Gamingkid

Debutant
Aug 22, 2007
Western Australia
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
melbournedemonsfg1.gif

Danihar Sacked​

The Melbourne Demons are making a few new changes to the 2007 season. 1stly, the Demons are getting a new coach, as Neale Danihar has been sacked by the club, that said, that Danihar wasnt living up to their standards as Senior Coach, as the results showed. Neale Danihar has been a great coach for the club over the past 7-8 years, but we think it might be time for a fresh new face, and idea's at the club, because of last season efforts, we really thought we could knock around the compettion, but we didnt, and we think that might of been a fued with players and coach. We are at the moment looking for a current coach, and should be announced in the next couple of days.

melbournedemonsfg1.gif

New comer picked as Senior coach​

The Melbourne Demons have picked a coach for the next 2 years. Alot of names were up for coach, like Silvagni, Dean Bailey, but the Demons have skipped on all them names, and have gone for a new comer to the game. A 32 year old man named Nick Wharton from Sunbury in Melbourne has been appointed the new coach of Melbourne.
Now you wouldnt know anything about Nick, so here is a little information. Nick has transfered himself to AFL, after playing many tests matches for a Melbourne state team in Cricket. Wharton has been a cricket fan since he can remember, and has only watched AFL on the big occasions, like Grand Final, and Anzac Day.

We caught up with Wharton when was announced the job. "Well it is a great oppourtunity for me to come in at a young age, of 32 the age i am, i have some idea's on what i am going to do with the club. It is a great club to coach, one of the oldest and most supported clubs in the AFL, so i hope i can bring some life and get the club back on track after a dissapointing few seasons. I am from the world of cricket, and i know the sport upside down, but AFL would be a good learning culture for me. I have a 2 year deal with the Demons, and if i do a good job, then hopefully get signed up for more seasons, but if not then i will probably head back and coach in the cricket league in Melbourne".

Melbourne has offered Mr. Wharton a 2 year deal with the club, and paying him 400,000 dollars for the 2 seasons.
Robert Whiley has been named Assistant coach of the Melbourne Demons after spending some time on the Port list, and Sean Randall is the medial staff down at the club, Martin Rix is the recruitment officer, Donvan Gower is the Adminastration Staff member, so all new people recturited by the Melbourne Footy club, lets just see if they can produce the goods in the real season.

melbournedemonsfg1.gif

nabcuplogocolournn7.png

teamsb2.jpg

Key Match-Ups

Nathan Carroll vs Barry Hall - Barry Hall is the key for Sydney. So Nathan will have to shut down Hall early. We will get someone back to help out as much as possible.

Aaron Davey vs Jared Crouch - Crouch is a great player, loves to run with the ball out of defence, so the speed and defence pressure from Flash will help us keep the ball in our foward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

TAR: Melbourne Demons 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back