Team USA roster (for now)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought you were referring to Iverson when you said ballhog PG

Wade is an automatic inclusion

As for Carmelo Anthony.. worst selection possible for the USA, who are allegedly putting an emphasis on team ball and defense

Neutral_observer said:
Thought you were referring to Iverson when you said ballhog PG

Wade is an automatic inclusion

As for Carmelo Anthony.. worst selection possible for the USA, who are allegedly putting an emphasis on team ball and defense

no, arenas = ballhog. not to the extent of kobe, but as a pg hes a hog.

anthony is overrated imo. shouldnt be there.

peternorth said:
It is set:

PG
Paul
Hinrich

Ball hog PG
Arenas

SG:
James
Johnson

SF:
Bowen
Battier
Anthony

PF:
Brand
Howard
Jamison
Bosh

C:
Stoudemire
Miller

If I were in charge Id start with

PG: Hinrich
SG: James
SF: Battier
PF: Brand
C: Miller

You've forgotten D.Wade

If I were in charge I'd start with:

PG: Arenas
SG: Wade
SF: James
C: Stoudemire

But that's probably why I'm not in charge

lebron said:
You've forgotten D.Wade

no i havent forgotten dwayne.

i went with that lineup because its a blend of talent and also players who know their roles. hinrich is a passing PG with a good outside shot, something vital in the international game. wade's outside shot isnt there yet.

peternorth said:
anthony is overrated imo. shouldnt be there.
I thought that there was some serious question marks over him at the start of last season, but he did a decent job of showing that he can actually play.

peternorth said:
no i havent forgotten dwayne.

i went with that lineup because its a blend of talent and also players who know their roles. hinrich is a passing PG with a good outside shot, something vital in the international game. wade's outside shot isnt there yet.

you did forget him cause he aint in the original 15 man squad you posted

lebron said:
You've forgotten D.Wade

More than enough scoring from C to SG there, I'd be starting Hinrich.

Redd made himself unavailable because he's getting married I believe.

Will be a lock for Beijing.

Borgsta said:
Howard is going as a Centre not a PF.

doesnt really matter what position hes going at. im sure he'll play some PF as well, unless hes not good enough to play the international PF role :p

Put it this way, coach K reckons the starting lineup will not be the same over the course of these games. wish we had that flexibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth said:
doesnt really matter what position hes going at. im sure he'll play some PF as well, unless hes not good enough to play the international PF role :p

Put it this way, coach K reckons the starting lineup will not be the same over the course of these games. wish we had that flexibility.

I really dont think he will get any time at PF, with Bosh and Brand there.

I cannot see the US winning their national teams have been going downhill since the olympics with bird, johnson and Jordan

Im actually a little concerned they actually may gel too well and get back to dominating world basketball.

Any team with Amare, Howard, Lebron, D.Wade and Paul as the starting 5, who are all willing to give the ball up, wowzers, then you have role players like Battier, Bowen and Redd coming off the bench knowing exactly their role and wont do anymore, that would be game over for the rest of the world.

Not sure some of you guys have been reading what coach K and the rest of the team have been saying about Melo...Coach K said he has been in training since the end of the season and has come into the camp in the best shape possible, Best player in the camp (by the performance), nobody has worked harder at the camp and no one is more deserving of getting a place on the roster. Coach K wants Wade Lebron and Melo leading this team or so i have read on espn.com and nba.com........ 11-17 wouldn't mind that coming out in the last 5 secs if i was coach of the US team...

Overated pffft

DoubleA said:
Im actually a little concerned they actually may gel too well and get back to dominating world basketball.

Any team with Amare, Howard, Lebron, D.Wade and Paul as the starting 5, who are all willing to give the ball up, wowzers, then you have role players like Battier, Bowen and Redd coming off the bench knowing exactly their role and wont do anymore, that would be game over for the rest of the world.

That reason is why I like the $1.42 on offer from Sportingbet :D

US team is held to double standards. No one cares if Heal, Gaze et al jacked up all you can eat 3s.

This is an internationally-angled squad with Coach K in charge, ensuring that all egos are checked in at the door. We should be very afraid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team USA roster (for now)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back