Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
We're back at Metricon!

We should have these guys ready to come in I think:

Lynch, Day, Joyce, Martin.

Other guys to come into consideration could be Fiorini and KK.

I'm really looking forward to having Martin, Lynch and Day in the same forward line. Could we see Cal Ah Chee move to the forward line too given that Joyce is back? It will be nice to have such a stronger team!

Peter Wright has to come back. Lynch is better when Wright plays and it will take pressure off Day. He should have played in China, but the selection panel did what they did there for reasons unknown. For the same reason, Brodie needs to play as well. It would be a double punishment for them to miss that game, not have another game this week and then say they are underdone. Nutting isn't far off either. But not Schoenfeld, Fiorini or KK. Lemmens was really good against Geelong in the JLT, but its a long shot.

Peter Wright has to come back. Lynch is better when Wright plays and it will take pressure off Day. He should have played in China, but the selection panel did what they did there for reasons unknown.
Weird isn't it
Dew spent a lot of time wondering whether to play May forward or on Gray and spent a lot of time discussing it in the media
The obvious solution to the average supporter was to play 2MP

Weird isn't it
Dew spent a lot of time wondering whether to play May forward or on Gray and spent a lot of time discussing it in the media
The obvious solution to the average supporter was to play 2MP
Not selecting Wright meant there was no viable forward target, with essentially our 4 first choice forwards out. Personally, my preseason best 6 forwards were Lynch, Day, Wright, Martin, Ah Chee, Lemmens and we haven't seen close to that in 9 games.
With Young and Sexton rotating, you can play Martin and Ah Chee through the middle, switch Wright into the ruck and send Day back if the balance isn't there. We need marking talls because every game we get flogged in contested marking and marks overall.

My only guess is that 2MP flew in case of catastrophic circumstance like Crossley and/or Witts not being able to play.

Dew said he still wasn't ready, and with no game this week he likely still won't be ready for Geelong. If he had stayed and played he could be ready for all we know. Sucks all round.

Fingers crossed Scheer comes out and Brodie in, but again with no 2s game this weekend it's hard to play him.

I think Scheer and Brodie are similar player types and hopefully they'll both transition to full-time 150+ players for us
I think Scheer has been given an opportunity on the road and done okay
I expect Brodie will get his opportunity back end of the season when we are hopefully more consistent and a player like him can be introduced with less expectations

Taking not in form Wright to China and not playing him was crazy. Why to risk his calf on a long trip? According to Dew Wright was not ready so why not to build his form in a NEAFL game instead? Now it looks like Wright will still have to play several NEAFL games. Small chance Lemmens could go straight in. I think Heron did pretty well as a pressure forward and I expect him to play against Cats.

We're back at Metricon!

We should have these guys ready to come in I think:

Lynch, Day, Joyce, Martin.

Other guys to come into consideration could be Fiorini and KK.

I'm really looking forward to having Martin, Lynch and Day in the same forward line. Could we see Cal Ah Chee move to the forward line too given that Joyce is back? It will be nice to have such a stronger team!
I can see KK spending significant time in NEAFL to build his form and confidence.

Taking not in form Wright to China and not playing him was crazy. Why to risk his calf on a long trip? According to Dew Wright was not ready so why not to build his form in a NEAFL game instead? Now it looks like Wright will still have to play several NEAFL games. Small chance Lemmens could go straight in. I think Heron did pretty well as a pressure forward and I expect him to play against Cats.
Who says Wright is out of form? He played in an undermanned side that got a drubbing and still got himself 20 possessions against a quality side with 19 AFL listed players. Played his way into the 26 and should have been the one to replace Martin, you know, the guy named at Full Forward! Wright is a star and they were over cautious to make him come back through the NEAFL. Dew needs to stop giving tidbits to the media and consider the player he's got. Sending Wright to fester in the twos will just teach him bad habits do little to prepare him for the role he's expected to play. The only place he can hope to improve is in the AFL side, where he belongs, with 21 other blokes who want to win games and have been mostly starved of a tall forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright has played 1 1/2 games of football in 12 weeks cannot expect him to come straight in and have immediate impact.
Full game rucking in the reserves better long term option,needs touch and fitness.
No way will Lemmens come straight in ,has played no meaningful football this season.
Players need form and touch before play seniors.
With a number of players possibly being available got to be careful not to
play too many under done.
We need to hit Geelong with a fully fit team no passengers.

