Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

5-13 Overall, 2-5 as Sydney Swans. Not a good look at all. The overall record is worse than Collingwood.

I don't think a history of losing Grand Finals affects the current team, unless it is the team itself that has lost multiple GF's such as 90s Geelong, and 70s/80s Collingwood.

But it can become an albatross around the club's neck as each successive team loses, as were the Colliwobbes, and the Sydney Swans record will start to become just that if they lose on the weekend.

But not as hummi g as Sydney. They were going along nicely until the grand final :( (side note revisionist history and all but I wanted a Swans win in both 16 and 22!l).
Erhhhh... wut?

Geelong literally did not lose a single game after Round 9 that year. Geelong was head and shoulders above everyone else that year, while Sydney almost lost to Collingwood in the PF.

I couldn't be more confident in the Swans winning not that I care who wins but just think the AFL/Swans make so much more money if the Swans win given the merchandise $$ sales.

A little conspiracy theory for you guys we shall see.

Erhhhh... wut?

Geelong literally did not lose a single game after Round 9 that year. Geelong was head and shoulders above everyone else that year, while Sydney almost lost to Collingwood in the PF.

Sydney were in far better form, if they were actually switched on instead of witches hats on grand final day they would have pulled Geelong's pants down.

I think Sydney's bad grand final run will continue tomorrow as well ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney's record in grand finals needs scrutinising

Remove this Banner Ad

Back