Universal Love #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

'23 GF. Last centre bounce for the game. 42 seconds in the video. A 36yo Pendles sets up the centre bounce and gets the kick out to our forward line. Thank you for our 16th flag.

Last edited:
Recency bias but GF 2023, last quarter. Not only an amazing playing quarter in and of itself offensively and defensively but on rewatch and with post game insights we find out he was directing our entire play and structure including deciding who gets to be in THAT legendary centre square battle, and our late defensive plans to hold the score.

Thanks for the flag Scott.

2 goals in Q1 of the 2010 prelim.
The entire 4th quarter of the 2023 GF.
The entire 2010 GF replay performance.
Countless ANZAC day performances.

I’m the same age as Scott, so I’ve always found some weird connection to that draft class. Watching him carve packs open and hit our forwards lace out has been an absolute privilege. Surely no player has ever drawn as many audible gasps or “ohhhs” from the crowd?

The 🐐 of our club.

Recency bias but GF 2023, last quarter. Not only an amazing playing quarter in and of itself offensively and defensively but on rewatch and with post game insights we find out he was directing our entire play and structure including deciding who gets to be in THAT legendary centre square battle, and our late defensive plans to hold the score.

Thanks for the flag Scott.

I keep coming back to this - he was by far the oldest player on the ground on a 30 degree day and in the last quarter he taught them all a lesson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should all be so proud of him. Played more quality games than anyone in history. Plays the game as it should be.

Sold more candy than Willy Wonka and rocked the dreds as good as Marley. Has a wand as devastating as Dirk Diggler and the magical touch of Gandalf in a hobbit three way.

I’m all in for SP400

I'm at the very end of my 20s. Growing up I had the privledge of watching so many of my heroes in Roger Federer, Sachin Tendulkar, Michael Schumacher, Lionel Messi, Nathan Buckley and of course Dane Swan. I guess Scott Pendlebury is my last boyhood hero. In the backyard I'd pretend to be all of them, all I wanted was to be like them.

Thank you sir for your conbtribution to our great club and all the happiness you have given me over the years.

Below is one of my favourite clips of Pendlebury. The commentry by Bruce sums him up: "Pendlebury created his own space. Moved by standing still".

2015_Copeland_Contenders_Pendlebury_and_Williams.gif

I have probably enjoyed Pendles last 3 years more then the entire career.

Just watching him do what he does at this age its just awesome.

I think he breaks the game record.

His last quarter in the 2023 Grand Final will go down in legend. And that was after kicking the clutch goal we needed in the 3rd.

View attachment 2061745

I was thinking the 11 disposal last quarter in the'23 GF. Unbelievable what Pendles did in that quarter. It showed how badly he wanted to win that Premiership.
Also he set up the play in our midfield at that crucial play that saw DeGoey kick that clutch goal after the handball from Naicos.
Absolute legend of our club and the game. As Andrew Dillon even said in his congratulations to Pendles..

The 400-club in our game requires an incredible love of footy and Scott will sit easily among the greatest we have seen.

Pendles will definitely sit amongst the greatest players we have ever seen. Been a wonderful career, and well deserved congratulations and love will come all this week for our champion.
He has been my favourite player of all time at Collingwood, and l cannot wait to be there Saturday night with my son and watch an incredible achievement from a great of the game be celebrated....🏆🖤🤍🖤🤍🏆👏👏

Last edited:
Hoo boy where do I start.

Maybe here…

This is my favourite with the basketball steal on Paul Williams a close second

So tempted to buy the $1350 Framed commemorative piece the Club just announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Back