Unofficial Preview Swans Vs Demons. 2nd Qualifying Final. MCG. Friday Sep. 2nd @ 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've booked the rooms and the flights. I hope I get the tickets. This will be my first game in Melbourne at the MCG! I can't wait!!!
I know the team we have now can win but it's nice that we got another chance should the demons get up instead.

I know it's just a coincidence, but I can't help thinking about the last two times we finished 3rd...
Hope you get there with time to spare, friends of mine had their flight cancelled from Sydney early yesterday morning , the flight qantas put them on eventually left Sydney at 4.pm they didn’t get there in time.

Hope you get there with time to spare, friends of mine had their flight cancelled from Sydney early yesterday morning , the flight qantas put them on eventually left Sydney at 4.pm they didn’t get there in time.
I booked with Jetstar, the flight is at 6 in the morning. Hopefully, even if the flight is cancelled, I can book another flight immediately. Worst-case scenario, I'll drive!

42 inches of snow cover at Mt Buller.

I suspect there’ll be plenty of tickets available.
Nah they’ll go up early Saturday morning. Remember the Dees supporters didnt get to see their team play finals at the MCG last year. They will be there for sure.

Our defenders need to know the rushed behind rule Blakey stuffed it up again today.
Haven't watched the replay to determine what the call was. At the ground it was consensus, he was hand balling to Rampe who didn't get his hands to it. Was a bullshit call and followed up by a just as bad insufficient attempt seconds later.

Both dont really offer much tbh, the 3rd tall position is the hardest role to fill atm. Amartey doesn't miss gettable shots though when he has his chances.
I'd almost be tempted to give McLean a game to give us 3 different pronged attack - Buddy for the lead ups, Reid floating over packs and McLean just being able to clunk a couple in the goalsquare. If may/lever follow Buddy and Reid it could create a favourable mismatch for McLean. Each option has its downfalls for that 3rd tall though as you say!

Both dont really offer much tbh, the 3rd tall position is the hardest role to fill atm. Amartey doesn't miss gettable shots though when he has his chances.

Logan actually defends which is sort of important as Bud is getting on. Logan kicked 2 straight last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we want a shootout or more of a tempo game like the one against Fremantle? I think we have the potential to win in either fashion but our best chance will be if we’re able to adapt to whatever the status of the game is.

If we’re on, we need to make it count. If they’re on we need to be patient, limit the damage and then take our turn. Needless to say we need to bring our pressure game, otherwise we’re done before the first bounce.

These are the games when a star player or two have to step up. You don’t win finals with your 19th best player having a huge game if none of the leaders step up. One of Heeney, Papley, Franklin, Warner, Mills or Parker need to have a huge game or two of them have very good games. That’s minimum.

If we bring enough pressure and take our chances I honestly think we can beat anyone. Whether we will or not is another thing altogether.

As much as I hope no one here throws in the towel if we lose, because the players deserve more faith than that, I’ll back them in by 10-12 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't watched the replay to determine what the call was. At the ground it was consensus, he was hand balling to Rampe who didn't get his hands to it. Was a bullshit call and followed up by a just as bad insufficient attempt seconds later.

Blakey handballed it i assume to Rampe or was trying to rush a behind not really sure but it hit the behind post so was pinged for "insufficient intent"

I think the match up works in our favour as far as how the teams are placed going into the finals.

Melbourne just demolished a fellow contender; the media is now talking about how they've "got their mojo back". This could play into the one weakness they've had all year, and that's getting ahead of themselves. Where they've been unstoppable this year is when they've been written off and they have a point to prove. I think if they had to go up to the SCG for an away qualifying final as reigning premiers, that'd sting them into that beast mode that's very hard to contain.

We on the other hand, had a hard-fought win that would've led to some serious self-reflection amongst the playing group, knowing how close they were to letting top four slip. We'll go down to theif home deck as underdogs and should play with nothing to lose. Our stars aren't as bright as theirs, our recent run in finals isn't as great as theirs, our window isn't as vitally open as theirs is. The pressure should be all on Melbourne, and if we can match that external pressure with our pressure within the game, we can win this big-time.

Methinks our fate will lie in the hands of five players: Heeney, Blakey, Rowbottom, Fox, and our ruck. These guys play well and we aren't losing. (And I say 'ruck' because part of me still hopes for a surprise Ladhams inclusion.)

Last edited:
I think the match up works in our favour as far as how the teams are placed going into the finals.

Melbourne just demolished a fellow contender; the media is now talking about how they've "got their mojo back". This could play into the one weakness they've had all year, and that's getting ahead of themselves. Where they've been unstoppable this year is when they've been written off and they have a point to prove. I think if they had to go up to the SCG for an away qualifying final as reigning premiers, that'd sting them into that beast mode that's very hard to contain.

We on the other hand, had a hard-fought win that would've led to some serious self-reflection amongst the playing group, knowing how close they were to letting top four slip. We'll go down to theif home deck as underdogs and should play with nothing to lose. Our stars aren't as bright as theirs, our recent run in finals isn't as great as theirs, our window isn't as vitally open as theirs is. The pressure should be all on Melbourne, and if we can match that external pressure with our pressure within the game, we can win this big-time.

Methinks our fate will lie in the hands of five players: Heeney, Blakey, Rowbottom, Fox, and our ruck. These guys play well and we aren't losing. (And I say 'ruck' because part of me still hopes for a surprise Ladhams inclusion.)

We have been written off already its only Tuesday and we are out to $2.80 2nd longest odds to win week 1.

If Papley doesn't get up reckon we will blow out to over $3.00

What’s all the Ladham’s love about ?

He’s played one brilliant quarter (against the dogs) then got injured. Read the reserves thread a poster even comments about his time to go and didn’t.

Seems like it’s more worry about Hickey and his form than anything. I don’t think you get a massive upgrade with Ladhams as an in.

Melbourne should target Ladhams if he gets a call up as he doesn’t seem to be able to stay composed to the niggle.

Gawn was best on ground in the last game. Guess I’m in the stick with Hickey view and go in unchanged.

You insult one member of the cult family you insult us all.

Screenshot_2022-08-23 Game Day - 2021 AFL Draft.png Screenshot_2022-08-23 10 Creepiest Child Villains in Horror Films.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back