The 2011 January Transfer Window thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of the day Viduka tore Liverpool apart at Anfield. Scored 4 goals and was unstoppable. Never really got close to replicating that ever again.

I blame Anfield.

Which makes it funny because that game in question was at Elland Road...

Where are you going to get 100 million from?

Well the owners if we really wanted it, however I don't see any of those 3 landing at Liverpool this transfer window anyway so it's a moot point

Why do Liverpool fans think Fenway is a multi billion dollar company with Abu Dhabi like riches? Its value has plummeted like 40% in the past year to 1.5 billion dollars according to its latest percentage sale by the New York Times. Technically its value went from 960 odd million to 1.5 billion but that is ignoring the 1 billion or so they spent recently to buy back shares + Liverpool + NESV

The original plan when buying Liverpool was for them to build a new stadium. With recent developments over the past 12 months now they simply cannot afford to do this. New York Times jumped ship due to there own cash flow problems, John Henry also having major cash flow problems due to the fallings of the U.S dollar (is a foreign currency trader by trade) not to mention they are whoring themselves out to minority investors like LeBron James with the mere intention of getting themself into the Asian Market and attracting new investors because essentially they need someone to prop up the books for them as they dont want to take the risk on all by themself

It will recover but not until the debt crisis is over which will take a little bit. Expect a bit of tightened purse strings around the club in the next 2 years IMO.

We've got enough turnover to look after ourselves though generally. Without filthy American owners who use us as leverage in pursuit of other assets we are fine.

Liverpool, United & Arsenal could easily survive without rich sugar daddies.

Survive yes. Spend 100 mill per season, well no. I think you have 30 mill spending over the next year at mos based on the turnover and with no outside investment from Fenway. Why would they spend money they a) dont have and b) with a weak dollar. Would make no sense. If they had all the money to pump in themself they wouldnt be whoring themself out to the Asian market looking for new investors to take over New York Times stake of the company

Before Liverpool fans jump in with the "but we spent heaps in the summer, wtf u on about" remember all these financial problems for the group didnt really rear its ugly head till about October last year ie. when the window was closed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luis Suarez continues to be linked to a Real Madrid move..45 million pounds the reported offer they are going to make. TBH I think we may sell him. He's probably very unsettled after the incident and maybe wants to move somewhere where is comfortable like Spain as he can speak Spanish. Only a suggestion.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2011 January Transfer Window thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back