Sydneyfan

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2000
Brisbanópolis
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S’roos, Brisbane Lions, N Syd Bears
What do you believe the upcoming season holds for the Swans? A final eight spot? A home final? Possibly even a premiership?

I've made a couple of predictions for the Swans for the upcoming year. No doubt if I come back to this thread in September I'll be embarassed by most of these predictions!

Final position: 4th (beaten in Preliminary Final by Essendon)
Best and Fairest: Paul Kelly (It'd be great to see Kel have a great year this year)
Top goalkicker: Michael O'Loughlin, 65
Most improved: Ryan O'Keefe
Best first year player: Luke Ablett

[This message has been edited by Sydneyfan (edited 19 February 2001).]

Originally posted by Sydneyfan:
What do you believe the upcoming season holds for the Swans? A final eight spot? A home final? Possibly even a premiership?

I've made a couple of predictions for the Swans for the upcoming year. No doubt if I come back to this thread in September I'll be embarassed by most of these predictions!

Final position: 4th (beaten in Preliminary Final by Essendon)
Best and Fairest: Paul Kelly (It'd be great to see Kel have a great year this year)
Top goalkicker: Michael O'Loughlin, 65
Most improved: Ryan O'Keefe
Best first year player: Luke Ablett

[This message has been edited by Sydneyfan (edited 19 February 2001).]
Final six for sure

For 99 and 2000 I predicted the Swans would be no more better than a low eight finish, it turned out slightly worse than that for an 8th in 99 (bundled out in 1st week) and a 10th in 2000.

This year, for the first time since 98 Iam genuinely confident that we have a big season ahead of us.

Bearing in mind all predictions and all optimism is just a twisted knee or snapped ligament away from oblivion,I'll make the following predictions.

Finish :4th (beaten by Hawthorn in Prelim Final)

Best and Fairest : Michael O'Loughlin

Top Goalscorer :Adam Goodes with 55

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back