TAC U18 Brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

The Morrish Medal is voted on by the umpires in a traditional 3-2-1 format.

There is also the Coaches' Award which is voted on by the 2 coaches who give 5-4-3-2-1.

Neither is a great predictor for AFL success.

Morrish Medal

1992 - Brad Smith - Northern Knights
1993 - Dean Watson - Southern Stingrays
1994 - Gary Moorcroft - Northern Knights
1995 - Paul Hood- Geelong Falcons
1996 - Nathan Brown - Bendigo Pioneers
1997 - Derek Murray - Murray Bushrangers
1998 - Lenny Hayes - NSW/ACT RAMS
1999 - Matthew Stolarczyk - Gippsland Power
2000 - David Rodan - Calder Cannons
2001 - David Rodan - Calder Cannons
2002 - Luke Shackleton - Tassie Mariners
2003 - Mungara Brown - Northern Knights

Coaches Award

1992 - Brad Smith - Northern Knights
1993 - Angelo Lekkas - Northern Knights
1994 - Jason McFarlane - Gippsland Power
1995 - Jason Snell - Eastern Ranges
1996 - Tim Finocchiaro - Eastern Ranges
1997 - Matthew Bernes - Tassie Mariners
1998 - Steven Hazelman - Gippsland Power
1999 - Leigh Brown - Gippsland Power
2000 - Paul Carson - Western Jets
2001 - Bradley Miller - Western Jets AND Russell Grigg - Bendigo Pioneers
2002 - Blake Grima - Eastern Ranges
2003 - Colin Sylvia - Bendigo Pioneers

yeh very surprising those stats weaver.. i thought their would have been a little more talent taking out those awards, really shows how much of a step it is from TAC level to AFL success i guess.

here is an early tip for the morrish medal jarred moore or dale may! loved by the umpires and always get alot of stats!

My tip is Fevaleaki from Bendigo to go very close to winning the Morrish. Plays loose and gets an enormous amount of easy kicks. A Flashy Player.

Very safe tip with Jared Moore Hbk. Take a punt Leigh!

hbk
"here is an early tip for the morrish medal jarred moore or dale may! loved by the umpires"

i think you'll find that may isnt one of the umpires most loved players......his always trying to start players and the umpires spend half the game keeping an eye on him and his player so they dont get in a fight!

Re: Morish medal

Originally posted by bring on draft
How the hell did Rodan win two morish medals? That's the eqivalent of Brian Wilson winning the brownlow!

No.

Under 18 football is much diffrent to senior. I'm guessing Rodan was a midfielder for the Cannons and there is a slight chance he had a more mature body then most AND had been given more of a chance though his younger years.

i don't think a calder player will win as there are to many good players getting in the best iregulary. A good bet would be Meeson from Geelong. as for "hawks2008" favaleki, bendigo haven't won enough games! Or a rough chance on late surge from pattison on the cards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In junior footy it is very very rare to see dominant big-men. They take longer to develop and the rovers and centremen tend to play the better footy. Even the best big men tend to have good games and bad games and get shunted around from ruck, to forward to defence.

Often the best players don't play much footy as well. Deledio for example missed 3 games playing for Australia and another 3 as a result of the championships. In an 18 game season playing 6 less games counts. With school footy etc the number of guys who actually play midfield in all 18 weeks is pretty small, and one of them will normally win.

Another factor is that often the very best players are recruited after their first junior season and don't come back for a 2nd. Many of the medalists are 2nd year players (or 3rd year) who have established a reputation and can start the season well.

Finally, and opening a can of worms, at this level the umps don't see the players on TV etc and don't recognise them in many cases. Lots of good performances get missed. Guys who stand-out physically often get votes that they might not deserve. There weren't too many Fijians with a 'fro in the under-18s when Rodan won his two. Similar story with Mungara Brown when he won, wouldn't be suprised if Luan Marsh got close this year.

Can anyone goto the night? or is it invite only?
If so what is the criteria for a invite?
do they have to poll certain votes? or are the votes locked away like the brownlow?

hothead said:
Can anyone goto the night? or is it invite only?
If so what is the criteria for a invite?
do they have to poll certain votes? or are the votes locked away like the brownlow?

The Coaches Award locks away all the 4,3,2,1 votes and publishes the 5s each week in the record. The Morrish Medal is a normal count. The TAC team of the year is announced on the same night.

As far as I know it's invite only & they've already gone out. I would imagine that the kids invited would be the ones most likely to come close in the polling. The event also covers the Coaches Award & the Team of the Year.

It's invite only. Just the regional manager and coach of each TAC Cup side are invited along with the players. It's a pretty boring night, there isn't a count or anything, it's just another Football Victoria award handed out.

does anyone have a list of who has been invited?
been trying to get my hands on the list but haven't been able to!
here is each clubs list of best chances
bendigo- faveleki, hill, carroll
calder- may, both smiths, jolly, iobaucci, becker
dandenong- moore, nayna, ongarello, stanley
eastern- knights, hocking, hill
geelong- sherringham, foss, lewis
gippsland- collins, polo, roughhead,
murray- deledio, egan. prior, wood
north ballart- rosa, driscoll, bateson
northern knights- pattison, gilbert, carnell
oakleigh- sharp, bain, hasset
sandringham- mohammed, beaumont, murphy
western- primsall, rose

what do you all think about my best chances for each club!

you are pretty spot on for gippsland
taylor collins was stiff to miss out on Vic Country selection, good midfielder
dean polo got all australian, he has some talent, roughhead is the same
steve foster has had a good year in the ruck
and shaun mooney in the backline has also been good but never got picked for vic country etc etc
he could be a roughie

i wouldnt really know about the other teams as i dont really follow the TAC cup to greatly

yerrr wasnt a bad effort! my newphew told me jarrod moore won the best n fairest for vic metro at their vote count! it would have been a intresting count, any links with previous winners to the AFL? anyone got any results for the count?

who would you add or who would you take out?
jarred moore did win the count fairly easy to! from what i have heard bain and attard come equal second!
apparently sharp did not poll a vote and jesse w only got 9 votes but won the larke medal!

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC U18 Brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back