The 2011 January Transfer Window thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Munian is at Athletic with Llorente. Fast and has a lot of flair, could be a world class striker but he's still 18/19.

Alvaro Negredo is your typical finisher, can score goals and can assist. He's 26.

I reckon Kalou is rubbish - greedy, wastes the ball, has next to no ability on it.
Can score a handy goal from time to time but it's not really worth playing him just for that.

Surprised Arsenal are in for him.

Don't think Cahill will make Chelsea any better so struggle to see the point in that as well.

Well it is Arsenal! And knowing them they'll use 20 million on him

With 45 million Liverpool could probably get Neymar. Yeah I went there. I doubt it will happen (like 0.01% chance) but it would be amazing for Liverpool if they did.

I reckon Suarez will go as well. Just because Real Madrid have thrown a rediculous amount of money at the Reds.

For 5 million pounds cahill is worth a punt to see if he can contribute at the top level

45m pounds for suarez? surely you would have to sell. he was bought for 23m right? almost doubling that fee within 12 months would be hard to resist, in light of the circumstances currently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

god neymar gives me the shits, he's a little obnoxious ****. and not in a funny way, in a nauseating way.

he'll end up at barca.

agreed, also he looks magic most of the time playing in brasilian league, but against better clubs he is painful to watch..they simply just embarrass him at times.

as for suarez, i think he'll stay at anfield simply because he has so much support behind him at the club.

You spent what, 20 million or something, on Arshavin who had 1 good game, he and Kalou are on the same level.

over the last decade or so, i believe the highest we've paid is for arshavin at approx 17m. jose antonia reyes was around 16m and before him sylain wiltord was approx 13m.

to the best of my knowledge, we've never cracked the 20m mark and certainly dont flaunt that sort of cash as freely as you infer.

wenger usually looks for bargain basement players, such as 16/17 yr olds or french league 1 footballers. every now and then though he does spend more than usual - such as oxlade-chamberlain who cost around the 12m mark for a 17 yr old.

remains to be seen though what he decides with kalou. knowing how stingy he is, he'll likely try and batter down the 3m pound price tag further

Most of the talk I've heard is £30m for Suarez.

To clarify it's $A45 Million, which equates to £30 million which explains where the 45 has come from, thought 45 sounded too goo to be true :p

With 45 million Liverpool could probably get Neymar. Yeah I went there. I doubt it will happen (like 0.01% chance) but it would be amazing for Liverpool if they did.

I reckon Suarez will go as well. Just because Real Madrid have thrown a rediculous amount of money at the Reds.

Neymarrr :eek:. If we got him....:eek:

Keep dreaming. He wants to join Real.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2011 January Transfer Window thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back