Some good arguments both for and against the selection of Wright. I am in favour of playing him.

- He may not have a huge impact but someone as tall as him has to be given respect and it will take alot of heat off Lynch. Look at Oscar Mcwhatever at the Lions. Not kicking heaps of goals, but provided a great target and taking the heat off Hipwood.
- He naturally has a pretty good tank.
- He will compete harder than Day who winces at the thought of someone making contact with him in the air.

- Sam Day, I have always liked him more when he is chopping out in the ruck, he has a really good handball on him in close and is not bad at tackling. Could he play wing? he has run down Boomer after all...

I think Ah Chee needs to go up forward. If he stays down back he needs to play without a direct opponent. Port was tricky for us as they have good small forwards.

I just hope Ah Chee goes forward. He seems lost ATM. Joyce looks the clear replacement down back. agree on Brodie for Scheer probably time up for Crossley as well with lynch and day back. I’d play Wright in the NEAFL then bring him in the week after probably for day unless he smashes it.
So Brodie to play in the wing rotation....?

I mean the only way I see Brodie playing is for another younger player. Scheer probably the closest to him and I would like to see all the young guys rotated through. Ideally someone like Sexton plays more wing then Brodie in the middle maybe rotating forward with Ainsworth.

If changes need to be made, look at Ballard, Crossley, Sexton, Ah Chee, Bowes, Rosa, Young and possibly Heron before you'd even think about dumping Scheer. Az and Cal had 22 clangers between them, while Scheer's 3 clearances matched the total of all the guys I mentioned. Stats matter, but I'd like to see Scheer's pressure and defensive play measured properly, which is really something he's improved out of sight this season. I could continue to be critical of him as in other posts, but question those who assume Brodie is a direct swap because much as they confused commentators last year in the NEAFL, they are different player types and not necessarily interchangeable. Brodie should come in, but as a bench player to complement the core players rather than replace an existing one.

I mean the only way I see Brodie playing is for another younger player. Scheer probably the closest to him and I would like to see all the young guys rotated through. Ideally someone like Sexton plays more wing then Brodie in the middle maybe rotating forward with Ainsworth.
It’s scary to think that both Scheer and Brodie are the same player yet we aren’t picking Scheer over him. Not sure what Brodie is doing wrong

Dew needs to stop giving tidbits to the media and consider the player he's got. Sending Wright to fester in the twos will just teach him bad habits do little to prepare him for the role he's expected to play. The only place he can hope to improve is in the AFL side, where he belongs, with 21 other blokes who want to win games and have been mostly starved of a tall forward line.

Double thumbs up
You play him in NEAFL another 2 weeks he's still going to take 4 weeks to find his feet back at senior level anyway

Double thumbs up
You play him in NEAFL another 2 weeks he's still going to take 4 weeks to find his feet back at senior level anyway
If Lynch is unavailable happy to play Wright (who I do value highly) but if Lynch plays difficult to play Wright Lynch and Day
in same side when all have missed significant time on the sidelines.
Perfect example is Josh Kennedy WC is a star but has struggled after early pre season injury and he is playing in the best team.
I know we are pretty desperate but to me this a big risk 3 talls either struggling for form or fitness.Two definitely three not for me
at the moment.
Just my opinion .

In Lynch , Wright , Day , Martin , Fiorini , Joyce
Out- Crossley , Leslie , Ballard , Sheer , Rosa , Bowes

That team should make us competitive against the Cats , Heron to be given another game or Two , Sammy can be a swing man forward and back , Joyce to come back for that important back pocket role , Callum seemed to struggle with it last week , all the young boys getting dropped are going to be players but we have to many under 21s in the team atm to be competitive.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting last night on Fox Whateley and Robbo talking about how Gaz looks to be done and his lack of effectiveness, playing safe and injury issues
I wouldn't count GAZ out ever BUT sure looks like Geelong got sold a pup

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy SUNS V Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back