South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to see how everyone thinks they are going 'pre-'pre-season..
Team:
Coaches:
Pro from last season:
Con from last season:
Recruited players:
Lost players:
What is needed for 2012:
Early Prediction:

Interested to see how everyone thinks they are going 'pre-'pre-season..
Team: Tyrendarra
Coaches: Jaron Quinlivan , Rohan Clark , Tony Jackson
Pro from last season: Unity , player retention , selective recruiting
Con from last season:
Recruited players: Luke Thorpe , Tom Rowe , Lewis Rogers plus more tba
Lost players: Leigh Wiseman , Chris Baksh
What is needed for 2012: More dynamic talls
Early Prediction:
Maybe top 3

Tyrendarra starts pre - season training Friday night 25th 5.40pm at Nunns beach car park so will know more on recruiting from then. We had a camp last weekend which was a lot of fun.

Tyrendarra kicked off their official pre-season training last night with 21 players training and 15 apoligies, with some new guys in attendence. We will have another 10 varied sessions up to christmas incorporating fitness , ball work , triathalon , lawn bowls and golf.
Ran into a mate from Portland this morning and he said their numbers were similar,and he told me Heywood had 40 players at their training night last week , mainly guys from Portland. The ill feeling between Portland and Heywood seems to still exist it seems as my mate is high up on the board at Portland.
Any news from the other clubs?

Next training for the Darras - Wednesday November 30th Nunns beach car park Portland from 5 45 pm everbody welcome to come and have a look.

Tyrendarra kicked off their official pre-season training last night with 21 players training and 15 apoligies, with some new guys in attendence. We will have another 10 varied sessions up to christmas incorporating fitness , ball work , triathalon , lawn bowls and golf.
Ran into a mate from Portland this morning and he said their numbers were similar,and he told me Heywood had 40 players at their training night last week , mainly guys from Portland. The ill feeling between Portland and Heywood seems to still exist it seems as my mate is high up on the board at Portland.
Any news from the other clubs?

Next training for the Darras - Wednesday November 30th Nunns beach car park Portland from 5 45 pm everbody welcome to come and have a look.

Heywood 40 players at training????? LOL i guess if u times 20x2....i heard from a player they had 26 so that by 2 is 52 lol. heywood had 26 at training and 4 were only were from portland but only 2 from the PFC.
it will be a great season in the sw this year. really looking forward to seeing all clubs play. i think the sw is going to step up in the next few years!!
any news on heathmare signing joey macclaren?

Ok 26 it was then. I agree 2012 is going to be a sensational year for our SWDFNL. I am really looking forward to seeing how all clubs recruit and set themselves up for the home and away season. Have heard the Joe romour but haven,t seen anyone from Koroit to find out what chance we have of him playing in our league. I wish he had of taken the Port Fairy senior coach job instead.

yeah i heard from a good source from Heathmare that they have signed joey but i thought if that was the case it would have been in the paper by now. that's a massive signing and any club that had signed him would be bragging about it by now.. so makes me wonder if its true or not?????
how are the Darras shaping up? getting any big names into the side?
Heathmare signing on David Kennedy should be good. i hope he gets to play the whole season.... lol!! i also have been told that Ben Dunn hasn't even signed with the mares and is looking at joining Portland for the 2012?? hes not keen on the sw or going back to Heywood.
whats westerns recruiting like so far?
Heywood still have a long way to go.. everyone thinks it will be a walk over for them but i don't think so. numbers are still low but they have also started training n working hard from what i hear.
much on Dartmoor?
any pick top 5?

I CAN TELL YOU HEYWOOD DONT THINK IT WILL BE A WALK OVER.NO TUNNEL VISION HERE.LOTS OF WORK TO BE DONE BUT GOOD TO SEE ITS GOT US ALL TALKING.IT SHOULD BE ALL GOOD FOR THE S.W SO BRING IT ON I SAY,CRITICS AND ALL.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

no news on any new recurits for westerns at the moment..other then losing stevo obrien(heywood) and ruckman byran rice(working away), fare few rumours going around about a few other players that might be on the move. Ben Dunn was on the back off the observer as a signed skills coach for heathmere, surely he wouldnt have been on there if he hadnt signed..but he has trained with portland last 2 nights. Simon jones to coach dartmoor again, josh woodall and korry smith to the rebels, anyone know of there recuriting? surely be adding a few handy players id say, any news on branxholme, sandford, cavendish? be good to see those clubs recurit well to keep up with the other clubs in the league

