Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Only at St.Kilda does a process to appoint a new coach mean nothing at all and isn't Ross the Boss happy about that? He's the new coach and I hope they're only paying him approximately 300k. I doubt it of course, his ego has gone into bat for him and he will probably get double that or something more extraordinary money-wise to coach an ordinary list and ultimately achieve an ordinary result.
You can't help thinking this has been in the works ever since the St.Kilda review was announced, they are pretty dim down there, the non vibe call by Lyon at Essendon was a complete furphy. He knows the Saints are a rabble and poorly administrated, they have no processes with anything, he can walk in and do what he likes now...

While not near the levels it may have been if Essendon had allowed hird back. The Saints are nearly there by letting this bloke back after what he did to them first time around. Embarrassing.
You think leaving the club for a better opportunity is at all comparable to the ordeal that went on under Hird? Actual "bringing the game into disrepute" stuff compared to Ross burning bridges on his way out? C'mon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think leaving the club for a better opportunity is at all comparable to the ordeal that went on under Hird? Actual "bringing the game into disrepute" stuff compared to Ross burning bridges on his way out? C'mon.
Did you mis-read my post ? FFS.
blind GIF

Saints fans
Does not following a process in signing Lyon bother you?
They knew who they wanted.

Processes are for when you don't know who you want.

The process in this case was sounding him out, ensuring that the values align, finding agreement over terms.

I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:
Pedantic 1
Me 0.
So I'm a pedant because you typed the literal opposite of what you intended to say? If you want someone to understand your point of view, take a moment to make sure you're not expressing the complete opposite of it.

Anyway, it's still weird to even bring Hird up, especially if you agree that his departure isn't even the same ballpark as Lyon's.

Ross always coaches minnow teams and raises their profile.

Might be history repeating but I’m excited to see him back at the helm.

The Saints backline looks like the exact combination of dour, dependable footballers Ross loves.

He’d be giddy seeing so many average footballers he can mould to play his way.

Saints fans
Does not following a process in signing Lyon bother you?
no, It appears from the outset they had him in mind, I do hope they've asked the right questions about his desire to coach and how he sees the current game, what things he's learned and would implement, we know Ross can coach, not many ex-players say bad things about him. It's just how you fit Ross into your club and the structure you place around him.

We all bang on about the process, but it's not unusual to headhunt guys with proven records in the business world and I think that's the path they took here. The presser was pretty pointed about they knew what they wanted in a coach so it's not as if they haven't had a process to determine those factors. It's also pretty clear they wanted experience.

The process everyone wants is to judge Ross against untried assistants on the same level. Ross has over 10 years of senior experience, do your homework, and talk to Ross when you're seriously interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast St Kilda in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back