Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello everyone.

1. Where are you from? Italy
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Since I got started with the AFL and its teams.
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since my introduction to AFL
4. Favourite players (current)? Well... there are many of them
5. Favourite players (all time)? Barry Hall is one of them
6. Favourite Swans memories? Beating essendon by 160 points //2005 and any victory against Collingwood
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Unfortunately in my country there's no coverage :(
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? I don't have it yet...

Like Quote Reply

Hello everyone.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Since I got started with the AFL and its teams.
6. Favourite Swans memories? Beating essendon by 160 points //2005 and any victory against Collingwood
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Unfortunately in my country there's no coverage :(

Like Quote Reply

Welcome!

Hello everyone.

Like Quote Reply

Welcome mate!

Hello everyone.

Like Quote Reply

Welcome aboard the Sydney Swans forum.
#GoBloods

Swans supporter from Victoria. Been a Swans fan my whole life. Haven't been to enough games live, but looking to do so in future years with no more commitments to playing or coaching footy.

Favourite player is Paul Kelly although Errol might have something to say about that soon.

Favourite player team
B: Roos McCartin Nick Smith
HB: Bayes Barry Blakey
C: Gulden Kirk Bolton
HF: Heeney Franklin O'Keefe
F: Papley Lockett Mickey O
Foll: Goodes Kennedy Warner
Int: Healy Parker Kelly
Schwass

Oh forgot to put this in.

1. Where are you from? Victoria
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Relative played for Swans
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I can remember
4. Favourite players (current)? All of them. Errol is the favourite
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly
6. Favourite Swans memories? Plugger kicking the point to send us into the GF
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watched the 2005 GF at my best mates place who happens to be a WC supporter.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Gerard Healy signed boot

Swans supporter from Victoria. Been a Swans fan my whole life. Haven't been to enough games live, but looking to do so in future years with no more commitments to playing or coaching footy.

Favourite player is Paul Kelly although Errol might have something to say about that soon.

Favourite player team
B: Roos McCartin Nick Smith
HB: Bayes Barry Blakey
C: Gulden Kirk Bolton
HF: Heeney Franklin O'Keefe
F: Papley Lockett Mickey O
Foll: Goodes Kennedy Warner
Int: Healy Parker Kelly
Schwass

Oh forgot to put this in.

1. Where are you from? Victoria
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Relative played for Swans
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I can remember
4. Favourite players (current)? All of them. Errol is the favourite
5. Favourite players (all time)? Paul Kelly
6. Favourite Swans memories? Plugger kicking the point to send us into the GF
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watched the 2005 GF at my best mates place who happens to be a WC supporter.
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Gerard Healy signed boot
Welcome to the Bloods BigFooty.

Hi everyone, long time lurker…been a member of the Swans 10 years and getting super excited so decided to actually post instead of just reading.

1. Where are you from? Sydney
2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Was talked into it by a couple of friends who were already members and enjoyed watching the Swans and going to games
3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since 2004
4. Favourite players (current)? Rowy is my fave right now. But it changes frequently.
5. Favourite players (all time)? Adam Goodes
6. Favourite Swans memories? The preliminary final against the Pies in 2022. Also the ‘Mark mark Rohan’ game against Essendon.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? On a contiki tour in Canada, but went to a Sports bar to watch it with a bunch of Aussies
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? I have a Christmas Card from Horse and Gurnsey from the team that was gifted to be by the Swans when they heard I was very sick back in 2018.

Hi everyone, long time lurker…been a member of the Swans 10 years and getting super excited so decided to actually post instead of just reading.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? Was talked into it by a couple of friends who were already members and enjoyed watching the Swans and going to games
4. Favourite players (current)? Rowy is my fave right now. But it changes frequently.
6. Favourite Swans memories? The preliminary final against the Pies in 2022. Also the ‘Mark mark Rohan’ game against Essendon.
7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? On a contiki tour in Canada, but went to a Sports bar to watch it with a bunch of Aussies
8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? I have a Christmas Card from Horse and Gurnsey from the team that was gifted to be by the Swans when they heard I was very sick back in 2018.
Welcome. Good stickability 👍

Welcome gennibean - you’ll find plenty of fellow Rowy fans here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome. Look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome to the Swans BF.

