Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Yawn. Another week and another media personality talking shit to try and make us look like the bad guy. This time it was an attempted mark by Hayward that Leigh Matthews thinks should be outlawed in case it causes concussion. What he showed was a marking contest with Hayward jumping with the knee leading (as you do), and hand touches the ball.

Yes, Matthews believes that something that would happen 40 odd times a game should be outlawed.

Good interview with Joel Amartey on sen this morning with Cornes and Bucks. Very impressive he is. Humble , willing to work and learn it seems

Sometimes I would like a bit more personality in some of these players though rather than just trotting out the cliches. Haven't listened this morning yet but his interview post game with Fox was pretty dry.

17JUN24: Swans Daily Media
Robbo now wants to ban 'Taunting' due to Adams getting a Free on the weekend :shrug:

Swans talk starts at 13:40mins into video

Last edited:
Yawn. Another week and another media personality talking shit to try and make us look like the bad guy. This time it was an attempted mark by Hayward that Leigh Matthews thinks should be outlawed in case it causes concussion. What he showed was a marking contest with Hayward jumping with the knee leading (as you do), and hand touches the ball.

Yes, Matthews believes that something that would happen 40 odd times a game should be outlawed.
This from a bloke who allegedly broke the jaws of 7 players in thug style in his playing days.

Did he say anything about Rankine deliberately putting his knee into Heeney's face when he rolled him over in a tackle ? Dog Act. Matthews ? The perpetrator of probably the biggest dog act in the history of the game having the audacity to talk complete dribble about a realistic marking attempt ? Wonder why he never called Moore out for using the knee in his attempt to brutalize Petracca and putting him intensive care ? If this is what the game has come to with the physicality of the game being called out at every turn then deal me out.

Did he say anything about Rankine deliberately putting his knee into Heeney's face when he rolled him over in a tackle ? Dog Act. Matthews ? The perpetrator of probably the biggest dog act in the history of the game having the audacity to talk complete dribble about a realistic marking attempt ? Wonder why he never called Moore out for using the knee in his attempt to brutalize Petracca and putting him intensive care ? If this is what the game has come to with the physicality of the game being called out at every turn then deal me out.
Never calls the Magpies out for anything.

Gee's talk about grasping at straws for something to write;

Stocks down: Slow starts have been a theme for Sydney for the past two weeks. Although their fightbacks have been great, is some early-game complacency creeping in? Will the better sides allow the Swans to work their way into the contest as easily? Look, probably, but when you're flying, top of the ladder with just one loss, it's hard to find negatives!
Last week, didn't we give the side that was third on the ladder a six goal head start? I would have thought the Cats were one of the "better sides".

Don't get me wrong, the slow starts are annoying me as much as anybody but considering we've come back from multiple goals down against a few other top 8 sides, this is just a silly thing to write.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stocks down: Slow starts have been a theme for Sydney for the past two weeks. Although their fightbacks have been great, is some early-game complacency creeping in? Will the better sides allow the Swans to work their way into the contest as easily? Look, probably, but when you're flying, top of the ladder with just one loss, it's hard to find negatives!
Last week, didn't we give the side that was third on the ladder a six goal head start? I would have thought the Cats were one of the "better sides".

Don't get me wrong, the slow starts are annoying me as much as anybody but considering we've come back from multiple goals down against a few other top 8 sides, this is just a silly thing to write.

The one time coming from behind won't work is in the grand final. (imo).

They acknowledge it's silly though but they need something to critique us on and that's the obvious one.

We've come back against the Blues and the Cats though to have resounding wins so the question is whether there's a side good enough in the league to stop us doing out thing. First Crack made the same point.

Was it a taunt anyway? Adams is looking forwards with his seven gesture and then looks left just before he is hit, so clearly not directed at Hinge.

just another pathetic "anti-sydney" whinge ...
there should be far more focus on the stupidity of hinge's charge and bump ...
anyone watching the nrl game between souths and brisbane the other night would've seen the incident in which a brisbane player collected a souths player high, and did eventually cop 10 mins in the sin bin, but souths' latrell mitchell was binned first after running about 20m to get into a bit of push'n'shove remonstration ...
the umpire did the right thing penalising hinge, what adams did was not taunting

anyone watching the nrl game between souths and brisbane the other night would've seen the incident in which a brisbane player collected a souths player high, and did eventually cop 10 mins in the sin bin, but souths' latrell mitchell was binned first after running about 20m to get into a bit of push'n'shove remonstration ...
the umpire did the right thing penalising hinge, what adams did was not taunting

The precedent had also been set with the free against Chad for (what I thought was a pretty soft) bump after a goal.

Massive focus on Hinge ive read , it was Zac Jones like , fake tough guys

The precedent had also been set with the free against Chad for (what I thought was a pretty soft) bump after a goal.
Warner just shoved someone out of his way on the way to celebrate with a team-mate. In the aftermath of that about 3 Adelaide players ran 10m or more to do exactly the same level push and shove. Could have been reversed. (Could be that I look at these things through my one red and white eye).

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back