South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
since interleague was meant to be on this weekend..what would your south west interleague team be? heres mine..

BP FB BP
S.Rhodes(darra)L.Lucas(cav) M.Steele(Branx)

HB CHB HB
J.Eats(col) P.Young(meres) A.Cameron(Branx)

W C W
J.Saunders(branx)D.Hackwil(San) B.Dunn(mere)

HF CHF HF
S.O'brien(west) S.Jones(dart) S.Clarke(darra)

FP FF FP
T.Holland(Darra) D.Mitchell(west) J.Mcrae(Dart)

Rucks RR R
Z.Mcdonald(col) J.Lewis(col) D.Andrew(darras)

Int
P.Roberts(mere), R.Waldron(cav), J.Brown(col)

since interleague was meant to be on this weekend..what would your south west interleague team be? heres mine..

BP FB BP
S.Rhodes(darra)L.Lucas(cav) M.Steele(Branx)

HB CHB HB
J.Eats(col) P.Young(meres) A.Cameron(Branx)

W C W
J.Saunders(branx)D.Hackwil(San) B.Dunn(mere)

HF CHF HF
S.O'brien(west) S.Jones(dart) S.Clarke(darra)

FP FF FP
T.Holland(Darra) D.Mitchell(west) J.Mcrae(Dart)

Rucks RR R
Z.Mcdonald(col) J.Lewis(col) D.Andrew(darras)

Int
P.Roberts(mere), R.Waldron(cav), J.Brown(col)

no karl shaffer?? would be leading the clubs best and fairest by a large margin in my opinion.

Harder than I thought, but here's my first crack at a side...

FB| M. Gore (H) P. Young (H) J. Saunders (B/W)
HB| J. Eats (Col) vc L.Lucas (Ca) A.Cameron (B/W)
C | D. Tier (B/W) K. Schaefer (H) L. Polaski (D)
HF| R. Waldron (Ca) S. Jones (D) S. Clarke (T)
FF| S. O'Brien (W) D. Mitchell (W) J. Mcrae (D)
R | Z. Mcdonald (Col) J. Lewis (Col) D. Andrews (T) c
B | L. Wiseman (T) J. Marnell (W) T. Holland (T)
* Honourable mentions to P. Roberts (H), M. Sailor (B/W) and Russell, Hackwill and Searle (S) Havent seen much of em play so yeah...

Likeapuma - I thought you gave BigFooty up? Good to see you back!

Some exciting games this weekend - Heathmere V. Coleraine and Westerns V. Dartmoor should both produce some good footy!

Agreed, I think Heathmere v Coleraine will show where the maroons are at, and if they can bounce back from last game. Likewise with Westerns, good chance to show finals intentions and make a move to the top few.
I don't recall being involved in a closer season with nothing certain for finals at this stage and the comp wide open, makes the last half of the season even more exciting!

at this halfway point might be a good chance to have another crack at this:
(if anyone still uses this forum..)

Premiers: Tyrendarra- real depth and a good mix of young, old, speed and toughness
Wooden Spooners: Sanford
Biggest Improver from 10: Branx/Wall - Not winning a game in 2 years to pushing for finals, huge
Biggest Slider from 10: Cavendish or Westerns
Goal Kicker: Mcrae- reads the ball too well, should be heavily tagged
League Medal top 3: Marnell (w), Shaefer (h) and Cameron (b/w)- always in the best, Cameron might have too many votes stolen by teammates
Top 5:
Dartmoor, Heathmere, Coleraine, Tyrendarra, Branxholme.

