South West District Football League 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you think troy lovett will go this year shotime? :)o
I was only goin off what the other guy did, leaving out most expensive ect...
And the heywood boys were the reason i mentioned him, they all clicked so well in the aboriginal carnival in ballarat last year so i thought lennys the typre of guy that'd rise to the occasion, and play better with the better quality around him...
And yes i dont know much about the league, which is the second part of my reason for leavin the rest out...

Please be advised that due to cricket arrangements the football practice match between Tyrendarra and WDFNL side Russell,s Creek will now be played Friday night from 6pm at the Heathnere Recreation Reserve. Every one is welcome to come and have a look.

Yeah It is because my cousin plays for them and I don't much about any other team as I live in warnambool. Which recruit in the league does everyone think will have the biggest impact?

i think stephen obrien goin back to westerns will cover help cover the loss of anson while the ex heywood boys goin to south west should go well, the likes of ben dunn, brenton haby, tim holland, ash rose, matty sailor.
but only time will tell i guess if the boys can adapt to the change in game style

Westerns will be playing Natimuk in a practice match at Heywood on Saturday. Will be a good hit out for the side, but I think they will be without O'Brien who will be playing in cricket finals, and probably a couple of others.

Westerns will be playing Natimuk in a practice match at Heywood on Saturday. Will be a good hit out for the side, but I think they will be without O'Brien who will be playing in cricket finals, and probably a couple of others.

Heard from someone from Heywood that they reckon they would've got over Westerns fairly easily last week, anyone know if either side had many out?

Might try and see how they go on Saturday, how good is Natimuk?

Has the darras sighned bakshy for the season i heard he might have been coming back for the year?

Yes , we are very pleased to announce the return from Darwin of former Tyrendarra senior coach ( 2008 , 2009 ) Chris Baksh. He , along with Tim Holland and Charlie Woodford will add a new dimension to the Tyrendarra forward line. Chris coached Picola United last season , but will be a very popular and experienced addition to our team.

Great that footy is back this weekend. Any predictions about what will be match of the round? Who is everyone picking? Im goind Westerns over Sandford, Dartmoor over Cavendish, Coleraine over Branx/Wall and Tyrendarra over Heathmere.

Footy being back this week is awesome.

Ill say the match of the round, to me at least, is Coleraine against Branxholme/Wallacedale. To me it will be interesting to see how their swag of new recruits go as basically a whole new team will be running out for them on the weekend. What better way to tesst yourselves than playing the premiers first up. Should be an interesting game.

As for tips, I agree with outsider Westerns, Dartmoor, Tyrendarra (in another interesting game as both the Darras and Heathmere seemingly recruiting well) and Coleraine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiers: Tyrendarra
Wooden Spooners: Sandford
League Medal: How long is a piece of string? Can be won from anywhere.
Biggest Improver from 10: Branxholme, not winning a game to finals is huge.
Biggest Slider from 10: Coleraine
Goal Kicker: Jason Mcrae
Most expensive team: Coleraine
Most under-rated player: Michael Steel
Most over-rated player: Zac Mcdonald
Most loyal player in the league: Chris 'Lefty' Wright
Toughest bloke in the league: Dion Sandeman
Biggest Sook in the league: Christopher Huggins

I have just arrived home from the Tyrendarra FNC season launch. A brilliant night i would estimate close to 170 members for a meal , life members 2011 membership ticket presentations , netball teams introductions and football jumper presentations. To have 4 generations of family wear the same number at one club is special and a privelage to see the handing on of the number7 jumper and photo taken with David , Greg and Tim Holland and an emotional Steven Clay handing on number 43 to his son James. The amount of passion , community spirit and honour to history was terrific tonight and a great induction to our new players. Whatever happens in 2011 will be , but I am convinced Tyrendarra is and will be sustainable for many years to come. As a past player and life member of Tyrendarra I am extremely happy tonight. Who said country footy is dying.

I wish all South / West teams , coaches and players all the very best for 2011 , especially Adam Hawke at Westerns and Lenny Cooper at Branxholme / Wallacedale. Two of Tyrendarras favourite past players.

I have just arrived home from the Tyrendarra FNC season launch. A brilliant night i would estimate close to 170 members for a meal , life members 2011 membership ticket presentations , netball teams introductions and football jumper presentations. To have 4 generations of family wear the same number at one club is special and a privelage to see the handing on of the number7 jumper and photo taken with David , Greg and Tim Holland and an emotional Steven Clay handing on number 43 to his son James. The amount of passion , community spirit and honour to history was terrific tonight and a great induction to our new players. Whatever happens in 2011 will be , but I am convinced Tyrendarra is and will be sustainable for many years to come. As a past player and life member of Tyrendarra I am extremely happy tonight. Who said country footy is dying.

I wish all South / West teams , coaches and players all the very best for 2011 , especially Adam Hawke at Westerns and Lenny Cooper at Branxholme / Wallacedale. Two of Tyrendarras favourite past players.

Well country footy at some clubs is not dying. But thats great to De Iulio. I know Dartmoor had around 50 players to pick their 2 sides from so numbers seem to be strong at some of the clubs.

All the best for the weekend everyone, and hope no injuries.

Great news for the Darras, and good to hear from Darty too..

Branxholme also had atleast 15 players at training that missed out on a game, so bit of depth there too...

Interesting first round of games with the closest result being Tyrendarra's 53 point win over Heathmere.

Interesting to read the quarter by quarter scores at Coleraine. Seems Branx were well in the contest for a half, being only a kick down at halftime. The second half seems as it was one way traffic, with Maroons running out winners by 69 points. While it is a improvement on the results against Coleraine last year, I feel the Saints could be very disappointed with the end result.

At Cavendish, it was close for the first 15 minutes of the the first quarter. After that Dartmoor did it very easily. Really should of won by a bit more than they did, but cant sneeze at a 80 + point win in the opening game.

Round 2 games:

Westerns vs Heathmere
Branxholme vs Cavendish
Dartmoor vs Sandford
Tyrendarra vs Coleraine

Tyrendarra vs Coleraine must be the match of the round.

round 2 is here, how are the tipps for this week.
for me tyrendarra v colraine is the match of the round with the maroons to prove they are the team to beat again.
westerns v heathmere will be interesting with the meres having a hard first up game last week while the roos eased into the season last week, im predicting a draw,
branxholme v cavendish should see the saints break the drough and get win on the board,
dartmoor v sanford will be a 1 sided affair 100+ point win

coleraine vs tyrendarra 12pts, will show they are the team to beat
branxholme vs cavendish 28pts, saints to pull it together and get the win
dartmoor vs sandford 110pts, huge win here, Jase Mcrae to kick 10-15
westerns vs heathmere 18pts, don't think meres will have hit they're straps yet

Westerns
Branxholme
Dartmoor
In the match of the round I am going to go with Tyrendarra, simply because its at Tyrendarra.

Sorry for any inconveniance for the lateness of the results of the Tyrendarra V Coleraine games today on the sporting pulse website , my laptop was playing up , they should be updated now.

Seniors Tyrendarra 13 13 91 def Coleraine 5 4 34

Reserves Tyrendarra 11 18 84 def Coleraine 2 1 13

Sorry for any inconveniance for the lateness of the results of the Tyrendarra V Coleraine games today on the sporting pulse website , my laptop was playing up , they should be updated now.

Seniors Tyrendarra 13 13 91 def Coleraine 5 4 34

Reserves Tyrendarra 11 18 84 def Coleraine 2 1 13

massive shock when i heard the result of the game, how close to fulll strength was colraine?
and did tyrendarra have any changes from last weeks team against heathmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back