Toast Thank you for everything, big Ivvy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, with the VFL season done and dusted, I would just like to start a thread to say thank you to an absolute champion in Big Ivan Maric. What an absolute warrior he was for us. He ran hinself into the ground like an absolute pack horse and endeared himself to all the tiger faithful to get us to the point where we are now. You have been an absolute champion.

Thank you for everything.

images (12).jpg

images (13).jpg

Will never forget the mullet.

Just a dead set great bloke, did a lot for our club. Wish him all the best for the future, hopefully at our club.

IMG_0693.JPG

My old av and still one of my favourite snap shots. Just a ripping bloke and up there as one of our best recruits of the last decade both on and off field. He's the sort of person that people want to be around and brings out the best in his team mates and those around him. On field whenever he lifted you could see the boys feed off his emotion and lift themselves. But it still can't be compared to how much he helped the club off field. Went above and beyond the call of duty and devoted many of his personal time to the club. Will be sorely missed by the playing group and fans alike. I hope the club finds him a role in some capacity to stay at Punt Road, just to have him around the boys going forward is invaluable.

Will miss ya Ivvy :thumbsu:

A Great man both on and off the field.His standing amongst the faithful at both clubs he played with will be reflected come this Saturday.His legacy is already been reflected by our Captain cleaning up after a match.Thanks for bring heart back into the club.

From a Crows fan, thank you and Congrats on a great career Ivan. You gave your heart in every game you pulled on whichever jumper that happened to be. A true warrior.

Can you believe we are in the GF guys and gals? What odds that round 1?
If we don't win, it's at least to a band of supporters and a Club that knows the pain of the wait. Thanks for embracing Ivan.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

love this bloke so so so much, his passion was amazing to watch

what a great pick up he was, hes brought so much to our club

hope he stays on in some way, will miss him too much otherwise

Has Ivan at least played enough games with Adelaide and Richmond to be part of the retirement parade before the Grand Final?

If so it'll be one of the only times Richmond and Adelaide will be cheering as one.

Will be missed.

Champion that helped change our culture.
Met him on a personal lvl a few times even while he was still at Adelaide. My intial thought of him was this bloke will become a captain one day.

Wasnt captain of our great club but he came close enough. Shame about his body because him and Nank in the same team would have been huge.

Serisously imagine peek Maric running around with Nank.

Has Ivan at least played enough games with Adelaide and Richmond to be part of the retirement parade before the Grand Final?

If so it'll be one of the only times Richmond and Adelaide will be cheering as one.
159 me thinks.
Whats the cut off point?

159 me thinks.
Whats the cut off point?
I'm not sure. All I know is the Year Kingy retired he hadn't played enough games.

Surely as it's an Adelaide v Richmond grand final they give both clubs the opportunity to say goodbye? He's been a great player for us both and we know even though he left Adelaide, Adelaide and their fans still hold him in high regard.

I'm not sure. All I know is the Year Kingy retired he hadn't played enough games.

Surely as it's an Adelaide v Richmond grand final they give both clubs the opportunity to say goodbye? He's been a great player for us both and we know even though he left Adelaide, Adelaide and their fans still hold him in high regard.
If his not involved via the AFL than im sure both clubs will do something together.

Who gets the honour of brining the cup out before the game starts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Thank you for everything, big Ivvy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back