State of umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Simply we should have only 2 field umpires. Half the ground each. Field umpires to stay on the corridoor side of play.
Would cut the umpires in half, and we get the best 25 umpires available employed full-time. This would create consistency in decision making.
We also now have Video review, and an ear-piece to the Video ref to assist in all scoring decisions.

Karma Karmas A Bitch GIF by MOODMAN

They stole 4 points from us, they had 4 points robbed from them. Now they know how it feels.

However, last nights one, there is an argument the player was trying to pull up his momentum to stop. Where by against Baily they kept charging at him.

Have a spell Mcfly

They stole 4 points from us, they had 4 points robbed from them. Now they know how it feels.

However, last nights one, there is an argument the player was trying to pull up his momentum to stop. Where by against Baily they kept charging at him.

Have a spell Mcfly

Nup.

I reckon he takes 2-3 steps past stopping

Yeah it’s hilarious that McRae is sooking it up over a 50 when we got shafted against them and he said nothing.
Funny thing is, on many occasions the umpires can be heard on the broadcast calling out, “back two metres” or similarly before they set the mark or call, “stand” so I really can’t agree that a 50 was missed last night. I would expect it to be 50 if McCartin had refused to comply though. What was a missed 50 was when Cox was jumping up and down while the heyena was lining up for a set shot. We’ve seen 50s paid when players lift one foot many times in the past.

McRae can sook it up all he bloody wants although I anticipate his rant will cost him at least $10k plus another $10k suspended.

That’s if the afl are half serious .

Or $20k plus $20k if they are genuinely serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing is, on many occasions the umpires can be heard on the broadcast calling out, “back two metres” or similarly before they set the mark or call, “stand” so I really can’t agree that a 50 was missed last night. I would expect it to be 50 if McCartin had refused to comply though. What was a missed 50 was when Cox was jumping up and down while the heyena was lining up for a set shot. We’ve seen 50s paid when players lift one foot many times in the past.

McRae can sook it up all he bloody wants although I anticipate his rant will cost him at least $10k plus another $10k suspended.

That’s if the afl are half serious .

Or $20k plus $20k if they are genuinely serious.

And a Geelong player did that vs us recently if I’m not misremembering and it was t given fifty

8-1, the return of dean margetts.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing

They got a goal after Comben had a clear mark that wasn’t paid and they got away with an obvious holding the ball at the end for Allen’s goal with a minute and a half to go.

At least one of those umps was a Wet Toast fanboy, just like Margetts

Yep, I was thinking the same thing

They got a goal after Comben had a clear mark that wasn’t paid and they got away with an obvious holding the ball at the end for Allen’s goal with a minute and a half to go.

At least one of those umps was a Wet Toast fanboy, just like Margetts
If you ask wet toast supporters they believe we got the rub of the green. That comben mark is up there with some of the shit decisions this season. Decisions that cost goals at pivotal moments of the game are the ones the infuriate the largest stake holders in the game.

Disgusting umpiring.
I can't understand how the poor standard of umpiring is able to continue. The AFL knows how bad it is - they attempted to address it by running out four field umpires and by changing interpretation of rules mid-season, along with the almost annual set of new rules and tweaks, all of which have caused the issue to worsen.

The sport is ruled by television rights, the grab for ratings (and therefore, advertising) and gambling.

In my opinion, the government should ban gambling on any aspect of AFL immediately and retain the ban until the officiation of the game is resolved (better yet, permanently ban it). If reinstated, any match result closer than 19.5 points is to be reviewed by truly independent stewards and all bets cancelled if two or more incorrect umpiring decisions are identified.

That would force a clean up immediately.

If you ask wet toast supporters they believe we got the rub of the green. That comben mark is up there with some of the shit decisions this season. Decisions that cost goals at pivotal moments of the game are the ones the infuriate the largest stake holders in the game.
It was a clear mark. he had control of it when he hit Corr. Should have been paid, would have been up there for Mark of the Week too.

They need to fix the ruck situation.

I watched 3 games yesterday and in everyone there were free kicks paid that I still have no idea what for.

The commentators don’t even bother discussing either because they have NFI as well.
Yes it’s a contested ball up by two designated players, the fact it’s contested implies explicitly that there will be a contest. Therefore two blokes going at each other in order to win first contact with the ball. It should be the default position that unless the foul is so egregious as to draw blood or incapacitate the other it should be play on on all circumstances

Remove this Banner Ad

State of umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back