Beauy420

Team Captain
May 10, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United
Whos going to win?

Tarver is getting quite old but apparently is coming off a good win in October again a top 10 world heavyweight.

Tips?

Best bet of the night is prolly to take the Over 9.5 Rounds on sportingbet. Only paying 1.40 tho.

Don't think Greeny will stop Tarver, the guy has never been stopped in any of his 5 losses. I think he's only been knocked down once in his whole career by Bernard Hopkins and that was a flash knockdown. Tarver is 42, and hasn't been very active recently and his work rate/punch output has dropped a fair bit in his last few fights.

If Greeny is to win, he will probably win a UD and follow the Chad Dawson blueprint and just outwork Tarver over the full 12.

One concern is how Green recovers from that illness he had, he lost a lot of weight during that time and has now weighed in significantly heavier than he ever has before. Could be a factor in the later rounds.

Value bet. Tarver by decision @ 8.50-1. Green has an iron chin, never been stopped. Green shown in previous fights that he can be outboxed by slicker boxer types ie Mundine/Beyer. Tarver is a southpaw, and Green was outboxed by Beyer in their rematch who was a southpaw also. Tarver doesn't really have massive one punch power. Only has 2ko's in his last 11 fights.

Bit of value in Tarver by decision i think. That being said, i'm picking Greeny by ud which is at 1.87, which shows the bookies prolly have this fight just about right.

and the winner will be

319505-danny-green.jpg

Im still torn between the two, im confident it will go the distance so maybe i should just put money on that, but then there are those who say Tarver could of had this fight years ago and is only here for the money now so could it end early like the rest of Greens recent fights.

That left hook is really nice. I'm on the points / decision result for Tarver, just need to hope it's not a knockout now...

Im in the same boat as you Hucky, wanting it to go the distance.

Feeling im getting is not good though, can just see a knockout coming.

no agression in him at all. kept going to the ropes for no reason it seemed. oh well, tarver has offered a rematch.

waiting for mundine to come out with some comments. maybe he will offer tarver a fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarver vs Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Back