South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 in's for Cavendish
9 in's for Tyrendarra

Anybody know about the recruits?
I seen O'connell is back, should be handy... Heywood coming in this year could really see the other teams in the league step up I reckon.

8 in's for Cavendish
9 in's for Tyrendarra

Anybody know about the recruits?
I seen O'connell is back, should be handy... Heywood coming in this year could really see the other teams in the league step up I reckon.

One of the outs for the Darras is Dan Andrews, huge loss for them definatley. Cavendish seemed to have a lot from near by leagues, looks like they have been working hard recruiting.

Word is one of your boys Jarryd Lewis has signed with HFNL club North Warrnambool Eagles, he joins up to 5 other very good recruits the eagles have lured for this season. After playing finals last year they are looking better again even after the retirement of dual Maskell Medallist Liam Ryan.

Word is one of your boys Jarryd Lewis has signed with HFNL club North Warrnambool Eagles, he joins up to 5 other very good recruits the eagles have lured for this season. After playing finals last year they are looking better again even after the retirement of dual Maskell Medallist Liam Ryan.

Pretty big loses if both true!
1st and 2nd in the league medal??

andrews and lewis both massive looses for there clubs! both players have been guns of the league for a number of years now, lots of team of the year and club b and fs between them, very hard to replace players of that quality

Hampden having a similar thing happen this year, league B&F winners Simon O'Keefe (gone to Panmure in WDFNL) and Liam Ryan (retired), Rhys Raymond (GFL), and half a dozen other quality players have left the league. Still plenty of talent left but always disappointing to see these players go. So should Nth Warrnambool expect good things from Jarryd Lewis?

Hampden having a similar thing happen this year, league B&F winners Simon O'Keefe (gone to Panmure in WDFNL) and Liam Ryan (retired), Rhys Raymond (GFL), and half a dozen other quality players have left the league. Still plenty of talent left but always disappointing to see these players go. So should Nth Warrnambool expect good things from Jarryd Lewis?

I have seen him tear apart a number of grand finals and finals. At his best he is hard to beat. He is only small but plenty of talent. Was part of the very good Coleraine side that one four grand finals from 07 to 10.

I have seen him tear apart a number of grand finals and finals. At his best he is hard to beat. He is only small but plenty of talent. Was part of the very good Coleraine side that one four grand finals from 07 to 10.

Sounds like a good pick up for the Eagles then! Could be a surprise packet to other sides. Look forward to seeing how he goes.

I see Jarryd Lewis' clearance has been approved. Lots of movement with clearnaces now, it seems to be really ramping up. Interesting to see Colin Deans moving from Tyrendarra to Westerns and also that Stephen O'Brien's clearance to Heywood from Westerns has been declined twice. Any movements surpirsing anyone?

alister standard and telverne ouns joining David Kennedy moving across from portland to join the meres both will be very handy players for them! the look to be recruiting well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alister standard and telverne ouns joining David Kennedy moving across from portland to join the meres both will be very handy players for them! the look to be recruiting well

Telverne is not likely to stay for the season. Word is that he is looking to move away for work. Ken Creacemare can get him work on shut downs in the area but Telverne is still keen for the big money elsewhere (WA).

Still not sure if Heathmare have the right tools to go all the way. All their recruits apart from onus seem to be a bit older and probably slowing down a bit. Only my opinion.

Would have a pretty solid midfield if Telv was to stay, both him and Peter Roberts are looking in great form and very fit.
Any news on Karl Schafer from pre-season? had a pretty good year last year and bit more fitness wouldn't hurt a bit.

Also any word from practice matches?

Would have a pretty solid midfield if Telv was to stay, both him and Peter Roberts are looking in great form and very fit.
Any news on Karl Schafer from pre-season? had a pretty good year last year and bit more fitness wouldn't hurt a bit.

i think karl hurt his knee in heathmere's first practise match a couple of weeks ago. word was it looked pretty bad.
can any heathmere people confirm this.

both great quality midfielders. especially in the sw.
not sure about karl.
as for practice matches i think heathmare had one 2 weeks ago. looked ok. not sure about other clubs tho. talk is heathmare want to have about 3 matches. going hard early.

any got picks for top 5? flag favs???

A few teams are holding practise matchs, what players are looking good and which teams are working well together.

I think the top five will be Heywood, Dartmoor, Tyrendarra, Westerns and Heathmere.

Bring on round.

Not long to go now..

Premiers: Heywood
Wooden Spooners: Sandford
League Medal: James Imbi
Biggest Improver from 11: Cavendish
Biggest Slider from 10: Branxholme
Goal Kicker: Jason Mcrae
Most expensive team: Cavendish
Most under-rated player: Peter Roberts
Most over-rated player: ??
Most loyal player in the league: ??
Toughest bloke in the league: ??
Biggest Sook in the league: ??

Well an interesting first round is nearly upon us. It seems all teams have picked up some new recruits, as well as losing some players. How good those recruits will be will come to light over the next few weeks.

So ill step out on a limb and go for a final ladder of:

Heywood
Tyrendarra
Dartmoor
Westerns
Heathmere
Cavendish
Coleraine
Branxholme
Sandford

I think it will be an extremely close season and wont be surprised if my final five is no where near it.

As for this weekend:

Cavendish vs Branxholme
Dartmoor vs Westerns
Heathmere vs Coleraine
Heywood vs Tyrendarra

Not long to go now..

Most under-rated player: Peter Roberts

Will answer the first few questions at least.

Premiers: Tyrendarra
Biggest Slider from 10: Coleraine
Most expensive team: Heywood
Most under-rated player:

League Medal: Steve O'brien and Peter Roberts
Most under-rated player: Michael Keem
Most over-rated player: Hayden Dyke
Most loyal player in the league: Jason Mcrae
Toughest bloke in the league: Simon Jones
Biggest Sook in the league: Paul Young

League Medal: Steve O'brien and Peter Roberts
Most under-rated player: Michael Keem
Most over-rated player: Hayden Dyke
Most loyal player in the league: Jason Mcrae
Toughest bloke in the league: Simon Jones
Biggest Sook in the league: Paul Young

Id agree with your most loyal and toughest, but didnt put them in myself as to not show bias.

Also Jonesy is tough but is a top bloke, ultra nice off the field.

This weekend:

Cavendish vs Branxholme by 60 pts
Dartmoor vs Westerns by 15 pts
Heathmere vs Coleraine by 24 pts
Heywood vs Tyrendarra by 8 pts

Premiers: heywood
League Medal: peter roberts/james imbi
Biggest Improver from 11: heathmere (although played finals last year new coach i think they will be more consistant)
Biggest Slider from 10: westerns
Most expensive team: Heywood
Most under-rated player: ??
Most over-rated player: charlie woodford
Most loyal player in the league: jason mcrae
Toughest bloke in the league: matt peters
Biggest Sook in the league: paul young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad