News Stevie J to Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be like when Dennis Rodman joined the Chicago Bulls to play Alongside Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. Rodman was hated by the Bulls due to being an Ex Detroit player. It worked out well in the end.

Pls dont ever disrespect the wild thang D-Rod by comparing him to trash.

its funny how things have shifted a bit. it was all about drafting but now its more about trading. A 3rd of both gf teams were traded for I think. maybe not eags but definitely hawks.

Yeah, only way I can see this as a good move is if it includes an assistant coaching gig after he retires (assuming he appears worthwhile as a coach). To get him just as a player for 1, maybe 2 years at most seems counter-productive.

Stevie j inclusion is to cover for mayne defficiency in front of goal, as well as flexibility to manage regular player when injured or suspension.

Last edited:
Sure. But he'll be taking games off Weller and Blakely, and you know how that went this year (at least in BF).

Unless...
we are trading them to get McCarthy :O
I see Johnson taking the place of Mayne/Crozier/Ballantyne etc

Not so much as a midfielder.

I think Mayne needs to be replaced. Would Stevie J do better - yes I am sure he would. Ballantyne is a gun but needs to focus on getting the ball instead of the niggly stuff. Persevere with Crozier and play Taberner on a consistent basis. Big forwards take a lot longer to develop so patience is needed. McCarthy would be a very good pickup.

Yeah, he should replace Mayne or whoever is the negating forward we usually play. Adds genius in front of goal and can spell around the ball for a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can fill a goal kicking role, say 15 games for 25-30 goals and we would get him for nothing so if it went pear shaped no biggie, my only question is would he fit into the defensive sphere of our game. Never been a big chaser or tackler

Pls dont ever disrespect the wild thang D-Rod by comparing him to trash.
1st off I went and saw him when he came to Adelaide, of all places. Yes he mentioned his party lifestyle and relationships with Madonna and Carmen Elektra. Plus I read his book. The Point is Stevie J could fit in Freos forward line despite his Rift with Ballantyne. For the record, Ben Cousins has got nothing on D-Rod. Rodman never took street drugs only Alcohol just like Fev.

1st off I went and saw him when he came to Adelaide, of all places. Yes he mentioned his party lifestyle and relationships with Madonna and Carmen Elektra. Plus I read his book. The Point is Stevie J could fit in Freos forward line despite his Rift with Ballantyne. For the record, Ben Cousins has got nothing on D-Rod. Rodman never took street drugs only Alcohol just like Fev.
Are you saying you've never gone on a bender and woken up the next morning besties with King Jong Un?

I can't believe some of you would look forward to this.
What the hell could we possibly gain from adding another slow old has-been to the mix?

Two goals extra a year? Stevie kicked 30 this year. Mayne 28. Since 2011, Mayne has kicked 142 and Stevie J 139 - 50 of which were scored in one season (2011). He is not a better goalkicker. Hasn't been for years. Are none of you capable of looking past the media hype to see the numbers?

Mayne is 27 and Johnson is 32. Mayne adds defensive pressure, Stevie adds... mind fades, free kicks against (as if we need any more) and possible suspensions, not to mention just one more reason for the umps to hate us.
So tell me. What is the upside, other than a media driven hero worship of someone who has been very average for a few years now?

And we certainly DO NOT need another midfielder.
On one hand, you're saying we don't give the kids a go. Then you start salivating at the thought of Stevie J replacing Mayne or Ballantyne, or playing in the middle, which means yet another go around in the WAFL for some of the draftees you've all been clamoring to see.
Make up your bloody minds.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Prelim loss mess with your heads?

I can't believe some of you would look forward to this.
What the hell could we possibly gain from adding another slow old has-been to the mix?

Two goals extra a year? Stevie kicked 30 this year. Mayne 28. Since 2011, Mayne has kicked 142 and Stevie J 139 - 50 of which were scored in one season (2011). He is not a better goalkicker. Hasn't been for years. Are none of you capable of looking past the media hype to see the numbers?

Mayne is 27 and Johnson is 32. Mayne adds defensive pressure, Stevie adds... mind fades, free kicks against (as if we need any more) and possible suspensions, not to mention just one more reason for the umps to hate us.
So tell me. What is the upside, other than a media driven hero worship of someone who has been very average for a few years now?

And we certainly DO NOT need another midfielder.
On one hand, you're saying we don't give the kids a go. Then you start salivating at the thought of Stevie J replacing Mayne or Ballantyne, or playing in the middle, which means yet another go around in the WAFL for some of the draftees you've all been clamoring to see.
Make up your bloody minds.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Prelim loss mess with your heads?

AGREEEEEEEEE!!! Id rather play a kid tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

News Stevie J to Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back