Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hi

pkmn_zpsemyk6d5l.png

Massive thanks to RookieListed for the awesome Logo.

Welcome to the Sweet F.A's very own, Pokemon Tournament, the Pokemon Champions League, hosted by SM and myself.

Originally started last season by League Veteran The_Reaper , the PCL has been adapted from the first attempts rules, with a slightly modified format and drafting process.

The PCL will be run using Pokemon Showdown.
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

We will keep sign ups open until there are 8 players in total. Number might change depending on interest.

Player List
1. SM
2. tgrs
3. Fryer Tuck
4. The_Reaper
5. Cloud_
6. nahnah
7. dogs105
8. dennis crumpet

Rules

Mega Evolutions cannot be drafted but if you draft Charizard you could, if you want to, make it turn into Mega Charizard.
You can however, draft Pokemon in the same evolution line as another drafted Pokemon; Slowbro and Slowking/Onix and Steelix, etc.
Initially, each player will pick 7 Pokemon, for a full party of 6 and one substitute. In between battles you can change the team composition and items and move-sets of all your 'mons.
Games will be played using Smogon ORAS OU (OverUsed) rules.

Once teams have been picked, players will be split into two groups of 4, and a Champions League style Group Round will begin, with each person playing each opponent twice to accurately portray the table.
The Top 2 of each group will advance to Finals, the Top Player of each group plays the Second Top Player of the other group. There will be an additional Draft of 5 new 'mons, of which all eliminated players Pokemon are available to select.
After a battle one/both of the players will click the "Upload and Share Replay" button in the Showdown Battle Simulator and post the link in here.

Ladder will be decided by Wins and by 'mons remaining. For instance if SM beat me and had two Pokemon left he would be +2 and I would be -2.
A secondary tie breaker would be unused Pokemon, just in case someone managed to win a game while only using 4 Pokemon in battle which would make them +2 for that.

Draft Order
SM
Fryer Tuck
dennis crumpet
tgrs
Cloud_
dogs105
nahnah
The_Reaper

Draft Picks
Round 1

SM - Dragonite
Fryer Tuck - Garchomp
dennis crumpet - Clefable
tgrs - Venusaur
Cloud_ - Zapdos
dogs105 - Diancie
nahnah - Manaphy
The_Reaper - Mew

Round 2
The_Reaper - Tyranitar
nahnah - Landorus - T
dogs105 - Latios
Cloud_ - Victini
tgrs - Rotom - W
dennis crumpet - Azumarill
Fryer Tuck - Excadrill
SM - Ninjask

Round 3
SM - Goodra
Fryer Tuck - Hippowdon
dennis crumpet - Scizor
tgrs - Heatran
Cloud_ - Salamence
dogs105 - Kyurem - B
nahnah - Scolipede
The_Reaper - Gengar

Round 4
The_Reaper - Volcanion
nahnah - Charizard
dogs105 - Chansey
Cloud_ - Metagross
tgrs - Jiraichi
dennis crumpet - Volcorona
Fryer Tuck - Keldeo
SM - Slurpuff

Round 5
SM - Chandelure
Fryer Tuck - Ferrothorn
dennis crumpet - Thundurus
tgrs - Mandibuzz
Cloud_ - Gardevoir
dogs105 - Talonflame
nahnah - Togekiss
The_Reaper - Skarmory

Round 6
The_Reaper - Manetric
nahnah - Raikou
dogs105 - Amoongus
Cloud_

Last edited:

Actually I know nothing of the competitive aspects of sun and moon. I might sit this one out.

I'll fill in as 8th if you can't find anybody else

S&M apparently have **** all decent Pokemon for competitive play so don't worry too much about those games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh come on, Z moves aren't that difficult to get the hang of.

I think we should carry on with Gen 7 rules. It's the most recent and still is metagame fresh which means more varied strategies.

Then again, you're the bosses.

Oh come on, Z moves aren't that difficult to get the hang of.

I think we should carry on with Gen 7 rules. It's the most recent and still is metagame fresh which means more varied strategies.

Then again, you're the bosses.
You went from not being much of a competitive player to knowing more about z moves better than everyone very quickly

You went from not being much of a competitive player to knowing more about z moves better than everyone very quickly

I know about Z-moves too because I've played S&M but that doesn't mean a heap.

Note: Just realised the new gen of games double as my username. :D

Just because I don't play competitively doesn't mean I don't do the research to learn about them (like if different moves of the same type have different effects, and what they can actually do.)

Just to make sure I'm on top of it, that's all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sweet F.A PCL (Pokemon Champions League) - Season 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back