The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Most worried about our lack of control in games tbh, for a team that loves to get on the ball, we can't seem to pin sides in and dominate possession. Teams seem to break through our press too easily atm. Their goal was from their midfield running through ours too easily if we really wanna talk about how it started

Most worried about our lack of control in games tbh, for a team that loves to get on the ball, we can't seem to pin sides in and dominate possession. Teams seem to break through our press too easily atm. Their goal was from their midfield running through ours too easily if we really wanna talk about how it started

It is because teams have shown that when pressing us high we tend to lose the ball a lot quicker than in previous seasons. I don't think our midfield mix is right for ball retention while Szobo is in such poor form. He is the most guilty for giving the ball away. Our only saving grace has been teams not being able to sustain that for 90 minutes.

Really I think that's more on Konate. Just deal with it. He's on the ball, just clear it away, reset.

Definitely. Put it out for a throw in without hesitation when the ball is at his feet. Don't wait for the keeper - better safe than sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been wondering if playing in a double pivot is making Grav look better than he is. I don't particularly rate him that highly defending 1v1 and I worry that if we change the system for whatever reason to a single pivot that he will be exposed. For as good as he has been, teams are still playing through our midfield way too easily and as one of the DMs he is partly responsible.

I've been wondering if playing in a double pivot is making Grav look better than he is. I don't particularly rate him that highly defending 1v1 and I worry that if we change the system for whatever reason to a single pivot that he will be exposed. For as good as he has been, teams are still playing through our midfield way too easily and as one of the DMs he is partly responsible.

Gravenberch has been super impressive not because of his defending but his ability on the ball. He is not noted for his defending and that has not been what has really shone through (at least in the matches I've watched in their entirety). That being said, he has been able to track back and make some crucial blocks, interceptions and lend a helping hand to the back 4.

I don't think it's something we need to really worry about, Slot is showing that he will stick with the double pivot and I don't see any reason as to why he'll ever leave Grav there on his own to be exposed defensively.

Whether the double pivot/playing without a pure no.6 stands up against the likes of City, Arsenal and Real remains to be seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back