Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
Had to share this.

I came across a Reddit thread recently with a young Sydney supporter whose Swans-mad Mum has had cancer for the last two years and is facing an uncertain future. You know the story - doesn't have tickets to the GF, has a sick Mum, would love to have tickets, pls help.

I urged the kid to get in touch with the club. He sent me a message back yesterday - he brought a letter into Swans HQ on the Tuesday explaining the situation.

Sydney have gifted the kid and his Mum not just two GF tickets, but also flights and accommodation. No publicity, no fanfare, just decency and humanity.

What a class act from a classy club. Seriously, hats off to you.

Had to share this.

I came across a Reddit thread recently with a young Sydney supporter whose Swans-mad Mum has had cancer for the last two years and is facing an uncertain future. You know the story - doesn't have tickets to the GF, has a sick Mum, would love to have tickets, pls help.

I urged the kid to get in touch with the club. He sent me a message back yesterday - he brought a letter into Swans HQ on the Tuesday explaining the situation.

Sydney have gifted the kid and his Mum not just two GF tickets, but also flights and accommodation. No publicity, no fanfare, just decency and humanity.

What a class act from a classy club. Seriously, hats off to you.
Love it, clubs are getting good at at providing a big moment for people who really need one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Swans and a sick fan - A class act

Remove this Banner Ad

Back