The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Double chance/straight to prelim is enough of a reward imo.

Week off allows all times to be at their best, I like it.
You say that because it's the only reason the dogs won in 2016. Without that bye you're out first round as you were going to have 5 players missing.

You say that because it's the only reason the dogs won in 2016. Without that bye you're out first round as you were going to have 5 players missing.
Yes that's his point. It allows teams to be at their best to produce a better all round finals series.

Yeah mate, it's something that benefits all teams(was marvellous for us). Top 4 already get enough of a reward.

It helps produce a better finals series

Yeah mate, it's something that benefits all teams(was marvellous for us). Top 4 already get enough of a reward.

It helps produce a better finals series
With a bye it's actually less of a reward now.

Double chance/straight to prelim is enough of a reward imo.

Week off allows all times to be at their best, I like it.
I don't like it but all good.

Still the same reward, double chance/straight to prelim.
You miss the point of the extra bye though. It makes it harder for teams to stop, start, stop, start. Look at the SANFL for example and the conversion of Minor Premiers to Premiers is not straight forward. The premier gets a bye the first week (Top 5 series) and if they win the Qualifying final they're straight into the GF with a bye again. Only 3 Minor Premiers have become Premiers in the last 11 years.

Let's hope Andrew Dillon is smart enough to remove that Round 0 half the comp not playing bullshit.
That was a flop.
It's already been confirmed and certainly wasn't a flop.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back