Steve Rode delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Grendel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Spanish Announcers table
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Guess its not a great suprise, but im still not sure it was the right thing to do. Rode never really looked 'hungry' enough to want league footy, but he did move well and had good skills for a guy his size. Well i guess Salmons faith in BOF has saved him from the chop and we will go in with Rehn BOF Loats and Thommo. I guess thats enough ruckmen but still im having nagging doubts this may come back at us one day.....

hmmmmmm ....I see you have comfy chairs in here too...
biggrin.gif
....... don't mind me.... I won't make a sound.

Sorry Grendel....... but I smell a possible key position prospect here...... and despite our OVERFLOWING stocks of talls at the doggies, i'm sure we could possibly manage to squeeze another one in.
smile.gif

And you have enough!!! Greedy Hawks.... best spine in the league.......SHARE!!!!
wink.gif

Seriously. I know he's a ruckman but could he play as.......... let's hypothetically say....a..... CHB??

Thanks

Grendel,
As I don't see all the games what happened to Rode last year? Early he was right around th eteam & got that 1 run (10 minutes if he was lucky) but by the end of the season he was I am told in Box Hill reserves.
Do you think he might of been a chance as a key defender & do you reckon he has a chance of being redrafted as a rookie.
Goatmaster

Westy, GM i personally think Rode could make a very handy CHF/B or Ruck. As said before good skills and agile for a bloke his size. Will be very suprised if a) another club doesnt draft him or at least b) he isnt placed on a rookie list, either with us or another club.

GM he had some injury problems last year (cant remember if it was a shoulder or shin splints) and just didnt play many games. This year started of like a bomb at BHH and then after his single game against Port just sort of drifted out of form when sent back down to the VFL. Again his desire has been mentioned in the past as that he doesnt have enough of it. If so then he is wasting what i think could be a very promising career.

He was a great guy but he never really looked like wanting to play whenever i saw him play for boxhill.
I reckon that this is BOF's last chance and i heard that he was told that he was no longer required but they couldn't find a trade for him. Is that true?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back