Welcome on board Genni, any fan of Rowie is a friend of mine!
Cheers.

Welcome to the BFBloods community!

For the day that's in it, all roads lead to Big Footy.

1. Where are you from?

Northern suburbs of Melbourne.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?

The old man. When Dad moved to Melbourne from Dublin in 1991, he first lived in a Moonee Ponds share house with a bloke simply known as "Swannie". Dad was more into the round ball, didn't take footy seriously but he learned very quickly that he needed a team. Swannie convinced him to support the Bloods. He later passed it onto me.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?

Dad claims that he took me to a Dons v Swans game in 1994, but 1998 was the season that started it all. I was enthralled by Plugger and have a distinct memory watching him kick 10 against the Pies at the 'G on a Friday night. Later, when I got my first woolen Skeem jumper, I kindly asked my Gran to sow Plugger's number 4 on the back for me.

4. Favourite players (current)?

Errol Gulden, Chad Warner, Isaac Heeney, Robbie Fox, Harry Cunningham.

5. Favourite players (all time)?

Tony Lockett, Paul Kelly, Michael O'Loughlin, Tadhg Kennelly, Lewis Roberts-Thomson (robbed of the 2005 Norm Smith).

6. Favourite Swans memories?

The first winning game I saw - against Carlton at Optus Oval in '99. Despite spilling a pot of coke on my jumper shortly before the game at the pub and being incredibly upset about it, I ended up having a great day. Until we kicked away in the final term, it was a tight, close contest.

Telling Michael O'Loughlin that he played really well in the 2006 Grand Final at the next day's family event in Albert Park. Micky O turned to Dad and said, "Your son is too polite. I played like shit."

Chasing down Paul Roos for a photo after a practice match against Melbourne in 2009. Panting, and unsure what to say, I told Roos that he was a "bloody legend". He smiled politely and said thank you.

Meeting Warwick Capper at a local cricket club event in 2018. His eyes lit up when I asked him if the speed he took before the 1986 final against Carlton was any good. "Yes," he said.

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?

Decked out in red and white, I watched it at home with Mum. Hours before the game, Dad scored a few ticket thanks to a mate of his who worked for the Pratt family.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own?

A signed, framed jumper of Plugger's to commemorate his 1300th goal.

For the day that's in it, all roads lead to Big Footy.

1. Where are you from?

Northern suburbs of Melbourne.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans?

The old man. When Dad moved to Melbourne from Dublin in 1991, he first lived in a Moonee Ponds share house with a bloke simply known as "Swannie". Dad was more into the round ball, didn't take footy seriously but he learned very quickly that he needed a team. Swannie convinced him to support the Bloods. He later passed it onto me.

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?

Dad claims that he took me to a Dons v Swans game in 1994, but 1998 was the season that started it all. I was enthralled by Plugger and have a distinct memory watching him kick 10 against the Pies at the 'G on a Friday night. Later, when I got my first woolen Skeem jumper, I kindly asked my Gran to sow Plugger's number 4 on the back for me.

4. Favourite players (current)?

Errol Gulden, Chad Warner, Isaac Heeney, Robbie Fox, Harry Cunningham.

5. Favourite players (all time)?

Tony Lockett, Paul Kelly, Michael O'Loughlin, Tadhg Kennelly, Lewis Roberts-Thomson (robbed of the 2005 Norm Smith).

6. Favourite Swans memories?

The first winning game I saw - against Carlton at Optus Oval in '99. Despite spilling a pot of coke on my jumper shortly before the game at the pub and being incredibly upset about it, I ended up having a great day. Until we kicked away in the final term, it was a tight, close contest.

Telling Michael O'Loughlin that he played really well in the 2006 Grand Final at the next day's family event in Albert Park. Micky O turned to Dad and said, "Your son is too polite. I played like shit."

Chasing down Paul Roos for a photo after a practice match against Melbourne in 2009. Panting, and unsure what to say, I told Roos that he was a "bloody legend". He smiled politely and said thank you.

Meeting Warwick Capper at a local cricket club event in 2018. His eyes lit up when I asked him if the speed he took before the 1986 final against Carlton was any good. "Yes," he said.

