Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone, been lurking for a fair while and enjoying the banter! I made my first post a couple of weeks ago and thought it only right I came and introduced myself.

1. Where are you from? Born in Scotland but parents emigrated to Melbourne when I was 6 then I moved to Sydney for work not long after South Melbourne relocated. My friends thought I followed the team up but it was just a happy coincidence!

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? First day at primary school I was asked what team I supported so went home and told Dad I had to have a footy team and asked if any were red and white as in Scotland I liked a team called Third Lanark (who eventually went out of business due to mismanagement!) Dad asked around and was told South Melbourne so decision made and a lifelong love affair began.:)

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I was 6 years old so over 60 years.

4. Favourite players (current)? I love them all and can't pick just one.

5. Favourite players (all time)? Peter Bedford No.11 and Jim Prentice No.19 (my first teenage crushes!)

6. Favourite Swans memories? Going to home games and walking round Albert Park Lake with Dad (now passed) and seeing a swan (bird variety) which was taken as a sign we were going to WIN. Flying my Swans scarf out of the car window on the way home after a win. Mum playing the club theme song on our record player when she heard the car arrive and Dad and I walking in triumphantly singing Cheer Cheer loudly!

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watching a live stream on a screen at Moore Park but couldn't bear to watch the last five minutes so got up and just started pacing around listening on my little radio outside. When the siren went I started sobbing uncontrollably while walking back inside to find my friends and strangers were coming up to me saying it's all right we won but I just couldn't stop sobbing.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? An autograph book with signatures of the coach and all the players in the 1970 finals team that my darling dad got for me as one of his workmates that year had some connection to the team (a trainer I think)

I just hope our beautiful boys can win this GF for us and get so far ahead that we can all just relax and enjoy it for once!

CHEER CHEER!!!
Welcome :heart: :heartssuit::heart:

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back