Universal Love Thanks Cyril, 11 amazing years, One of the greatest Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a little much.

But it would be a mighty hard pill to swallow. I would hope that we wouldn't just give him away for a pick in the 60s but we most likely will if this eventuates.
Yea no matter what happens he will always be a Hawthorn legend and always deserves respect from the fans, but we would be well within our rights to ask for more on this one.

He is younger than those other guys and has a lot more to offer as well as being contracted for another 2 years. I am sure we would want to be accommodating to him but would also have a

This is complete and utter rubbish.

Not potting you Hodginator but Ronnie Burns admitted as much.

The worst and most inaccurate rumor i have ever heard.

Hawthorn have treated Cyril in a way never seen by a club in a good way.

There is zero chance he plays for anyone else.
Yeah, I wasn’t watching, just saw it on twitter so thought it was worth sharing. What do you mean when you say he admitted it was rubbish? What was actually said?

If this is the case, I think Hawthorn have done enough for the rest of the league. We can stop helping them all up now. Almost every club has Hawthorn IP.

We are doing a lot more than the AFL to equal the playing field between all the clubs. Players, administrators, coaches, and of course dollars. Would expect a first round pick. However we should wait until we hear something from Cyril, which I hope is a not interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally i would like to see Cyril playing for the Lions next year, if that is what it takes to get him back in the game. I just love watching him play.

If that happens it would come with a trade reward for Hawthorn too.

The fact Sam Mitchell considered leaving in 2011... that is more of a shock to my system.

Personally i would like to see Cyril playing for the Lions next year, if that is what it takes to get him back in the game. I just love watching him play.

If that happens it would come with a trade reward for Hawthorn too.

The fact Sam Mitchell considered leaving in 2011... that is more of a shock to my system.
I think it's a shock in retrospect, but at the time the Hawks were a very up and down team undergoing changes, and Sammy had just basically been forced to hand over the captaincy. He's certainly got enough pride to be knocked around by that stuff. Very very lucky he stayed, he and Hodge were the most important cogs in the 2012-2015 machine.

I feel totally settled on Cyril. He owes this club nothing, and if he goes to play for Brisbane then it's win/win/win as far as I'm concerned.

We get a pick in the trade/Cyril gets to play/we still get to watch.

I think it's a shock in retrospect, but at the time the Hawks were a very up and down team undergoing changes, and Sammy had just basically been forced to hand over the captaincy. He's certainly got enough pride to be knocked around by that stuff. Very very lucky he stayed, he and Hodge were the most important cogs in the 2012-2015 machine.

I feel totally settled on Cyril. He owes this club nothing, and if he goes to play for Brisbane then it's win/win/win as far as I'm concerned.

We get a pick in the trade/Cyril gets to play/we still get to watch.

I haven't read Sam's book yet, so hopefully there are some answers there. I suspect they would be along the lines of your post. It reminds me that us supporters often know little of what is actually going on inside the club. I never dreamed of Sam leaving in 2011... but perhaps it came as a shock to Clarko too...But Sam has some hard edges... exactly what you need to coach.

I think / i hope that Sam is more a Hawk than ever after the 3 peat.

And the fact that us Hawks embraced him after he left the club...I think that might have clinched it for him. Well done us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Thanks Cyril, 11 amazing years, One of the greatest Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back