Taking a business to court.

Remove this Banner Ad

rustyg70

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2011
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Without going into too much detail, I'm about to take a car detailing company to court for damages they did to my car when they detailed it.
They ripped some of my tinting off on 2 windows and water got into my spark plug ports when they high pressure cleaned the engine.
I have tried negotiating with them but they are refusing to pay up.
1) They are only willing to pay for the 2 windows they damaged, even though their tinting guy said he cannot match the tinting and I do not want 2 different coloured tints on my car.
2) I had to send my car to the mechanics to get it fix, as you have to take off the complete injection system to get to the spark plugs. It cost me $441 to get it fixed.

The tinter said they should replace the whole cars tinting, which is what I'm after.
The mechanic has said that it was their fault and they should pay.
They have spoken to the mechanic and at first agreed to pay, then rang me the next day and said they will not pay.

I have taken my complaint to Consumer Affairs, and that has failed.
They admitted to them they are at fault, and will still not pay up.
They even said to Consumer Affairs they would be pissed off when they asked them how they would feel if it was their car. But said they are looking at this from a business sense and will not be paying.

Consumer Affairs said my next step is to take them before a Magistrate to sort it out, which is my next course of action.

Has anyone been in a similar position or have any words of advice.

Cheers.
One very angry and annoyed Rusty.

I've taken a few people through magistrate's court before (on behalf of a company) and it's pretty straight forward. You can do all the paperwork yourself, it's all online. When you're there, just make sure you bring all the facts with you. Bring evidence including written statements from the tinters & mechanic, invoices & quotes, and also bring all the documentation from Consumer Affairs.
Let me know if you have any specific questions and I hope this works out for you :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking a business to court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back