Unofficial Preview Swans Vs Demons. 2nd Qualifying Final. MCG. Friday Sep. 2nd @ 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradshaw is spending more time in the midfield, so not sure Clarke will run with him.

Who he plays on is a tough one, because their rebound game is centred around their intercept marking. Probably Salem, if he plays. ****ed if I know if he doesn't. Maybe he can focus on trying to make Lever accountable.

Not really happy with the prospect of facing either Brisbane or Tigers if we don't win this one. Not confident about beating the Dees either, they looked unstoppable before half time against the Brions.

Won't be an easy campaign.

Not really happy with the prospect of facing either Brisbane or Tigers if we don't win this one. Not confident about beating the Dees either, they looked unstoppable before half time against the Brions.

We've definitely got the tougher side of the draw, but we're a better team than Brisbane and Richmond.

We beat the Tigers when they were in good form in a game where we only showed up for one half. Brisbane outplayed us, but they've fallen to pieces in the last few months. I think they need a minor reset.

Won't matter anyway, because we'll be hosting either the Cats, Pies, Freo, or Bulldogs in a home prelim. ;)

Brisbane were so so putrid the other night.

Their defence has gone from looking solid to leaky.
Mids are down hill sliders.
Forwards were inconsistent.

*with the exception of Neale.

Break works to our favour. Our Young kids are tiring out and need the refresh. The Dees have awesome form but now have a bye to stop their momentum. Gut running and fitness will be key on the expanses of the G as will breaking even in the centre clearances. I say we win.

Hope we're not out in straight sets...

I said it on the main board but compared to round 12 our team is likely to be

In
Buddy
Hickey
Clarke

Out
Amartey
Ronke
Wicks
Also Stephens in, Ladhams out.

But I'm hoping Ladhams comes in for this game, though it sounds doubtful from Horse's most recent presser. Our mids have next to no chemistry with Hickey.

I would like to remind a few people that we played the Dees without Steven May last time and his inclusion will make a HUGE difference to their side. I don't think Gawn could have a bigger game than he did last time but Luke Jackson is much improved since then so we'll see what happens. I feel like one of Melbourne's gluttony of talls could break the game open so we've gotta be at our absolute best to beat them. At least the double chance reassures the boys that they can take the game on without fear. I'm excited!
Agree with that. Bombing long into the forward line is not the way to go. May and Gawn will clean us up. I think chip mark until we get into a position to strike is possibly the way to go . If their midfield get on top we are cooked!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go you good thing Blue!

Members pre-sale starts at 10am

Tuesday August 23. As a member you will have priority access to purchase tickets before the general public, during an exclusive member pre-sale.

Member Pre-sale starts: 10:00am AEST
General Public On-sale starts: 3:00pm AEST

You will receive an email tomorrow, Monday August 22 with full details of how to access tickets during the member pre-sale.
The only issue I have with this is that history has shown that the tickets they offer to the members are generally not as good as the ones given to general public.

The only issue I have with this is that history has shown that the tickets they offer to the members are generally not as good as the ones given to general public.
Yeah, we used to line up at the closest ticket selling office and pick which seats we wanted because I always missed the members deadline. Seemed to be some decent ones still around.

The key will be pressure, even if we don't win first use, we shouldn't allow them the time & space to get easy inside 50s. If we put enough pressure, we'll create that turnover game our defence loves.

I also don't care if Trac & Oliver get a ton of possessions because their ball use is pretty average.

I just want to see elite pressure all game.

Talk of removing Hickey is pure rubbish (unless he's injured). No way should they change a winning team where players have built chemistry & rhythm.

If you want to put Ladhams as medi-sub then I'm not fussed. Personally I would have Campbell (versatility) or Cunningham (experience) as the medi-sub.

Our last loss occurred when Clarke was last dropped and we realised how much we missed him. Wouldn't make that mistake again.
Clarke is just a busy player, always thinking & super, super fit.
I really have grown to accept some of his short comings because I'm loving the way he's gone about it.

I guess the only other question is whether we can make space for Bell. I feel like our forward needs a bit more class and when Bell is around you just know he is going to make something happen.
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
He couldn't possibly have been serious. Could he???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back