Unofficial Preview Swans Vs Demons. 2nd Qualifying Final. MCG. Friday Sep. 2nd @ 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been written off already its only Tuesday and we are out to $2.80 2nd longest odds to win week 1.

If Papley doesn't get up reckon we will blow out to over $3.00

Good. We play a million times better when we are outsiders. We were $3 when we played the Dees last time in Melbourne this year...how did that go again...

We have been written off already its only Tuesday and we are out to $2.80 2nd longest odds to win week 1.

If Papley doesn't get up reckon we will blow out to over $3.00

Shows the difference between getting 2nd or not. We'd be favourites against Melbourne if we were playing at the SCG, but it is going to be very tough at the G.

Shows the difference between getting 2nd or not. We'd be favourites against Melbourne if we were playing at the SCG, but it is going to be very tough at the G.

nah, the footy world (ie, victoria) is cranking up a fury over melbourne's win on friday, they'd still be favourites at the scg
i think we're better off not just as underdogs, but travelling into "enemy territory", the bonding experience for the young blokes, the likes of warner and gulden, i think will really bolster that "outsider" mindset ...
melbourne are lucky it's not this week, we'd win by 80! next week, it'll be toned down to 50-odd (a sign of our new maturity)

nah, the footy world (ie, victoria) is cranking up a fury over melbourne's win on friday, they'd still be favourites at the scg
i think we're better off not just as underdogs, but travelling into "enemy territory", the bonding experience for the young blokes, the likes of warner and gulden, i think will really bolster that "outsider" mindset ...
melbourne are lucky it's not this week, we'd win by 80! next week, it'll be toned down to 50-odd (a sign of our new maturity)
We'd definitely be favourites at the SCG, although the odds would be a lot closer.

Yeah there's a bit in that bonding experience for sure. All the players were saying last year how the young group relished being away together during the relocated games/hubs etc, whereas some other sides didn't enjoy being away from home for so long and their performances were affected by it.

Hopefully we can set ourselves like we did against Melbourne at the G and Freo in Perth and get it done again. Sounds pretty obvious saying how big this game is given its a qualifying final, but the winner will likely have a home prelim against Collingwood or Freo and the loser could face a red hot Richmond. Massive!

I can't find ticket pricing tier information for members and non members for these finals events. Trying to convince some casual friends to come who are "price sensitive".

Anyone have a link to where I can show them?

I can't find ticket pricing tier information for members and non members for these finals events. Trying to convince some casual friends to come who are "price sensitive".

I don't think you'll know until ticketing is available at 3pm for GA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. There is a difference between failing concussion test and having a concussion as we saw with McCartin. He kicked a goal from 45 out after the collision and seemed perplexed that he was subbed out.
He might've given himself a concussion after Hayward's sealer though. We'll await the results.

FDDD41E7-6EB2-4223-81A7-E2AB80DE63E4.gif

I feel like surely we'd want the opera house for the grand final. We are still the Sydney Swans after all and that's kinda the brand we'd want to be marketing on the big stage. But I guess it depends on the team we play and whether they clash or not.
But remember what the Opera House has done to us. I say wear the duck butt instead

We’re still the Sydney Swans in the red V we started as the Sydney Swans in the red V until someone designed the current jumper on a napkin and Buccanara from the Hawks decided we needed a red back also.

I’m fine with whatever the club wants to do but nothing wrong with the red V as a Swans jumper and I think most recognise it as part of the identity as much as the now established Opera House jumper.

We will all support them just as passionately regardless.
It's a duck butt and always has been

Adult Category 1 is $93. Goes down from there.

Agreed. There is a difference between failing concussion test and having a concussion as we saw with McCartin. He kicked a goal from 45 out after the collision and seemed perplexed that he was subbed out.
Has Paps ever passed any test?

Good Night GIF

Break works to our favour. Our Young kids are tiring out and need the refresh. The Dees have awesome form but now have a bye to stop their momentum. Gut running and fitness will be key on the expanses of the G as will breaking even in the centre clearances. I say we win.
This is my thinking too. Break works in our favour and against Dees.

Ladhams and Hickey have put up basically identical stats all season so I'm not particularly fussed who they go with. I think both options come with potential risks and rewards. Hickey still seems to be hampered by something and hopefully the week off helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back