western vs dartmoor game awesome game qucik, hard, and some brillant plays, a draw fiting result really a free kick was paid against the dartmoor bench after there were 5 to 6 dartmoor people one over the boundary line and and the others right on it the umpire told the bench to get back about 3 times and they didnt do so a free kick was paid against them and after abuse from the bench a 50 metre pently was paid and then the siren went josh marnel just falling short with a kick after the siren dean mitchell to the back line was a key move cuting off so many balls and hes kicking coming out was brillant, josh marnel played a classic josh marnel of toughness and hard run, Tim frost was awesome on jase mcrae keeping the best foward in the league to just 2 goals other players to impresse were bryan rice, stevo o'brien and michael barry, for dartmoor mark phillips and josh woodall were great in the middle, matthew cameron was good up foward z.michiu was also dangerous up foward. what happened after the game was a real shame after one of the games of the season be intresting to see what comes of it, a bit of shame seeing a coach one of the key starters and the one throwing the punches and of course hes team going to follow there coach

With the Dartmoor coach being reported for striking and abusing an umpire how long will he get? could be a long time and same with tony woodall for man handling an umpire??

With the Dartmoor coach being reported for striking and abusing an umpire how long will he get? could be a long time and same with tony woodall for man handling an umpire??

I think the league needs to send a reall message to the leaders of this club that this behaviour is just unnacceptable. Surprised there are not more reports out of it, but still early stages I guess.

simon jones to go for the rest of the year maybe? whats everyone else think? and dont know about woodall have to be big penltey unacceptable behaviour

simon jones to go for the rest of the year maybe? whats everyone else think? and dont know about woodall have to be big penltey unacceptable behaviour
if woodall has man handled the umpire like it has been said he really should get at least 5 years just the same as the branxholme player did last yr, who did jones hit to get reported?

Does anyone know if anything has come by it?
Bit of a shame that it was the coach and president, not a good example at all... and reports of 60+ people involved

Heard whispers at training that there were only fines handed out, if that is the case i'd be pretty disappointed in the league and almost have a concern with being involved in the SWDFNL and further if that kind of nonsense isn't outlawed...

Does anyone know if anything has come by it?
Bit of a shame that it was the coach and president, not a good example at all... and reports of 60+ people involved

Heard whispers at training that there were only fines handed out, if that is the case i'd be pretty disappointed in the league and almost have a concern with being involved in the SWDFNL and further if that kind of nonsense isn't outlawed...

Simon Jones got 3 weeks, both clubs fined and I know that Dartmoor have another suspended fine hanging over their heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh ok, what about Woodall?
Anyone know the details on the 'man-handling' incident? in comparison to last years branxholme incident?

Anyone know the details on the 'man-handling' incident? in comparison to last years branxholme incident?

Havent heard what happned about that... Didnt see the alleged incident involving Woodall last weekend so cant comment.

Can comment on the fact I think its crap when it seems like news stories and people have given all the blame to Dartmoor.

in today portland observer it said both clubs were fined $1000 with $5000 hanging over there head if anything else happens and woodall got a $100 fine if he has man handle the umpire penalty doesnt fit the crime at all

Havent heard what happned about that... Didnt see the alleged incident involving Woodall last weekend so cant comment.

Can comment on the fact I think its crap when it seems like news stories and people have given all the blame to Dartmoor.

Reports were it was the Dartmoor bench, coach and president involved... I'd love to hear another side to the story tho..?

Note from the w/e, doesn't look like the top 4 (or bottom 2) will be changed much for the season, and next weeks game between Branx and Westerns could show who has the greater want for that 5th spot. Thoughts?

what player in the comp would be winning the medal at this stage and who do you think is grand final favourites???

wouldnt have a clue on the medal, J Eats, D Andrews, P Young, D Tier, J Lewis..??

Darra's for the flag tho, heaps of depth through the ressies.. Bakshy back will worry alot of backlines and big Wisey in the ruck fairly consistant in the ruck..

does anyone know how many senior games you can play before its to many to play in res finals?

The by laws read that you must not play more than ten senior games to play reserves finals but if both your senior team and reserve team plays both on the same day you can play play in either team as long as you have played the initial five club games to qualify to play finals.

The by laws read that you must not play more than ten senior games to play reserves finals but if both your senior team and reserve team plays both on the same day you can play play in either team as long as you have played the initial five club games to qualify to play finals.

cheers, i thought it was if both teams are playing on the same weekend you can in either team if you have the 5 club games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back