Thanks, Mitch (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for your incredible service. A son of a champ who took pride in his recovery and preparation. A very good player at his best.

He should be a premiership player.

I feel his role in us getting to the 2021 Grand Final is both under valued and under appreciated. Although not a part of the team who played finals, his presence kept the playing group strong in difficult Covid times.

I wish you, Emily and your two young children all the best for the future. I'm sure you guys won't be strangers around the club.

1665959462407.png

Never a champion player and maybe never got to put his best foot forward after his horrific injury.
Will still be remembered as a champion of the club for the way he carried himself. I’m sure he won’t be lost to the club. I’d love to see him mentoring our 1-3 year players on how to be a grounded individual and take pride in the jumper they pull on.

I can't remember which game it was, thought maybe a commemorative round but maybe 10 years ago so it might have been one of his first games [which fits with his description of his first goal in this video].

It was a close one and Mitch had a shot for goal to win it for us at the end opposite the cheer squad. I was thinking how great it was for a number 3 to save the game for us, as Granty and EJ had before him, and spookily right at that moment they flashed a picture of EJ on the screen. :oops:

We will miss you Mitch
Doctor Who Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always sad to lose a quality human being.

Because he's so loved as a bloke, we tend to focus on the things he missed out on, but 12 years on a list and 162 games is still a damn fine career.

Would be rapt if Mitch took on a development role and Footscray captaincy next year.

Would love him back as a coach in the next few years. I still think he could offer something to North / GC / Essendon (shudder). Great character guy, good role model and leader, also still should be able to offer a bit on field for a team.

Thought he might have got a lifeline and been able to reinvent himself as an inside mid with Dunks leaving but it just wasn't to be. The game went past Mitch a few years back now.
All the best Wally.

It really hurts seeing Mitch go.

Who are the next group of great clubman coming through the ranks ?

Wallis-Weightman.jpg

This larrikin of a kid already winning club awards, was in talks to be the godfather to Wallis' child after less than a year of living with him, and just screams Bulldog spirit. Has Wally's great hands, gutsy positioning, and big smile. He'll keep it going.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, Mitch (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back