Remove this Banner Ad

Tippaz

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
anyone considering starting him? :confused:

Joel Selwood only scored 20pts in rd1 last year. (i think)
but i haven't got a lot of confidence in starting Dyson at the moment.

he's been named on the wing. reckon he'll get some possies ???

Yep, but I'm still not sure.

I have to choose two of Bird, Geary, Palmer and Tuck.

The fact that he's been named on the wing gives me a bit of confidence.

i'm in a similar stiuation, can either start dyson, palmer or bird.

considering what dyson and bird pulled out.....

not sure to let dyson proove himself once more (no chance of bird starting for me) or i can put palmer in my starting 22. I'm leaning towards dyson, don't know why considering they are playing geelong, but if anyone can change my mind, i will be willing to listen...

i've got Geary. left him in the reserves last week. (started Bird instead :mad:)
definately starting him this week.

i think i'll give Dyson 1 more chance, and make Palmer 1st sub.
Craig Bird needs to harden the **** up in the ressies this week.

Get on him.:thumbsu:

Freo will need the legs to run with the young Hawks. The Carr bros and Bell etc will run out of puff long before Hodge, Mitchell etc.

Palmer and Ibbotson will get a fair bit of game time IMO.

I will be starting Dyson this week, I picked him for a reason and i see no reason why i would change my mind on that.

He could get dominated and it could blow up in my face but im not willing to risk Palmer or Bird at this stage, and there is no way im wastering a trade

Last two spots in my midfield are currently taken by Dyson and Tuck. Ive got Morton and Palmer on the pine though - thinking of swapping Tuck out for Palmer. Good idea?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last two spots in my midfield are currently taken by Dyson and Tuck. Ive got Morton and Palmer on the pine though - thinking of swapping Tuck out for Palmer. Good idea?

Funny you say that, I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing Palmer in for Tuck.

Have Tuck, Palmer, Geary and Bird to fill my last two mid spots. Leaning toward Geary and Palmer atm.

im in same boat.

Dyson, Masten or Palmer to start

you have to take in mind who they are playing where "they" are playing and what the outcome will likely to be. so i am actually leaning towards Palmer as my last option on the ground for me as he is an outside running player that the docers need and the game being played at subi will help palmer aswel.

im in same boat.

Dyson, Masten or Palmer to start

you have to take in mind who they are playing where "they" are playing and what the outcome will likely to be. so i am actually leaning towards Palmer as my last option on the ground for me as he is an outside running player that the docers need and the game being played at subi will help palmer aswel.

To late, times up.

Glad I did (start Palmer, that is). Looked right at home. That last goal was all class. Should play a heap this year. Ibbo and Mayne not as convincing.

Glad I did (start Palmer, that is). Looked right at home. That last goal was all class. Should play a heap this year. Ibbo and Mayne not as convincing.

Palmer and Mayne were the only bright things to come out of tonights games for me. Ibbo will be a good player also once he gets the hang of the speed in the AFL, just a little slow to get rid of it.

Palmer and Mayne were the only bright things to come out of tonights games for me. Ibbo will be a good player also once he gets the hang of the speed in the AFL, just a little slow to get rid of it.

Mayne looked very good.

Started Palmer this week and happy of course...but the real story is that he's a classic example of watching the preseason games simply to pick the newbies and pick up on who might have niggles. He was an absolute standout preseason. Rioli and Geary were too.

Not all will maintain their spots but Palmer now looks like a season lock due to 2 losses and underperforming list fossils. Exactly the same may happen at Sydney this yr.

Preseason form in mid tier or 3rd/4th yr guys is often just irrelevant and can simply reflect EFFORT to get a starting slot....eg Dyson. Preseason form amongst established guns is often just plain irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

start Palmer rd2 ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back