Injury Steve Johnson - dislocated kneecap

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to rub Buddy Franklin blood on the knee and have him sleep in a coffin filled with Transylvanian soil to regenerate him for Saturday... But clinically stable is the best outcome expected.

Bugga Buddy's blood what we need is a lil bit of Max Rookes manimal blood injected into the effected area

Very good news... hopefully he comes good.

Losing both Menzel and StevieJ in consecutive matches would be just too much to bear. :(

i know right, i thought SJ did his ACL!! Was so worried when the commentators thought that but after a while he was walking back into the game was such a relief!!

i know right, i thought SJ did his ACL!! Was so worried when the commentators thought that but after a while he was walking back into the game was such a relief!!
Liking your posts V., honest and entertaining.

Oh, definitely! When he went down, I felt absolutely ill; Mum was listening to the radio and I kept asking her every few minutes whether they had any news. Then seeing him walking around the boundary and hearing the cheers go up was brilliant.

He looked pretty pleased with himself in the brief interview outside KP....seemed to be confident and although a slight limp was walking unassisted! Still, it will count for absolutely nothing unless he can actually get up for the GF.....am more and more confident now he has been cleared of structural damage.

yeah stevie j normally walks/runs like he has ankle cuffs on.

HE IS PLAYING!

100%.

Only thing that would stop him is pain. And if it is too painful they'll just jab him.

:thumbsu:

What a nightmare situation, tough week for selectors. If he is hobbled to a major degree, I would play Milburn, Collingwood are a strong rebounding team. We have a solid replacement so need to play an injured player.

If he can play close to 100%, it will obviously be a huge boost, he has been outstanding this year in my view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my only issue is that johnno doesnt have a great record playing when injured. i hope he gets up, but if he's in pain then maybe it would be better to have milburn in the side and play duncan as a forward. would be horrible to see stevie miss, but if he cant do what he needs to then we need a fit guy in, and we have back ups who are more than capable ready to come in.

Good points mate, Stevie has a shithouse record with injury, infact we have a poor record as a club with playing some guys in the big one (aside from Chapman 09' may i add!).

Stevie J needs to make the right call by his team, and only he will be able to do that. We have players in reserve who are more than capable...and infact Milburn could even give us a bit of extra steel. If SJ is good to go though and he can move without restriction than of course this would be preferable.

You'd think after the 09 grand final Stevie J would be hesitant to go in injured again. If he can play sore, fine. But if he can only go 70% I think he has to pull out. I'd rather a fired up and desperate Milburn at 100%.

Re: Steve Johnson: Play or Not Play?

Get the feeling he won't play, just Mooney and others coming out and saying its 50-50, plus he looked a bit downbeat coming in for his first fitness test yesterday.

Will find out more after the parade where the coaches and players will be interviewed.

Unfortunately I don't think he will. It'd be risky to put him on in case of re-injury, and we wouldn't want to use our sub early in the game

Considering the quality of his likely replacement, they have plenty of reason to err on the side of caution. Having said that, if he gets through the fitness test(s) unscathed, you've got to back him in. I hope they destroy him; we can not have him breaking down in the game.

gullanHeraldSun Scott Gullan
Stevie j gets through training plus extra competitive drills v t hunt...light bandage on knee #miraclecomeback
38 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

That sounds positive at least. See how he pulls up cold in the morning tomorrow though.
I have been thinking he wouldnt get up all week, but now i think he is at least a real chance.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Steve Johnson - dislocated kneecap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back