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF?

Decked out in red and white, I watched it at home with Mum. Hours before the game, Dad scored a few ticket thanks to a mate of his who worked for the Pratt family.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own?

A signed, framed jumper of Plugger's to commemorate his 1300th goal.
Welcome to "Swannie" BigFooty forum

Hello Swans fans, long time lurker of this forum following along for news and opinion on things. Figured I'd finally make an account.

Been following the Swans my whole life, I think it was Plugger and Paul Kelly that initially drew me in.

Up the Swannies.
Welcome. Great week to join up!

Hello everyone.

Have been a long time lurker and finally got the courage to join. I live in a rugby league strong hold and this forum has been a great link to other Swans fans and the club I love.

1. Where are you from? Central Tablelands of NSW

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? I think I have always been a supporter of those that fight to survive but there was something about the Swans that made me fall in love with them

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?I really can't remember but we it was mainly when they came to Sydney.

4. Favourite players (current)? Luke Parker, Harry Cunningham, Hayden McLean. Dane Rampe, James Rowbottom. I think I should just name the whole squad.

5. Favourite players (all time)? Adam Goodes, Paul Roos, Jude Bolton, Paul Kelly

6. Favourite Swans memories? Too many to list

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? In front of my TV screaming my heart out.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Currently my heritage jumper signed by the current squad. Also a photo with Jude Bolton.

Hello everyone.

Have been a long time lurker and finally got the courage to join. I live in a rugby league strong hold and this forum has been a great link to other Swans fans and the club I love.

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? I think I have always been a supporter of those that fight to survive but there was something about the Swans that made me fall in love with them

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans?I really can't remember but we it was mainly when they came to Sydney.

4. Favourite players (current)? Luke Parker, Harry Cunningham, Hayden McLean. Dane Rampe, James Rowbottom. I think I should just name the whole squad.

5. Favourite players (all time)? Adam Goodes, Paul Roos, Jude Bolton, Paul Kelly

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? Currently my heritage jumper signed by the current squad. Also a photo with Jude Bolton.
Welcome on board Hanas, it's a great time to be a Swan ❤️🤍

Hello everyone.

Great to have you on BF :)

Hi everyone, been lurking for a fair while and enjoying the banter! I made my first post a couple of weeks ago and thought it only right I came and introduced myself.

1. Where are you from? Born in Scotland but parents emigrated to Melbourne when I was 6 then I moved to Sydney for work not long after South Melbourne relocated. My friends thought I followed the team up but it was just a happy coincidence!

2. Why did you start supporting the Swans? First day at primary school I was asked what team I supported so went home and told Dad I had to have a footy team and asked if any were red and white as in Scotland I liked a team called Third Lanark (who eventually went out of business due to mismanagement!) Dad asked around and was told South Melbourne so decision made and a lifelong love affair began.:)

3. How long have you been supporting the Swans? Since I was 6 years old so over 60 years.

4. Favourite players (current)? I love them all and can't pick just one.

5. Favourite players (all time)? Peter Bedford No.11 and Jim Prentice No.19 (my first teenage crushes!)

6. Favourite Swans memories? Going to home games and walking round Albert Park Lake with Dad (now passed) and seeing a swan (bird variety) which was taken as a sign we were going to WIN. Flying my Swans scarf out of the car window on the way home after a win. Mum playing the club theme song on our record player when she heard the car arrive and Dad and I walking in triumphantly singing Cheer Cheer loudly!

7. Where were you for the 2005 GF? Watching a live stream on a screen at Moore Park but couldn't bear to watch the last five minutes so got up and just started pacing around listening on my little radio outside. When the siren went I started sobbing uncontrollably while walking back inside to find my friends and strangers were coming up to me saying it's all right we won but I just couldn't stop sobbing.

8. Favourite piece of Swans memorabilia that you own? An autograph book with signatures of the coach and all the players in the 1970 finals team that my darling dad got for me as one of his workmates that year had some connection to the team (a trainer I think)

I just hope our beautiful boys can win this GF for us and get so far ahead that we can all just relax and enjoy it for once!

CHEER CHEER!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Swans Fans - Introduce Yourselves Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back