Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Vibrating Bluetooth anal beads, ****ing hell.

Simon Pegg I’ve always enjoyed in any role, once again he was excellent in this.

The way this series takes the piss out of almost anything is outstanding. The one liners during that comic con style sequence was brilliant. Phases 7 to 18 I recall they said, ****ing gold. Clearly MCU related.

And then Batman/The Tek Night was in their sights. “It’s been almost a year since my last feature film, so that means reboot”. Outstanding :D

Was hoping that bunny would somehow survive, but not to be. That vomiting sheep though, damn that’s an image I could’ve done without. Intrigued by where to the Homelander and Ryan dynamic goes from here.

Yes it was blatant but I indeed loved the digs at MCU/DCEU. And the white saviour trope in A-Train's movie - genius getting Will Ferrell cast in that role.

Also want to add that the acting in this is pretty good to excellent. Simon Pegg was good in the latest one but the regulars definitely don't phone it in, so much so that I am quite invested in how most of them end up. Probably the least convincing one is Sister Sage but that may be because she's new, has less screen time so far than Firecracker, and hasn't been developed yet although we are getting hints at her master plan.

Yes it was blatant but I indeed loved the digs at MCU/DCEU. And the white saviour trope in A-Train's movie - genius getting Will Ferrell cast in that role.

Also want to add that the acting in this is pretty good to excellent. Simon Pegg was good in the latest one but the regulars definitely don't phone it in, so much so that I am quite invested in how most of them end up. Probably the least convincing one is Sister Sage but that may be because she's new, has less screen time so far than Firecracker, and hasn't been developed yet although we are getting hints at her master plan.

Yes agree on Sage. She featured more heavily in the opening episodes, a bit less the last episode or two, however am expecting her involvement to significantly increase towards the end of this season. Some interesting dynamics between her and Firecracker and A Train.

The Simon Pegg performance here was outstanding I felt. The way he was oscillating between being genuinely frightened when he was killing people, to the rage he felt for Hughie’s mum, was brilliant.

watched the first 3 eps of this season, it's ok but not as good as previous seasons.

What struck me is how much slimmer Mothers Milk is in this season, he's lost his bulk.

I agree with a previous post that this season seems to be focused more on relationships (Frenchie/Colin, Homelander+Billy/Ryan, Hughie/his mum, etc), and less about the action

watched the first 3 eps of this season, it's ok but not as good as previous seasons.

What struck me is how much slimmer Mothers Milk is in this season, he's lost his bulk.

I agree with a previous post that this season seems to be focused more on relationships (Frenchie/Colin, Homelander+Billy/Ryan, Hughie/his mum, etc), and less about the action
I wondered if that's a directive for the character given the stress MM is under this season?

Just saw ep4. Confirmed that S4 is a drop in standard, they're losing me.

I agree with the sentiment in these, what was once a good show, has been ruined

I've found the right winger that thought the show was only anti-woke.

CriticalDrinker? Yeah, that's a good guide to tell me who to ignore.

Just saw ep4. Confirmed that S4 is a drop in standard, they're losing me.

I agree with the sentiment in these, what was once a good show, has been ruined

How could this show drop in standard? Its standard has always been terrible. Just Horrible writing. Not one good season.

How could this show drop in standard? Its standard has always been terrible. Just Horrible writing. Not one good season.
Genuine question Seeds, why do you watch anything?

You seem to hate everything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was wild.

So many quotable moments. “I’ve eaten asparagus”. ****ing hell. Take your pick.

That urinal in the Tek Cave, sheesh.

Zendaya as the safe word is savage stuff. Outstanding.

Still some nonsensical things that occur each episode. How Homelander once again didn’t know or doesn’t hear them there for example.

Genuine question Seeds, why do you watch anything?

You seem to hate everything?
The answer to your second question is. No i dont.

People read these threads to see if a show is great. Its important to get an accurate reflection of the show and not a biased one. Ive seen every episode of the show up until this season. my view is this is mostly all the bad bits from game of thrones put in blender with a super hero facelift and none of the good bits.

Well, the big reveal in that episode regarding Butcher was something most people had worked out a few weeks ago, so I found that a bit of an anti-climax. The rest of the episode is so effed-up that I need time to process it before I can decide if I liked it. Tek Knight and his "holes" are consistent with the comic book. Homelander is shown to be an intellectual lightweight again, and then FireCracker and her special gift to Homelander. This show is so weird, and that's why I love it.

Last edited:
I'm forcing myself through this season. Really loved the first 3, so I hope it turns around.

The quality of writing is so absurdly poor this season.

I'm forcing myself through this season. Really loved the first 3, so I hope it turns around.

The quality of writing is so absurdly poor this season.

If i didnt know there was only one season left id be giving up on this show. It has gone absolutely nowhere since season 1. The only likeable character is Kimiko.

If i didnt know there was only one season left id be giving up on this show. It has gone absolutely nowhere since season 1. The only likeable character is Kimiko.

I find both her and Frenchie very boring. The only character I really care about at all anymore is A Train.

It’s a piss take, in true The Boys form, at Tom Holland (the real life “webweaver”/Spider-Man). He and Zendaya are partners.
Yes, Zendaya is the actress who played MJ in Tom Holland's Spider-Man, and Web-Weaver in The Boys is their version of Spider-Man. So it really was a piss take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back