Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we going to get pick 6 when it's already been sold for more than 8 & 16. It's fine to say we should but it takes two parties for a transaction.
NO. we had picks 8, 13, 16 & 21 before port did any wheeling and dealing / player trading or whatever. We know the price Freo put on pick 6 that port paid. What would have been a better offer for Freo - picks 11, 23, 37 etc that port put up or a potential offer of picks 8 & 16 or even 8 & 13 that we could have offered a long long long time before port were even in the picture

All three left for more money.

Port didn't choose to offload them.

Howard captained them in a game the year he left.

Their PR is just good at spin.

They did do well trading and drafting though after those guys decided to leave.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Howard left due a conflict with another player. Wines from memory.

Must admit I was a fan of Jackson. Not looking good unfortunately
Has been the biggest disappointment of the season.

Thought he would be a solid rather than a star player for us & now looking like he is not afl standard.

NO. we had picks 8, 13, 16 & 21 before port did any wheeling and dealing / player trading or whatever. We know the price Freo put on pick 6 that port paid. What would have been a better offer for Freo - picks 11, 23, 37 etc that port put up or a potential offer of picks 8 & 16 or even 8 & 13 that we could have offered a long long long time before port were even in the picture
Right, port just jumped out of nowhere with a guzump offer...lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard was provided frank and fearless feedback in his end of season review. Told he needed to put in and be the player he can be or maybe he'd be better at another club.
Wingard hasn't really kicked on under Clarkson either, so Port did well to get value for him.

Remember when the rumours were that Wines would walk out on Port... which is why they moved on Howard instead as they apparently had a bitter falling out.... so then needed to get Aliir.

9 VFL games

Averaging 15 disposals a game, 11 kicks 4. handballs, doesn't seem to be any closer to getting a call up to AFL.

Out of contract season's end.
Keep hearing from a few Swans fans that they want him to improve his defensive skills, but can't say I've seen much of him play in the NEAFL/VFL to know how that's going for him.

Wingard was provided frank and fearless feedback in his end of season review. Told he needed to put in and be the player he can be or maybe he'd be better at another club.
Not sure this is try, not what I have been told....

Feedback was not about training, or his football..

Chad wasn't totally in board with the your life needs to be 100% Port Adelaide, he liked to get away from footy abd that wasn't seen to be the Port way

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chad wasn't totally in board with the your life needs to be 100% Port Adelaide, he liked to get away from footy abd that wasn't seen to be the Port way

Provided some feedback of his own on Hinkley that didn’t do down too well.

Sure, that makes plenty of sense, they're a total cult down there.

answer my question, what picks would have been a better deal for Freo and if we had those picks way way way before port had theirs, what was stopping our team from negotiating with Freo?
do you think these negotiations all happen on the day. Port had a plan to get picks and let them know a long way out, what we were was the 2nd bidder to drive the price up or Freo would've jumped early at our "Good Deal". They knew better was coming. like I said I can offer the $100k for the bottle of Grange but if the seller knows there is somebody coming to the party with $150k they aint gunna sell it to me.

do you think these negotiations all happen on the day. Port had a plan to get picks and let them know a long way out, what we were was the 2nd bidder to drive the price up or Freo would've jumped early at our "Good Deal". They knew better was coming. like I said I can offer the $100k for the bottle of Grange but if the seller knows there is somebody coming to the party with $150k they aint gunna sell it to me.
And you dont think the crows could have initiated those discussions months out as well considering the crows KNEW their picks whereas port had to set up trades to get their picks

But to your second point, if you have that bottle of grange before committing to any party to sell and port tell you they will be able to pay $100 for it, but the crows had told you they will be able to pay $300 for it..you are going to say nah, i'll take the $100?. I mean you might but you'd be a bloody idiot

The point is that had the crows been awake at the wheel, they had a far better hand to offer freo for that pick than port. They slept and we all watched in horror as port traded up to get into the elite top 7 as it was dubbed at the time while we did nothing

To my eyes, the way the club approached the top end of that draft from a crows perspective was like watching a slow motion trainwreck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back