Resource Supercoach & Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

I only really play Supercoach myself, but I'd say the MFC have a few options that are worth considering - unlike previous years.

At this early stage, these are the players I think are worthy of consideration at least;

Defenders
Lumumba ($417,000) - not many defensive options in SC this year and 'H' could spend plenty of time in our midfield.
Grimes ($398,000) - could go either way, but with limited defensive options Grimes could tempt at sub 400k.

Mids

N Jones ($581,200) - could some help in the middle and a rise up the ladder increase his output to elite?
Tyson ($506,200) - everyones favourite breakout player last year and could step up again at this price.
Viney ($399,600) - gaining the tank and size to lift this year, and could tempt at sub 400k.
Brayshaw ($212,300) - ready to go high draft pick who will play games.
Newton ($215,000) - mature aged recruit who Port were keen to retain, one to watch during NAB.
Vandenburg(r) - mature age recruit and SC scoring machine in the EANFL, one to watch for rookie promotion.

Rucks
Gawn ($339,800) - injury risk, but ready to take the number 1 ruck role and good for a mark and goal. Also comes as a forward - tempting price indeed.

Forwards
Hogan (130,400) - could be in more sides than Gary Jnr this year. The only LOCK on the Dees list.
Salem ($185,000) - a season in, and with his tackling and disposal efficiency will surely deliver at this price if he gets a regular spot.
JKH ($235,700) - showed a lot in year 1, and has impressed with his increased running in the preseason. Could be ready for a midfield role.
Petracca ($217,300) - big arsed beast of a high draft pick who takes marks, kicks goals and gets plenty of contested footy through the middle.

Just a few:

Ben Newton - Been training solidly and would be pretty confident he would be starting 22

Brayshaw & Petracca - Would be wary of these two straight away due to price and also it seems as though they are going to be eased in after a hard pre-season.

Gawn: Could be a point of difference however the constant concern is injuries. Might on the cusp of a breakout year if he stays healthy.

Aiden Riley: Tempting price but teetering on the best 22.

Alex Neal-Bullen: Injured his knee last week (dislocation) would be doubtful for round 1

Vandenburg: Been training well. Very tempting considering price and his piggish tendencies in the NEAFL last year. 50/50 for round 1 as he is also a rookie.

Grimes: Broke his nose last week but fine. Tempting price but injuries always a concern.

Salem: Potential bargain, however not guaranteed 22 games.

Hogan: Still being managed, may not be ready by round 1.

I've got Vince. And IDGAF. 'Weekend At Bernies' just isn't 'Weekend At Bernies' without the great man. (and let's not forget when he scored something crazy like 180 against the Kangas last year. :p - Yep, I was on that. hahaha!)

I've locked in Newton and Hogan so far, my team is looking good if it all comes off - there are a lot of bargains out there this year (mainly due to last years injuries).

Same as above. Hogan and Newton are in with Vanders a strong consideration.

Salem might be worth a look in at $185K. Not as awkwardly priced as Toump who I wanted but can't justify at that price.

quick question,

How is dean terlich travelling, he seems like a ball magnet in the defence.
Pretty big roughy, but in his first year he averaged 80, I see no reason he cant improve on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quick question,

How is dean terlich travelling, he seems like a ball magnet in the defence.
Pretty big roughy, but in his first year he averaged 80, I see no reason he cant improve on that.

He had a nice first season, but tapered off last year.

I'd say there are huge job security issues for Terlich so I wouldn't risk him. Simply, he's not even close to best 22 at the moment.

is mitch white any chance of being promoted??

got a good write up in the prospectus REALLY need him to be promoted and score good if possible

is mitch white any chance of being promoted??

got a good write up in the prospectus REALLY need him to be promoted and score good if possible
Competing with Vanerberg it seems. Needs to get a game too...

My feel on Melbourne's RL players is that it will take an amazing NAB for them to get a chance. Back line is a selection headache, forward line is obvious in picking itself and midfield sees them behind the eight ball. Don't think they are a rd1 option.

Competing with Vanerberg it seems. Needs to get a game too...

My feel on Melbourne's RL players is that it will take an amazing NAB for them to get a chance. Back line is a selection headache, forward line is obvious in picking itself and midfield sees them behind the eight ball. Don't think they are a rd1 option.

Don't forget James Harmes played some pretty good footy at Casey last year, off the rookie list.

Don't forget James Harmes played some pretty good footy at Casey last year, off the rookie list.
Completely forgot about him...but yeah.

Midfield pecking order:

Jones
Vince
Cross
Tyson
Watts
Viney
Kent/Salem/Toumpas
Brayshaw/Petracca
Stretch/ANB/JKH/Harmes/Vanderberg/White

Reality is that these guys are in that bottom bracket.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the situation with Trengove?

Stress fracture in the navicular bone in his foot kept him out for nearly all of last year.

He recovered and we moved to trade him to Richmond in the post-season, however the injury re-occurred during the medical assessment at the Tigers.

He'll be very lucky to play in 2015, and even if he does, most people are expecting that the issue will restrict him for the rest of his career.

Stress fracture in the navicular bone in his foot kept him out for nearly all of last year.

He recovered and we moved to trade him to Richmond in the post-season, however the injury re-occurred during the medical assessment at the Tigers.

He'll be very lucky to play in 2015, and even if he does, most people are expecting that the issue will restrict him for the rest of his career.
Very sorry to hear that, he is a very talented young man.
Thanks for the feedback.

For what it's worth, I've got him in my starting line-up. But of coarse, just another of many names you'll have to watch through the pre-season matches etc. Until then, no one knows. It's all just a waiting game at this point. lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Supercoach & Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back