Renegade

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Knicks, Yankees
For Corey Enright! Another best on ground performance against the Kangaroos. 30 possies, 12 marks, 2 goals. Reaching the peak of his career while the man we lost to get him... Leigh Colbert, is at the end of his. Enright tore Wells up while young Henry Playfair and first gamer Tom Lonergan made Colbert look like a man who should have already retired. Good luck on that finals campaign Leigh :D

Renegade said:
For Corey Enright! Another best on ground performance against the Kangaroos. 30 possies, 12 marks, 2 goals. Reaching the peak of his career while the man we lost to get him... Leigh Colbert, is at the end of his. Enright tore Wells up while young Henry Playfair and first gamer Tom Lonergan made Colbert look like a man who should have already retired. Good luck on that finals campaign Leigh :D

You've been waiting a few years to write this!!! well about time I say... :D

After spending the day in Geelong, all I can say is even if the Cats win the next 6 flags, leaving is the wisest decision you have ever made Leigh.

I would feel unsafe driving a Ford knowing that people from Geelong assembled it.

Why? I suppose it must be because the classiest of people live in Nth Melbourne.
My father has worked for Ford for over 25 years and I have supported Geelong since I can remember. Your statement Zebra, is one of ignorance. And let us know why exactly it's Leigh's wisest decision he's ever made? I'm curious. :mad:

Rooboy 96 said:
You've been waiting a few years to write this!!! well about time I say... :D
Better now than never. Leigh's been waiting a long time to play finals at North... how unfortunate he never will.

The Zebra said:
After spending the day in Geelong, all I can say is even if the Cats win the next 6 flags, leaving is the wisest decision you have ever made Leigh.

I would feel unsafe driving a Ford knowing that people from Geelong assembled it.
Haha - what a sour loser!

Obviously didn't enjoy your 14 goal thrashing today :D

And no-one here needs to be a rocket scientist to know that you don't win premierships in May. (Ask StKilda supporters)
But then most Geelong supporters who have been born in the last 40 or so years don't know what a premiership is anyway.
Yes we were woeful today and have been for a few weeks now but I bet anyone of you would swap one woeful game for all the joy I had in the last 30 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nananana catman said:
Enright > Moloney.

Moloney at 21 > Enright at 21

Don't mistake me, Enright is gunning it at the moment. Superb game today. Moloney has plenty of time, and alot to learn.

Good decision by Geelong, Moloney is still 2 or 3 years away from hitting the standard of some of their midfielders in terms of consistancy.

Geelong supporters, how many premierships have you seen your team win in colour?

And Leigh Colbert has played finals for North, 3 in '00' and 1 in '02' (presuming he wasn't injured). You guys won no doubt but we did the same to Sydney with the Schwass, Grant trade. It's football. Good luck to Geelong, you are a very classy team and play a good brand of football. But don't dish out too much lip service yet, premierships are won in September. Also lost in the same month (a fact that wouldn't be lost on the Geelong faithful).

Too good for us, and I'm sure we won't be the last team saying that about Geelong in '05'.

I can understand the Colbert trade, as we still had a very good team pushing for 1 more flag. Much like the Crows taking Carey. Other trades we’ve made have been far worse.

While the trade didn’t pay off with winning another flag, we did do well in getting a leader and great clubman.

It does make you wonder what Enright is thinking every time you guys boo Colbert tho.

apollo_creed said:
And Leigh Colbert has played finals for North, 3 in '00' and 1 in '02' (presuming he wasn't injured). You guys won no doubt but we did the same to Sydney with the Schwass, Grant trade. It's football. Good luck to Geelong, you are a very classy team and play a good brand of football. But don't dish out too much lip service yet, premierships are won in September.

Actually my particular rant has nothing to do with premierships, cause until we win one every single win we have means zero. We bag Colbert due to him walking out on the club as captain. Yesterday's destruction of the team in general, and Colbert getting whipped by Playfair as well was extremely enjoyable to savour.

Partridge said:
Actually my particular rant has nothing to do with premierships, cause until we win one every single win we have means zero. We bag Colbert due to him walking out on the club as captain. Yesterday's destruction of the team in general, and Colbert getting whipped by Playfair as well was extremely enjoyable to savour.

I suppose it's always fun watching a once-loved captain who left our club getting beaten. Not many of us get to enjoy that particular pleasure.

I'd guess the club that won yesterday bears little resemblance to the one that Leigh felt he had to leave nearly six years ago. Just maybe it helped a few people at Geelong realise what needed changing.

Anyway - Leigh's been good for us. On field he's been fantastic, and off field he seems to have been a major reason why North got through the Carey debacle as strongly as it did.

Good for Geelong if they made the most out of the trading opportunity. Yesterday hurt, but I've got great respect for the way Geelong have built themselves into a threatening side through smart recruiting and patient coaching rather than diving to the bottom. If they get success, they'll have deserved it. Great team play yesterday and should be a lot more top games to come.

Colbert deserves everything he gets. No player (yet alone a club captain) should leave a club after that club nursed and supported him back from a season ending knee injury.

As for the Roo supporters pulling the old favorite "your only as good as your last flag", your team has at least 10 years before you were anything like you were in the 90's and by then you will be belly up. I'd be looking into the past as well if I were you guys :D

Your an idiot tusk.
Have you seen your bunch of handbagger, inbread excuse for a club 'Geelong' win any form of silver wear???
I dont think so. And we've supposed to die for the past 30 years but we are still here!!!
And its annoying you.

NorthBoi96 said:
Your an idiot tusk.
Have you seen your bunch of handbagger, inbread excuse for a club 'Geelong' win any form of silver wear???
I dont think so. And we've supposed to die for the past 30 years but we are still here!!!
And its annoying you.

:D :D

You just summed up my point there beautifully.

"Stop living in the past Marge, your always living in the past"!

The booing is pointless. It should have been wound up a couple of years ago.
It was however great to see young Henry give colbert a nice touch up.

The roos have beaten us too many times at KP in recent. Yesterdays thrashing was long overdue. Good to see the tide is finally turning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankyou Kangaroos!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back