after the deadline with #SongContestNominations without saying who the nommer is
3) Someone kind will create a playlist
4) Collect votes and release results on Wednesday!

Theme : Toby
Toby can be the artist, in title / lyrics or anything relating to Toby Greene

Noms in by 10pm AEST tonight
Give example of link in nom

** Song list will be posted early tomorrow morning, may need a hand creating a playlist **

Flowers In the Rain was supposed to be psychedelic and the lyrics not supposed to 'make sense' non psychedelically speaking. It was a massive worldwide hit [so a lot of people would disagree about it being vanilla] and I think all the other artists on the list would be pretty happy to make something so popular and well remembered and enjoyed after over 50 years :rainbow:

Yeah maybe I will stay away from comments on the Billy nom. Didn't mean to offend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah maybe I will stay away from comments on the Billy nom. Didn't mean to offend.
All good just my two cents worth :) I was a bit surprised it only got two votes but I shouldn’t be :p

All good just my two cents worth :) I was a bit surprised it only got two votes but I shouldn’t be :p

Your nom did prompt me to do some reading about The Move, and the formation of ELO, and Jeff Lynne who I really only knew about from the Wilburys and the 2004 Hall of Fame performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps (made more famous because of Prince's epic guitar solo). All a little bit before my time but I do like music history like that.

How do I feel about Toby Greene, let me count the ways...

Should have Strigoi and U2tigers placing a nomination this round :think:
What’s all this then?
I was sleeping.

Tired Sweet Dreams GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Song Contest Part XXII, Host: JHF1870, Theme: Favourite Album Covers, Votes Due: Sunday 9pm AEST Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back