MRP / Trib. Suspensions...?

Remove this Banner Ad

dima17

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
People are doing team changes and what not but everyone forgets that suspensions can occur from todays game that would mean players miss next weeks game...

it was a spiteful affair today and there were many jumper punches thrown and a couple of big hits. i hope for the games sake it is all let go and everyone can play but sadly i dont think this wil be the case.

is anyone in trouble for next week???

I cannot see anyone going... Goddards was not good, but I dont think its worth a week

Goddard it appeared did deliberately knee Luke Ball in the head, which doesn't sound good at all.

But having said that, it didn't look that forceful or bad..I doubt he'll go.

Similarly, Jolly will plead he was attempting to spoil, which he may have been i suppose.

I think the AFL maybe 'owes' the players, and supporters. And hence the MRP may take a more lenient approach to their interpretations.

Predict no 'outs' though haven't seen any replays...did someone punch Bennie J?

Just had a look at the Jolly incident. 4 mins and 46 seconds to go for anyone else who wants a look.

Seemed to have eyes on ball, just missed the footy with his attempt, and importantly had an open fist. Should be right.

Edit - actually may have copped him with the forearm.

Kosi played it up to. Looked at the ump for a good second and then put hands to face.

Jolly has his nosed rearranged by Stratton in Round 22 in a similar incident. Stratton was not cited.

Goddard has more to worry about. Simon Taylor got done last year for exactly the same thing. Given the AFL are an inconsistent joke though, he's probably going to get a reprieve.

Just had a look at the Jolly incident. 4 mins and 46 seconds to go for anyone else who wants a look.

Seemed to have eyes on ball, just missed the footy with his attempt, and importantly had an open fist. Should be right.

Edit - actually may have copped him with the forearm.

Kosi played it up to. Looked at the ump for a good second and then put hands to face.

I can't seem to remember but was a free kick even paid for that? My way of thinking was he went for the ball and missed it and copped the player accidentally.

Don't forget that indiscretions in a GF attract double the penalty. Stuff that might be a reprimand in other games may result in a week this time.

I can't seem to remember but was a free kick even paid for that? My way of thinking was he went for the ball and missed it and copped the player accidentally.

Yeah he got a free. Definitely an accident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me preface this by saying I don't want anyone suspended for the replay... I want the Saints best out there, so that we can win and say we've beaten their best 22.

However, Goddard's knee to the head deserves at least 1 week... head is a no go zone these days, and especially when it's something as deliberate as that... could have seriously hurt Ball (??)... I know a lot of people won't agree, and it may not have been all that forceful, but the knees are hard as rocks and I've seen some serious injuries from similar acts.

Jolly, poor spoil, nothing more.

Can't say there was much else in the game... didn't think it was that spiteful... in fact Manchester City and Chelsea EPL match has more spiteful (watching it atm)

Don't forget that indiscretions in a GF attract double the penalty. Stuff that might be a reprimand in other games may result in a week this time.

The AFL takes this stance, but is it a written rule or just an unwritten rule.
surely this double penalty grand final stance will be overlooked for the grand final replay

Anyone think Benny Johnson will be in abit of trouble? Looked like he connected with a left on montagna that slipped off the jumper punch?
I havent seen the footage just what it looked like from my viewpoint at the ground

It's a written rule, a change was implemented after Lynch went nuts in '04. Was mentioned in the Herald-Sun today.

Thanks for pointing that out, well yeah minor offences may cost a player a week. The fact points system is in and it is not up to the discreation of the individuals on the MRP players maybe if cited will be in trouble considering alot or minor offenses usually cost around 50-70 points with a guilty plea, doubled will cost a week obviously

The only way players will get off completely will be if it is deemed the player hasn't made an impact heavy enough to warrant a report. This may be the only way leniency may be granted if the competition doesn't want played to miss

Just had a slow look at the Jolly one. Seems to actually connect with the inside of the elbow, and not with a lot of force.

I may be wrong (been up since 3am to watch the game in London) but did Didak not jumper punch Farren Ray in the 1st quarter? Clocked him on the chin if I remember correctly?

On Goddard; super player but even the thought to drop in the knees in disgraces me.

Its a load of BS, I thought he should have gone after what he did to Picken. The AFL need to make and example of players who do things to INTENTIONALLY harm others. I understand that in Grand final the adrenaline is racing and its do or die, but that sort of behaviour is unacceptable.

Its a load of BS, I thought he should have gone after what he did to Picken. The AFL need to make and example of players who do things to INTENTIONALLY harm others. I understand that in Grand final the adrenaline is racing and its do or die, but that sort of behaviour is unacceptable.

In all honesty tho guys lets just try and have both the best sides possible on the park. I know that we both are deseperate for a flag but to want anyone to miss the replay through minor indiscretions just wouldn't be right. You can tell me to get stuffed or what ever i really hated collingwood before saturday but having gone through all that and to have no result sucks and my feel is that what ever happens now obviously i hope that saints win but i have found some respect for you guys more then ever now. There will be a result next week all the best

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Suspensions...?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back