Roast The Brownlow has no credibility left

Remove this Banner Ad

He still had to be in the best players on the ground whether the rest of Carlton sucked or not.

End of the day Cripps and Daicos were comfortably the most consistent players this season and rightly have split most of the season awards between them.
Cripps is a deserving winner. No question. But 45 votes? When you consider greats like Williams, Wanganeen and Goodes won with around 18 - 20 votes. It’s like the umpires cant see past certain players who are mids. It’s just a trend in the past decade, and not a criticism of Cripps. He’s a beast and great captain.

Cripps is a deserving winner. No question. But 45 votes? When you consider greats like Williams, Wanganeen and Goodes won with around 18 - 20 votes. It’s like the umpires cant see past certain players who are mids. It’s just a trend in the past decade, and not a criticism of Cripps. He’s a beast and great captain.
45 was higher than expected but using any decent analysis of his season it was obvious he'd be around the high 30s/early 40s mark. Stars just aligned for him this year, highly doubt we see another year like it for some time.

An anomaly like this year shouldn't change how the award is done.

45 was higher than expected but using any decent analysis of his season it was obvious he'd be around the high 30s/early 40s mark. Stars just aligned for him this year, highly doubt we see another year like it for some time.

Only thing I reckon is umpires should have access to stats before voting. Avoid mistaken identity

His team lost half their games and he was still polling top votes. In the past he would have got 1 at most and players that helped their team actually win the game would have got the rest.

I can't be bothered reading this entire thread but is anyone seriously begrudging Cripps winning the Brownlow? I get that the voting seems completely skewed these days and there's certainly discussion to be had around that aspect of the Brownlow. But Cripps for mine is absolutely a deserved winner.
Its not that Cripps shouldn't have won, its more should he have been awarded twice as many votes as Bontempelli?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The Brownlow has no credibility left

Remove this Banner Ad

Back