no news on any new recurits for westerns at the moment..other then losing stevo obrien(heywood) and ruckman byran rice(working away), fare few rumours going around about a few other players that might be on the move. Ben Dunn was on the back off the observer as a signed skills coach for heathmere, surely he wouldnt have been on there if he hadnt signed..but he has trained with portland last 2 nights. Simon jones to coach dartmoor again, josh woodall and korry smith to the rebels, anyone know of there recuriting? surely be adding a few handy players id say, any news on branxholme, sandford, cavendish? be good to see those clubs recurit well to keep up with the other clubs in the league

i know for a fact dunny has not signed with hfc. he didnt want to be in the paper and dosnt know why they asked him to go in it.. anyway truth is he isnt skills coach or signed on in anyway as a player or "coach" for 2012.
no news on ur last 3 clubs mentioned in the above.....

have all clubs started pre season yet? any other top news?

anyone got any more news? before we head in to the break!, should be a intresting few months of pre season coming up, lots of rumours going around. Westerns have signed another assitant coach.. Reece Cracknell from warrnambool , very handy small foward/ midfielder

anyone got any more news? before we head in to the break!, should be a intresting few months of pre season coming up, lots of rumours going around. Westerns have signed another assitant coach.. Reece Cracknell from warrnambool , very handy small foward/ midfielder

Cracknell?? "VERY" handy small forward/midfielder... wouldn't have thought. i hope westerns arn't relying on him to bring them success....

dont know about sandford getting these casterton players.. i dont recall any good players from casterton when i watched them last year play portland... they should spend there money elsewhere.

quinny is a huge loss for the darras. i wonder if he will play there at all?? there ass coach would step up no worries for the darras but i hear there looking for another resource.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracknell?? "VERY" handy small forward/midfielder... wouldn't have thought. i hope westerns arn't relying on him to bring them success....

dont know about sandford getting these casterton players.. i dont recall any good players from casterton when i watched them last year play portland... they should spend there money elsewhere.

quinny is a huge loss for the darras. i wonder if he will play there at all?? there ass coach would step up no worries for the darras but i hear there looking for another resource.

Time will tell about cracknell

BREAKING BIG NEWS.

this will be the last year of south west football league and also for western boarder.

there was a meeting this week with SWFL committee and next year there is going to be divisions in the vic from casterton to a 2/3 hour radius covering warrnambool, hamilton, portland areas. SA sides will stay in their state and cut ties with vic WBFL and likewise for vic sides. there will be 3 divisions and netball teams may not be playing at the same locations as their football clubs..

winning sides of the divisions move up to the next DIV and bottom teams drop down to the next DIV.

we will be playing under the AFL and no longer be apart of the VCFL.

i dont believe this is a good idea for the netball teams and football teams to be playing at diff venues. id like to see the club go across to diff ovals as a CLUB and not have 4 or so diff clubs playing at one venue. its said that this matter of the arrangement is yet to be finalized but it is all a go ahead regarding the divisions for 2013. all will be finalized by the end of this season.

Tipping a sell-out game at Heywood v Tyrendarra in round 1, anyone know if the jumpers are changing at all?

jumpers stay the same. i'm pretty sure tho one team will wear different color shorts and socks. if u have a good look at the heywood jumper its got a lot of white in it so they decided they will stay the same.

heywood to win by at least 10 goals.

they were nice jumper and a good idea as well. i wonder if they will try and do the same thing again this year??
the jumper were donated by the vic police so might be hard to get it again as all the players from last year got to keep the jumpers.
see the draw is out and heywood play darras twice on a sunday. good idea i say!!

they were nice jumper and a good idea as well. i wonder if they will try and do the same thing again this year??
the jumper were donated by the vic police so might be hard to get it again as all the players from last year got to keep the jumpers.
see the draw is out and heywood play darras twice on a sunday. good idea i say!!

I also think its a good idea for the Sunday games but have any other clubs been offered the same thing? There are a number of clubs struggling within the league (two of which aren't those playing the Sunday games) and would benefit greatly from the increased gate a Sunday game would receive. Just think it would be nice for it to be offered to all.
The first round offers some great games too, with Darras V Heywood, Dartmoor v Westerns and Heathmere v Coleraine. Should be a great first round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back