Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

It was the kind of game he was playing when he was an All Australian perceived to be one of the most valuable players in the game. He won a heap of hitouts, a heap of clearances and a heap of contested footy. The footy world just looks more at the outcomes than we used to.
Yeah and I’m sure everyone values certain aspects differently. Personally, I want the biggest guys on the ground to take contested marks. Let the midfielders, half backs etc gets the disposals (which they generally use better). What’s valuable IMO is your ruckman being able to take a contested mark in defense, or on the wing when you are trying to get the ball forward.
Tap outs or at least a contest is a given.

Who exactly? Heeney, Warner and Gulden were already A graders.
Heeney wasn't playing predominantly mid and Warner hadn't gone to this level. In 2023, they did need more grunt in the midfield. I reckon they did on gf day too, but during the year then sheer brilliance of their star mids this year meant that they didn't need him. It wasn't just Tay who thought he'd play mid for them, Sydney didn't poach him and give him a 3 year contract to play small forward.

Last edited:

have a feeling Adams is pretty happy.

Seems like that type of guy.
Living in Sydney is depressing in itself.
Melbourne is way nicer.
I'm doubting he is happy with Longmire.
He didn't even make emergency.
Unless he's carrying an injury that has been kept under wraps.

Heeney wasn't playing predominantly mid and Warner hadn't gone to this level. In 2023, they did need more grunt in the midfield. I reckon they did in gf day too, but during the year then sheer brilliance of their star mids this year meant that they didn't need him. It wasn't just Tay who thought he'd play mid for them, Sydney didn't poach him and give him a 3 year contract to play small forward.

Imagine the mess that Neale, Ashcroft and Dunkley would've made of Adams.

Living in Sydney is depressing in itself.
Melbourne is way nicer.
I'm doubting he is happy with Longmire.
He didn't even make emergency.
Unless he's carrying an injury that has been kept under wraps.
I’m thinking Beegs post was a bit more sinister than that and adams is happy because the swans got belted after omitting him from the side

In fairness to Adams, he would have least got down and dirty and show some fight.
I don’t see this with most of the Swans top liners.
Heeney, Goulden,Warner - flair.
Jordon, Rowbottom - negating types.
Others either not midfielders or grunt types.
Was probably missed in due respect.

In fairness to Adams, he would have least got down and dirty and show some fight.
I don’t see this with most of the Swans top liners.
Heeney, Goulden,Warner - flair.
Jordon, Rowbottom - negating types.
Others either not midfielders or grunt types.
Was probably missed in due respect.
The sort of player he is suits finals footy. Still, Sydney weren’t beating Brisbane no matter who played.

The contrast between the Big O and Adams over the last few weeks, is stark. Oscar uplifted his team. Adams was forced smiling when the camera was on him. I dont blame Adams because I would have probably done the same, but I dont think Longmire would have wanted Adams near the team in the last week...in contrast to what Brisbane did with Oscar.

The contrast between the Big O and Adams over the last few weeks, is stark. Oscar uplifted his team. Adams was forced smiling when the camera was on him. I dont blame Adams because I would have probably done the same, but I dont think Longmire would have wanted Adams near the team in the last week...in contrast to what Brisbane did with Oscar.
Bit of a different situation though.
Imagine how Adams feels knowing that Heeney played unfit.

Bit of a different situation though.
Imagine how Adams feels knowing that Heeney played unfit.
As I posted, I dont kick Adams for how he reacted other than I dont think it would have helped his team....and Oscar did that. I thought Callum Mills played it well, and he proved himself "fit" and still didnt make the team. Adams had 19 weeks to prove his worth, and he was overlooked.

I didnt know Heeney was unfit and so was Neale. Both played because their clubs thought they were indespensible. Adams isnt in that league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back